Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should FiM change to traditional animation?

RoboGuy9000

The answer is a simple as that my friend. Listen to Big Macintosh he is a smart one!

Really though there would be no need for them to change their art styles they have done an extremely great job with the show... If something ain't broke, then there is no reason to "fix" it...

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo *inhale NNNNOOOOOOOOO

MLP:FIM has an awesome animation it would be the best if you just leave it alone and just let the animators do their work i'm not trying to be offensive or anything

They have done a wonderful job with the animation. The show uses Flash to its best potential. I sort of wish they'd clean out some of the animation errors, but in a way I don't want them too. It did give us our favorite mailmare 6_9.

NEVA!!!! I've seen more then 150 animes... (last time I checked that was in february or sumthing I think... have seen far more now) and with that said I've seen some of the most beautifull animations that is used in (traditional) ainmes. I believe that... and if you know alot of good anime animations you probably will feel the same that it can be more beautifull... Hell look at beowulf. When I first saw it the first 15-30 mins I didn't know that it was a full animation show... it's not exactly an anime but let's look at how far animation is. Even tho the budget was 150kk (150M) look at the quality... it was hardly distinguishable from a non animation movie if you don't pay attention 2 it. That said you know the quality of mlp: fim can be ALOT better. And that movie was from 2007... animations are now even better at that budget.

Now I know they won't make 5 episodes cost 150kk for fim :P but you can grasp the reality that it would look alot different :P

now let's go on to real anime at a normal price... one of the best animes I've seen is the Clannad series. It has a solid story and one of the most beautifull animation styles I've seen. I wouldn't say that it's more beautifull then how they make FIM cause they're different styles... but if I have 2 choose from which I would want to watch more I'd say Clannad.

But now I come to the conclusion (finnally eh XD) the way they made FIM is beautifull for the show and no other style in the world would satisfy for me 2 watch FIM on as in the style they use now cause it's so different from other styles ^^

Not really, one of the reasons the show is awesome is because of the animations. If they changed the programs the animations change and therefore the show feels different.

So short answer no. I love the show just the way its animated.

And originality isn't bad for sure.

Edited by Zygen

I like FiM's animation and it's art style. But looking at story boards and other cartoons like Gravity Falls I feel FiM could do better, and to do that I feel traditional animation is the way to go. Does anyone else feel this way?

OVA only. people are too use to the tween animation of the show. It's target audience (the kids and kids at heart) will complain.

Unless someone can bring in amazing 90s Disney level animation, I'd say leave it the way it is. Shoot, it's done so well that you might actually make the animation worse switching to traditional without a master cartoonist.

I will say a I wouldn't mind maybe a movie done like below to see how it turns out, that's down right beautiful.

Nope. All of my nope.

Well, there IS one other way to animate this show...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I seriously hope that if some some reason G4 ends, that's what G5 is going to look like.

But I really love the current animation style. Don't fix it if it ain't broken.

Edited by Shoboni

OVA only. people are too use to the tween animation of the show. It's target audience (the kids and kids at heart) will complain.

I don't think they would if the animation team did it the right way. Honestly, if the dialogue and personality of the characters stay the same, I'd say the switch would probably go unnoticed after about 5 episodes.

Nuh-uh, the flash animation is part of what makes the show look so good(well that and the art style, which I absolutely love)! I mean don't get me wrong, I do like traditional animation too, but like AegisReflector said if a show has perfected a style(like FiM has), they should stick with it.

Edited by (\SBB64/)

I don't think they would if the animation team did it the right way. Honestly, if the dialogue and personality of the characters stay the same, I'd say the switch would probably go unnoticed after about 5 episodes.

the nay sayers in this thread are already proving me right. someone will notice and these ppl will converge to throw a shitfit just because their favourite show changed ever so slightly

I would say no. For three reasons I might add, one is the animation style they use now is what controls the industry. It is what the target demographic expects and you can't get quite the same effect using traditional animation with out a huge amount of work.

Two, getting the same level of animation that they have now using traditional animation would take much longer meaning that there would be even more time between episodes and/or seasons.

And finally they have created this show using flash (if I'm not mistaken) and they have used flash for at least two seasons now and if they switched now it would just be weird.

I think the animation and overall look of the cartoon it quite amazing and unique, and partially reason for its success. It's a testament to the amazing animators that work on the show. The attention to detail they have with regards to facial expressions and body language is outstanding.

The animation is one of things I love about the show, and so do many others, because it's is high quality and unique. If it were to change, it would lose it's uniqueness, and the quality of the animation would go down. It's also much different to how previous generations were animated.

...Nah.

I'll admit I was very skeptical when I heard the show was flash-based. Most of the fully computer-based cartoons I saw looked really tacky, and I had no use for them. But then I actually saw the show and my doubts were erased. MLP really did something special with that style, and now I can't imagine the show any other way. I say keep it the way it is. :)

Edited by TailsAlone

Nope. All of my nope.

Well, there IS one other way to animate this show...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I seriously hope that if some some reason G4 ends, that's what G5 is going to look like.

But I really love the current animation style. Don't fix it if it ain't broken.

I like the animation style that are in the gifs more than the one they use now. but i do not think they are going to change it. which im fine with.

Wouldn't that be expensive? The animators are used to Flash, so switching wouldn't be a very good idea.

I like the animation as it is. The style is unique and cute and the animation itself is very fluid. Though errors have occurred, overall the animation is very good.

What the heck is wrong with you?!? Why would you even think about that?!?! :( There is nothing wrong with the current animation!! The animation is one of the reasons I love the show.

OKAY OKAY!!! THERE IS NO NEED FOR OVERREATION! we should try ot respect everybodys ideas and i don't think that us bronys are gonna be this way telling off people... with all dues respect please don't take this the wrong way i jsut want you to know for later jsut incase you make someone feel really bad for having their own ideas :(

• 3 weeks later...

NO, NEVER, because then it would look like the previous generations of my little pony animation which looks BUGLY (Bucking Ugly)

Flash looks better for the show.

TL;DR version, look at the video below

Edited by Danger Dashie

Hell. No.

It's just so perfect the way it is, I'll be ashamed for them to change it. All of the ponies would lose their beauty that was blessed upon each and every one of them....some more than others...

Edited by Crystal Sparkle
  • Brohoof 2

post-5757-0-25403300-1343486738.gif

Yeah, screw that noise. One of the main reasons why I love MLP so much is because it has great animation, if they changed it they would be no better than Avenged Sevenfold when they conformed to grunge rock so that they could get featured on the radio. I don't know if you guys know this, but Avenged Sevenfold's beginning albums sounded much different than they do now. Essentially it would be the same thing, and I would be disappointed.

:huh: Hmmm... haven't done this in awhile, but it's time to consult my go-to expert in all difficult matters. AJ, do you think MLP should switch to traditional animation?

Agreed. MLP's animators have shown themselves to be masters of Flash animation, and have perhaps produced the most impressive Flash-animated show of all time! It simply looks fantastic, and is part of the essence of the show at this point, so really, there's no need to change it, and if anything, they'd probably get criticized for changing it.