Kenny

47 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I felt that the writing of this episode was absolutely fantastic. Not only did we get to see more into the personalities of some underappreciated characters, we had an epic backstory reveal (done in sepia, no less) about the founding of Ponyville. I personally love the character of Granny Smith now, and I also appreciate Cheerilee more. By the way, the ENTIRE Apple family is best pony.

• Brohoof 1

Remember in Winter Wrap Up when they said Ponyville was founded by earth ponies? The writers must have been foreshadowing what happened in this episode.

• Brohoof 1

That rainbow food, I can't get over it, I think I also saw a rainbow cupcake...

I thought that this episode is one of the top ones. Goes to show, you don't need a letter to tell a moral. Great backstory to Granny Smith, but I still have a slight issue to how they portray her first as completely crazy, although it was explained as it could be the mthod to make zapapplejam.

Applebloom is now a thesaurus.

That rainbow food, I can't get over it, I think I also saw a rainbow cupcake...

I thought that this episode is one of the top ones. Goes to show, you don't need a letter to tell a moral. Great backstory to Granny Smith, but I still have a slight issue to how they portray her first as completely crazy, although it was explained as it could be the mthod to make zapapplejam.

Applebloom is now a thesaurus.

Watch how they never show Rainbow Dash again... ^_^

You think for two minutes and say "How logical is it to have rainbow apples that grow from electricity..."

You think for five minutes and say "The show's about magical unicorns, pegasi, and talking ponies. It makes sense."

Granny Smith is now epic...

• Brohoof 3

Very nice, solid episode. Granny Smith is awesome. CMC were cute and did their cute thing. I especially enjoyed Scootaloo bopping her head on the lantern when she got an idea. The founding of Ponyville was so cool. Anyone notice how one of her brothers looked like he could have been Braeburn's grandfather/father? Also lol'd at her mom after her dad kissed Celestia's hoof.

Give it a 9/10

• Brohoof 1

how was Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Fluttershy not in this episode?

because they had nothing to do with it.

Well the apples remind me too much of her, and I was only trying to make a funny.

It was cool the apple family turned out to be Ponyville's founding family,or at least one of them. And doesn't YGS look alot like AJ?

Maybe now Diamond Tiara could lose that attitude,because her family is not that special. I wanna slap DT in the face.

• Brohoof 1

Saw the episode, like it.

Nice seeing an episode that elaborates on a minor character, and the normal flow of episodes returning. :D

I actually like that it didn't focus on the mane 6. After all, if the show only focused on them all the time, it'd get boring, right? Also nice seeing the CMC doing something different.

I laughed at them using Granny Smith as a puppet.

(Whoop! I actualy get to talk about a new episode for the first time on this forum!)

Every episode is a great episode, but i dident enjoy this one that much in all honesty. Probaly because, after three weeks of no offical ponies, i really wanted to see PinkiePie or hear Twilights voice. Granny smith is so epic though, she diserved her own episode. Did anyone else picture nothing but the soldier off TF2 when she was talking to thoses jars?

On a side note, i made a really loud gasp noise and shouted "Doctor Whooves!!!" when it zoomed in close to him. It made my brother shout to me from the other room "Are you alright Mark?!" "U-uh yhea.. I-im fine..." :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Nice to see one that focuses on the CMC, and doesn't involve them trying to get cutie marks. Also, since it was more for the CMC than any of the mane 6, that's why there was no letter.

• Brohoof 1

Great episode. In spite of the fact that five of the mane six did not appear whatsoever, this episode was still carried strong by the CMC's and Granny Smith. I also enjoyed seeing Cheerilee again, and meeting Diamond Tiara's father. And thankfully Big Mac did get a line other than eeyup. And Apple Bloom ftw because her episodes this season have been great. The backstory with Granny was amazing though, so maybe she was the star of this one. :)

Also, there was no letter because this episode did not have any friendship morals. It was a family situation, which is still important. Besides, I'm all for the more subtle lessons. Sometimes it's good to have a break from the Celestia letters.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

I started watching this episode with pretty much no expectations. Only to find polychromatic electromagical fruit, and the story of Ponyville's founding. Medieval Canterlot was also great to see, and I found it neat to finally learn a little more about Granny Smith (whom we've seen a few times before). Now, we just need a good Big Macintosh episode.

Is it just me, or has Granny Smith finally gotten that new, artificial hip that Applejack mentioned she wanted to purchase with the money she was hoping to make at the Grand Galloping Gala? She seemed pretty springy to me.

• Brohoof 3

I completely agree that the Zap Apples were an interesting concept and very cool. I was surprised at how creative they were and this is one of my favourite episodes as well. The timber wolves were just plain awesomely drawn. They looked so cool! And it was great to learn that there's more to Granny Smith than meets the eye. I thought she looked pretty when she was young and enjoyed the designs of the ponies back in the past.This makes her five times cooler and a candidate for best pony. I admire her much more now.

As well as how Ponyville came to exist. A really cool origin story.

The episode kind of tumbled my expectations a few times. For instance, when I expected Granny Smith to be fooled by Apple Bloom playing sick. Usually, parents are in TV shows. But I thought it was great when she was all it's all good, you're fine and just walks away. Ehehe, she's smart and can't be fooled.

Also, I figured that a letter to Celestia was unnecessary anyway. The lesson here was obvious - appreciate your elders, because even though they may seem ridiculous and old and fumbly, they've probably done some great things in the past. Or maybe just in general, there's more to people than meets the eye as I said.

Must say Season 2 CMC episodes seem much more interesting than Season 1 ones so far.

• Brohoof 2