Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Parent & Friend Reactions to your Bronyness: Before & After

Braeburn Apple

My parents always come in and see what is on my computer, Surprisingly they didn't care if I watched that. Not even my little sister, she like the show too.

They think nothing because they do not know.. HAHAHAHHAHA.

I don't think it's going to matter if I tell them or not, so whatever.

But if they ever found out, they'd probably be fine with it, but occasionally tease me to make it less awkward for themselves.

My mother walked in while i was on Xbox and my laptop was on the bed. The screensaver of Derppy Whoofs looking at a lava lamp was on. My mother just said 'whats that?' i said 'a pony'. She shrugged and walked off. My parents dont care that much :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really sure what my parents think of it. I told them because it made it easier on me and it's only been brought up a few times. Whenever we're talking about it the conversation lasts no longer than a minute or two, and I highly doubt they know how large the fanbase really is and how much of the time I spend online is related to it and stuff like that. They don't really seem to care all that much that I watch MLP, but as I mentioned I don't think they really know how much I am into it.

Edited by atomic7732

I never tell anyone anything, saying stuff is stupid. But if it comes out one day so be it, I don't have plans on telling anyone and don't care if anyone is told.

Dad had a big argument with me about why watching it and making a big deal about it is retarded. We dad the agree to disagree thing. Mom was like "Why don't you watch Twilight then?" I said "Inless it's a movie about Twilight Sparkle... Everything's wrong with it" (Don't get me wrong, I'm still a guy, and Twilight is still a chick/gay movie).

Dad makes fun of me sometimes and mom doesn't care.

Not like there going to tell me to stop watching it, I'm more cheerful... lol. (I'm usually not)

Edited by Diamond Dash

I imagine they'd be fine with me watching the show, at least my Dad would, mother's a little less...open-minded. Sure, they'd already come to terms with me liking anime and gaming...well...at least my Dad xP

But to be honest, this is such a mature community, and so much of my interest is not only fuelled by the show, but by fan media, something that neither of them will ever understand. The point is, they'd be fine with me watching the show but fine with the extent of my obsession? (still have to hide my pony sketches) Fine with the 'Brony community'? I doubt it.

My parents do not know.

But my gosh, it's just a cartoon. My parents know I watch cartoons. My mom even bought me an anime DVD a couple of years back. She never worried too much about it, and I frequently bring up cartoons in conversations (only when it's anywhere near relevant I mean) but I have not brought up My Little Pony. I was never into it when I was little.

• 1 month later...

My mum knows all the details. My father doesn't. Both of them, however, really like the effects watching the show and the social interaction it has been giving me as a result of new friends made have had on improving my mood and general state of being.

So they think positively of it, basically.

I haven't told my dad, though I haven't gone out of my way to hide it from him, either. The worst case, I think, would be that he wouldn't really care. I am rather tempted to suggest that he watch the first two episodes and see if he continues to watch the show. It would be pretty funny and cool---nay, 20% cooler if he decided to become a brony. But I wouldn't want to force it onto him.

I'm curious as to how many bronies successfully "converted" their own parents.