Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Parent & Friend Reactions to your Bronyness: Before & After

Braeburn Apple

Treating the action of informing others that you like ponies like coming out of the closet is incredibly stupid in my opinion. Telling someone you're a brony should be the simplest thing and non-stressful thing you can express. I mean it's the fault of the opposing party if they don't accept it, but they don't deserve companionship if they don't accept it.

Nice going stranger, but don't treat this like overcoming a giant obstacle, it's not.

• Brohoof 5

Lol, here just for you. 

Ahem. Bojo, i have a confession to make. I am a brony.  :blush:

OMG OMG OMG!!! Really????? I'm a brony too! :lol:  *shameless brohoof*

• Brohoof 2

haha :P *return brohoof* sweet, *hugs* lol

*hugs back*

Thank you for this simulation, now I'm prepared to do this in real life!  

You made my night!  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Treating the action of informing others that you like ponies like coming out of the closet is incredibly stupid in my opinion. Telling someone you're a brony should be the simplest thing and non-stressful thing you can express. I mean it's the fault of the opposing party if they don't accept it, but they don't deserve companionship if they don't accept it.

Nice going stranger, but don't treat this like overcoming a giant obstacle, it's not.

well thank you for your opinion. I suppose i truly shot myself in the foot again. i guess i will try to keep my mouth shut in the future, or at least be smarter with the things i do say, and try not to make myself look like an idiot. sorry if i offended anyone.

*hugs back*

Thank you for this simulation, now I'm prepared to do this in real life!  

You made my night!  :lol:

lol, well i am glad then. :) i'm happy i could help haha

• Brohoof 1

Here's a nice list about everyone's reactions about me telling them I like MLP:FIM   Mother: ...okay. Dad: Sure, do what you want. Bro: Wowwww. What's so great about this show. ("It has dragons, shapeshifters, John De Lancie, and gods and goddesses") ...okay point made. Best Friend: Why the hell do you like that show? ("*insert stuff here*") ...okay. I still don't like the show. HEY DID YOU KNOW THAT CATCHING FIRE IS COMING OUT IN A WHILE? Best Friend #2: Ooh! I wanna try an episode! If you like it it's gotta be good! (*watches A Canterlot Wedding*") OH MY GOD THIS SHOW IS AMAZING X.X Best Friend #3: I'll try an episode one of these days, it must be good if you like it.

SAMESIES!!! :D  :D  :D

seriously, this is exactly how it turned out for me. are you me?

well thank you for your opinion. I suppose i truly shot myself in the foot again. i guess i will try to keep my mouth shut in the future, or at least be smarter with the things i do say, and try not to make myself look like an idiot. sorry if i offended anyone.

lol, well i am glad then. :) i'm happy i could help haha

Hey! I don't think this thread is stupid, and I don't think you made yourself look like an idiot! In my opinion, this thread is actually nice because you're asking people to tell their experiences on telling others about being a brony, I don't see anything wrong about it!

• Brohoof 1

Hey! I don't think this thread is stupid, and I don't think you made yourself look like an idiot! In my opinion, this thread is actually nice because you're asking people to tell their experiences on telling others about being a brony, I don't see anything wrong about it!

thanks i really appreciate that. :) more than you know. that made me fell a little bit better but i still feel pretty stupid for opening my mouth. this always happens. though i shouldn't complain, im the offender not the offendee.

• Brohoof 1

Nothing is wrong with a show promoting good will happiness laughter etc.

Yet I find it weird some people find watching a show filled with sex murder and drug use perfectly normal lol.

Last I enjoy this thread it's nice my nephew himself is starting to get interested in MLP he ask's me about it a few times just his Momma keeps him on a steady diet of SpongeBob lol.

Which I think she's more of a fan of then he is.

• Brohoof 1

Nothing is wrong with a show promoting good will happiness laughter etc.

Yet I find it weird some people find watching a show filled with sex murder and drug use perfectly normal lol.

Last I enjoy this thread it's nice my nephew himself is starting to get interested in MLP he ask's me about it a few times just his Momma keeps him on a steady diet of SpongeBob lol.

Which I think she's more of a fan of then he is.

hey i dont blame her. spongebob is good stuff. the creator actually graduated from my high school. well it was either him of the voice actor behind spongebob. at any rate, i like the older stuff better than the newer.

Lol SB is ok I just can't get into the craziness I've always watched shows since the beginning with more story driven details then the laugh factor.

Like King of the Hill over family guy.

Kim Possible over something like P&H.

MLP over Dan Vs...

Which not to say I hate craziness love random things a lot lol.

But again SB is ok in my book love plankton for some odd reason maybe because he always get's the raw deal lol.

Well's back on topic my nephew asked me a few days ago who the yellow horse was...lol.

• Brohoof 1

Lol SB is ok I just can't get into the craziness I've always watched shows since the beginning with more story driven details then the laugh factor.

Like King of the Hill over family guy.

Kim Possible over something like P&H.

MLP over Dan Vs...

Which not to say I hate craziness love random things a lot lol.

