Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Parent & Friend Reactions to your Bronyness: Before & After

Braeburn Apple

My friends (at least the ones I've gotten around to tell) didn't really care, I even got one into the show. My Brother and Sister-in-Law decided to tease me without mercy, but they don't have any malice behind it, that's just what our family does.

I posted a status on FB that I like the show, one guy's reaction was just like "...woooow" and then, turns out that 4 otherswere bronies as well. Too bad they're hardly ever on anymore and I never see them anymore because distances. I'm now in a club at my campus, we haven't met up since before summer, but thankfully we've not encountered haters or proverbial assholes...yet. We hang out in the lounge so we're not exactly a secret society.

well i wish no brony would have to go though the teasing of being a brony, but being society as it is, people can't accept what others love just because its not how the stereotypical male is. people wanted to have peace in the world, yet they can't accept something so simple as a tv show that others like :(

I got two friends into ponies. The rest of my friends either don't care, or are haters. I come back on the haters by asking what's so bad about being a part of a fandom that does so much good, citing Bronies For Good, specifically. That usually shuts them up.

I put an image of Rainbow Dash as my Wallpaper to see what they'd say. I was asked why i have a picture of Rainbow Dash as my wallpaper. When i explained that I started watching it and that it's actually quite interesting one of my friends replied with "are you serious?", the other said he'd give it a chance and might start watching it. It doesn't really bother me what anyone thinks anyway :)

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy

lol I haven't even told all of my friends. The worst response I got from one of the few I've told was a laugh, and the best response was "hey I'm one, too!"

Now my 6 year old nephews on the other hand, when they saw me watching ponies they kind of did the dick little kid thing and were all like "christian why are you watching a show for girls you are old you should be watching sports or WWE" but now they have quite possibly a bigger obsession than I do about it.

Edited by Lord Bababa

OK, one day in class it was very quiet and my phone went off "My little pony, my little pony ahhh ahhh ahhh ahhhhhhhh....." My classmates looked at me and they said how cute I was for having that ringtone. I was a little embarrassed, but I really enjoyed the attention. I was 18 at the time.

I couldn't care less if my friends like ponies or not, I can't force them to like something they don't. They don't care either about my love for ponies, they respect it. I've also met new friends who love ponies as much as I do. Life's great :D

Well one friend does think it's kinda weird and sometimes acts like it is a problem, but not in a big way. Mostly he just thinks he is being funny.

My other friend did think it's weird, but he seems fine with it. No real big problems with him.

friends? friends? where are MY friends?! all my friends are dead!! all my friends are deaad! they got kicked in the head! all my friends are dead!

>best friend comes to chill at my house

>sees ponies on subwoofer

>friend: i dont get this MLP thing

>me: well have you watched the show?

>friend: no, but i've watched some clips on youtube

>oh my god

• 3 weeks later...

One of my best friend knows that I am but I don't think he knows the whole brony thing. I just wanted to tell someone I don't know why. Anyway I had my iPod wallpaper set to rainbow dash laying on a cloud. He saw it and said " what's your background? Is that my little pony?" So I said im a brony, which was a big mistake because his next question was "you're a what?" So I just said I like the show my little pony. His response was "wow Nick wow" I don't say much about the show around him but occasionally I might.

I've been fortunate enough to elicit only positive and neutral reactions from friends of mine, having had a few join the herd themselves. I've had one compadre of mine in particular 180 from being a hater to writing shipfiction, so that's really cool.

i tried to bring it up by mentioning the fandom from an outside perspective ( i tried my hardest not to use facts) but i i have gotten are negative so i pretended to hate while all the lessons i got from mlp and the brony community were being contradicted

The only one that gives me crap for it, just groans whenever I bring it up, or wear a t-shirt. I used to have more of my friends calling me gay, and a supporter of bestiality (yeah I have no idea) (Funny thing is the one who said that is a brony now) Yeah...

Pretty much the same as the OP. When I became a brony everyone laughed at me for it and ridiculed me, they still do (i've only been a brony for about a month though) but most of them accept it now. They dont mind me talking about it either, but it's easy to understand why they get frustrated when I go on...

• 3 weeks later...

At my school, I could decorate a whole classroom with MLP stuff and nobody would care a bit about it! In fact, they usually just ignore me unless I'm drawing something. Well, there WAS this "friend" of mine who cussed me out for being a pegasister. With friends like her, who needs enemies? :(

I lost a couple friends because of me watching the show, but I also made some. I still get some hate from people, like people saying "Your F***ing obsessed" and "I think you're Gay now" just because my wallpaper on my laptop I bring to school has a MLP wallpaper.

After the shock had worn off, they laughed about it (and then * happened). My friends just couldn't believe it and mocked me something brutal.

The fact I made it clear that I was ashamed of it and saw it as an addiction won me some cred back (although the * event restored my status).

My friends are fine with it, because I don't go on about it and don't force it on them.

First of all, know that I am a long term goth, fan of metal and horror and hater of the mundane. I wear this on my person and am very proud of it. My utter hatred of pop music and certain movies (VAMPIRES DON'T &%$&(&% SPARKLE!!!!!!!!) has earned me a reputaion for being a bit of a dark man.

Finding out that I was a Brony was like finding out that your sweet old granny loves to pwn noobs while she insults every race, faith, sexual orination and nationality.

I bought I few of the wee packets of collectble toys from my friend's comic store when I got my monthly load. I Bought stuff like Hellraiser comics, zombie stuff, a 40K novel, a V for Vendetta t-shirt. . . and a couple of those wee pony packs. Everyone laughed and said I was lossing it.

My bill - my discount? £66.60

If the dark gods are cool with it, then I should be as well! My mates had to agree.

Honestly, the couple I've told have actually been quite cool with it. My sister and I got through Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2 this summer, and she really enjoys the show now, and a couple of my friends who I've told actually used to watch it themselves (they don't anymore simply because of time constraints). As for the couple other friends who haven't watched it, they think it's cool, and they understand why I do watch it. Honestly, I think it helps that I'm in college; college-aged friends are a lot less likely to be irrationally reactionary than high-school or grade school friends are, at least in my experience. But I am very thankful that they've been so cool about it so far. :)

• Brohoof 1

At first when I told them, they were like "Wtf, why would you watch a show for little girls", but after a couple weeks most om them were bronies too. :D

This is kinda off-topic, but I have actually befriended a couple of people (including my crush :P) thanks to My Little Pony. :D

Very, very negatively. I'm teased for being a brony, but now they accept the show, and some of them like it now. Hell, all that commotion over a television show too. It's honestly not that big a deal, but people blow it way out of proportion.

Edited by Dash Is Best Pony

I only told my closest friends(5) and four of the reactions were: "NO WAY! YOU'RE A BRONY TOO?!" and the other(my best friend) was: "O_O Wat." But now he's a brony too after I slowly made him love the fan base through music, then the show xD. He's trying to get caught up on the show before season 3 starts. So yeah, my closest friends are all bronies, so I guess I'm lucky.