Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your name? Love it or hate it, and why?

MLP Nick

my name is Seth

I love it and I hate it.

I hate it cuss where I live (Netherlands) nobody can say my name here they say it in a cringe way I don't like telling people my name here...

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2019-04-29 at 5:35 PM, Dreambiscuit said:

My name is Katie and it suits me just fine. I like the name, it’s easy to remember, easy to spell and I think I look like a Katie, so that helps.  

I love your name, Dreamy.
You look like a Katie.

:wub::mlp_smug::pinkie::yay::D:o

My name is Travis and I like it.

I’m not completely sure if I look like a Travis or not.

• Brohoof 1

I guess I may as well share mine's. My name is Linus and I kinda ok with it

I think I got the name because as I kid, I used to carry around a blanket like the Snoopy character. Nowadays though, I'm totally fine without it

Edited by Reality Check

I always believes that names have meaning to your life. I used to not like my name since it's so common. But as years goes by, I begin to grow appreciated it since it means "defender of men". I still don't feel connected with it yet, since I don't where my path will lead. I always wanted to be the service of people but at the same time, I lost some faith in humanity and stop caring overall. Hard to say, maybe I don't understand what I want to do with my life yet. This may sound strange but I often dreamt myself as being a soldier of the past, from different timeline-here I am today, wanted to join medical field to serve these patients in need. At same time, sometimes thinking about wanted to join the Military.  I think I was meant for these kind of field of services in general. But I lost all motives for that or just doesn't really know if that's what I meant to do. Or if that's the right path for me. So it's more like bless and a curse with that name.

Jeļena. In English my name would be Helen or Elena. I've never been entirely sure which. And it's fine, I guess. I get annoyed at how poorly English-speakers tend to pronounce it so I use nicknames with Americans and Brits to avoid being annoyed.

Edited by Sunset Rose

3 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

Jeļena. In English my name would be Helen or Elena. I've never been entirely sure which. And it's fine, I guess. I get annoyed at how poorly English-speakers tend to pronounce it so I use nicknames with Americans and Brits to avoid being annoyed.

your name is really nice

(I read it close to correct, right? Ye-leh-na, sorry if i didnt)

As for me, I quite like my mame, I did choose it after all, my name is Niámh,

i get very annoyed at how people who are unfamiliar with irish and scottish names pronounce it, but not their fault that we made most sounds a bunch of letter combinations

On 2021-11-04 at 3:40 PM, The Inigo Simp said:

your name is really nice

(I read it close to correct, right? Ye-leh-na, sorry if i didnt)

As for me, I quite like my mame, I did choose it after all, my name is Niámh,

i get very annoyed at how people who are unfamiliar with irish and scottish names pronounce it, but not their fault that we made most sounds a bunch of letter combinations

Close, but the diacritical ļ in Latvian makes it grammatically sound more like yehl-yay-nah.

• 2 weeks later...

Zack or Zackery. 

I have been called by either two all my life and have finally grew tired of it. I planning on changing my name to Zara in the near future, not only because I hate my given name, but because I'm struggling with my gender identity and am planning on transitioning soon. I am already using my preferred name on my email, bank account and other online platforms. 

Edited by Totally Winxed
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
On 2012-09-16 at 7:24 AM, Envy said:

I go by Emma. Although I've found that my friends like to shorten it to 'Em', especially when typing. I'm thinking is it that hard to type out Emma? Lol. Emma is already a shortened version in my case.

I no longer go by this name. The reason I ever went by it is because my ex had a best friend with my real name and so she decided to call me Emma and it stuck for years thereafter.

That's a bit odd looking back on it.

My real name, which I've never talked about here, I'm actually okay with. I go by it exclusively now, since my ex is long gone from my life. It is a common name, but not so common that I typically run into situations where there are others with my name. (it happens, for a short time there was a girl at work with my name, but she's not there anymore... working from home, now? Totally threw me off when she was there and I'd hear my name. xD).

My name means "grace", a very Christian Biblical name... Eh. But the name is so common nowadays that I think you're more likely to associate it with a pop star (or character? IDK) than with the Biblical character.

I'm not giving my real name itself, but it would probably be pretty easy to figure out with those clues. :ButtercupLaugh:

• 3 months later...

real name is kaitlyn, i don't hate it as much as i used to and nowadays most of my online friends actually call me that instead of my username.

i'm just sad because my mom was torn between rose, sabrina, and kaitlyn....like bruh you picked that one out of the options??

• Brohoof 1