But again SB is ok in my book love plankton for some odd reason maybe because he always get's the raw deal lol.

Well's back on topic my nephew asked me a few days ago who the yellow horse was...lol.

lol thats awesome your nephew is getting interested. train him well.  -_-  also plankton is my favorite because he insults people with such intelligence that it stings. like i truly feel he could beat discord in an evil insulting contest.  

Insulting prob.

But being able to get away with a scheme Discord might have prevailed before him lol.

Even as a good guy Discord is still Sly....

I'm not going to push my nephew but if I'm watching him and he wants to watch MLP I won't stop him lol.

Spongebob is awesome, but I think old SB was the best! The show was an important part of my childhood.

I'm not going to push my nephew but if I'm watching him and he wants to watch MLP I won't stop him lol.

One of my friends got into MLP because of Fluttershy as well, however he didn't like the show. Hope your nephew likes it, MLP is good for anyone's soul.

• Brohoof 1

I'll probably never come out. It will be a secret until the end of time. It may seem kind of funny or kind of sad, but since I am convinced I am asexual and the girls at my school already call me gay, I would ruin my own life. Why can't I be awesome like the brony at my school? Every day he wears a hoodie with Octavia and Vinyl on it. When somebody gives him looks, he just shrugs and whistles. I used to think people were insane for not caring what others thought of them. I constantly wonder what people think of me because I am that insecure. I used to give advice to "just tell them" but my advice can't be taken seriously when I haven't done it myself. I don't want to start a fight or anything, but I think being a guy and liking mlp recieves more hate than a girl liking it. My friend would be awkwardly distanced from me if I told him I was a brony. He watched it before but claimed he never got into it. I don't think I will ever be able to come out, and I don't think it is such a bad thing. Sometimes secrets are necessary. I think admitting your secrets can potentially harm your reputation. For example, if you wanted to be a president or leader of a country one day, nobody would want you as their leader if they knew you watched MLP. I sense that one of my friends (who is a girl) likes MLP. I might come out to her if anything, because she was playing a minecraft clone and I noticed one of the texturepacks she downloaded was titled "My little pony".

• Brohoof 2

First off, this is a badly named topic. But, I get it.

Secondly, I told my family, they didn't care. Teasing was in order though. But, I get used to it. Either way, I told my mom and dad, who didn't care. My brother seen the show and he laughs at some of the jokes, (Twilight insane joke of season two. And others). But, he doesn't care in the slightest!

Well, actually... I had this experience coming out as a brony and also coming out as bisexual to one of my friends.

I came out as a brony to my entire English class. I did this because we had a paper bag project, I thought it would be great to put a pony. My favorite in fact, which this whole community should know is Twilight Sparkle. Their reaction was simply, silence. They seemed to be a little bit shocked that I watch My Little Pony. But nothing negative!

I came out to a friend of mine in a rather funny story. She was talking about a substitute for a class that we both have. I remarked "he's alright".

She was shocked, but I told her "I thought you guys could figure out I'm bisexual..."

Then she replied, practically saying that she respects the LGBT community. That was great!

• Brohoof 1

That's an awful, awful interpretation of my intentions, but oh well.

• Brohoof 1

That's an awful, awful interpretation of my intentions, but oh well.

sorry I was in a bit of a sour mood last night. :) I tend to gain a rather warped perspective when I get like that. I'm still learning that in those instances the best thing to do is take some time and keep my mouth shut for a minute before I reply, but unfortunately what happens is I grab a bigger shovel and keep digging haha. :) I'm sure I misread what you were trying to say, I do that quite often. It's kind of something I struggle with. :)

I'll probably never come out. It will be a secret until the end of time. It may seem kind of funny or kind of sad, but since I am convinced I am asexual and the girls at my school already call me gay, I would ruin my own life. Why can't I be awesome like the brony at my school? Every day he wears a hoodie with Octavia and Vinyl on it. When somebody gives him looks, he just shrugs and whistles. I used to think people were insane for not caring what others thought of them. I constantly wonder what people think of me because I am that insecure. I used to give advice to "just tell them" but my advice can't be taken seriously when I haven't done it myself. I don't want to start a fight or anything, but I think being a guy and liking mlp recieves more hate than a girl liking it. My friend would be awkwardly distanced from me if I told him I was a brony. He watched it before but claimed he never got into it. I don't think I will ever be able to come out, and I don't think it is such a bad thing. Sometimes secrets are necessary. I think admitting your secrets can potentially harm your reputation. For example, if you wanted to be a president or leader of a country one day, nobody would want you as their leader if they knew you watched MLP. I sense that one of my friends (who is a girl) likes MLP. I might come out to her if anything, because she was playing a minecraft clone and I noticed one of the texturepacks she downloaded was titled "My little pony".

Self-confidence and dependence on the approval of others to do what you want is what is impeding you, as I've mentioned before, expressing your admiration for ponies freely (but don't go overboard about it, that's why people hate this fandom), may not be okay in the views of others, but do what you want, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

• Brohoof 1