Kenny

47 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I completely agree that the Zap Apples were an interesting concept and very cool. I was surprised at how creative they were and this is one of my favourite episodes as well. The timber wolves were just plain awesomely drawn. They looked so cool! And it was great to learn that there's more to Granny Smith than meets the eye. I thought she looked pretty when she was young and enjoyed the designs of the ponies back in the past.This makes her five times cooler and a candidate for best pony. I admire her much more now.

As well as how Ponyville came to exist. A really cool origin story.

The episode kind of tumbled my expectations a few times. For instance, when I expected Granny Smith to be fooled by Apple Bloom playing sick. Usually, parents are in TV shows. But I thought it was great when she was all it's all good, you're fine and just walks away. Ehehe, she's smart and can't be fooled.

Also, I figured that a letter to Celestia was unnecessary anyway. The lesson here was obvious - appreciate your elders, because even though they may seem ridiculous and old and fumbly, they've probably done some great things in the past. Or maybe just in general, there's more to people than meets the eye as I said.

Must say Season 2 CMC episodes seem much more interesting than Season 1 ones so far.

As far as expectations go, I've learned that this second season is just one continuous expectation buster. I didn't expect much out of Lesson Zero after the Discord episodes and then bam it turns out to be one of the best. Same can be said of Sisterhooves Social and May The Best Pet Win and of course this episode. Every episode in season 2 just gets better and better so I can't wait to see what they do with the next two-part episode (if they do one again in the beginning of Season 3 like they did the last two times)

• Brohoof 1

Wow, agriculture is sure complex in Equestia!

My favorite part of the episode?

Hoof kissing is still CANON!

I have no idea why this gets to me, but it does! Was Granny's mom PO'd or what over that!

It was kind of jarring to have Celestia's immortality so graphically depicted. We know she's over a thousand years old, but seeing her look exactly the same in the flashback was a bit disconcerting.

Judging from this episode, It appears that the equestrian pony gene pool is relatively small! :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks like the ponies haven't changed, although the mountains have shifted!

But in all seriousness, this was a wonderful episode, well worth the three week wait. Granny Smith's tale of the establishment of Ponyville was executed quite nicely; I didn't expect one of the mane six to be related to the founding family of the entire town. I couldn't seem to spot Derpy anywhere in this episode, however I'm sure she'll be turning up again somewhere in the near future.

• Brohoof 1

Did anyone else picture nothing but the soldier off TF2 when she was talking to thoses jars?

First she took all the sparkapples, and then sold some of them to get bits. And with apple bits she took all those apples and made them into jelly. And from that point on whenever someone is making a gelatin based food preserve it's called Jelly!

...UNLESS IT'S JAM!

I have no idea what I'm doing...

• Brohoof 2

That was a cool episode, but all this accent! I had to rewatch it with subtitles in my native language, I love Apple family's accent but it was just too much for me to understand. I'm glad that Granny Smith got some attention, I've always liked her, I hoped for some more AJ in this episode though.

• Brohoof 1

*Granny Smith opens Equestria map*

SO MUCH FANON...DESTROYED

I thought the episode was alright, was expecting something more adventure-y though. Not an exceptional episode until Granny Smith talked about her past really, but the jar pep talk made me lol xD

And there needs to be Rainbow Dash x Zap Apples fan art.

Edited by Indigo

*Granny Smith opens Equestria map* SO MUCH FANON...DESTROYED I

I thought the same thing xD

I enjoyed the episode a lot. It helped bring back the show’s take on southern values within AJ's family and the strong ties they have. Diamond Tiara was especially bitchy, but the episode wouldn’t have been as interesting if they didn’t throw in the antagonist. I like the fact that we learned ALOT of background information… founding of Ponyville, Granny’s family history, and the presence & importance of zapapples. I also agree that it was a pleasant change when the CMC's did something otherwise cutie mark crusading lol, and enjoyed learning about the zapapple tradition. Oh, and it was nice to see more of Cheerilee too, definitely 20% cooler than any teacher I’ve ever had. As for the moral, it was probably meant to be about respecting elders and maybe that you shouldn’t judge people like DT does throughout the ep. Although obviously everyone would have loved to see more of the mane six, I think it was a good entertaining side story and a little bit of a break from the usual activities. Overall I think the creators set out to try something a little different with an episode, and got it right :P

Edited by 83awsm

Every time there's an episode that doesn't feature the mane 6 I think I'm not going to enjoy it.

But every time it proves me wrong!

First she took all the sparkapples, and then sold some of them to get bits. And with apple bits she took all those apples and made them into jelly. And from that point on whenever someone is making a gelatin based food preserve it's called Jelly!

...UNLESS IT'S JAM!

I have no idea what I'm doing...

You just made my day good sir.

Edited by Kyreth

I really loved the background music in this episode. Especially during Granny Smith's flashback scene. That musical theme was just fantastic.

Speaking of that scene, it easily one of my favorite scenes in the whole show. I couldn't stop smiling the whole time. It tied in the whole episode and the history of Ponyville so perfectly. Together with the music, it really made the episode great!

Only 3 things stood out to me in this episode:

1. Jokes involving Filthy Rich ("Thank you Mr. Filthy! ...Oh, I'm sorry. Rich.")

2. Epic zapapples are epic.

3. Granny Smith's monologue. Sure, we all knew it was coming, but it wasn't anywhere near as cheesy or unbelievable as I expected, and the fact that Silver Spoon was the first to clap was such a nice touch.

Everything else... meh. I don't know, I just never really cared about what was going on.

Hello there guys!

I'm quite new here, I just introduced myself in the Welcoming Plaza, and now I will hang around here for a couple of posts. I make these weekly reviews of My Little Pony episodes on my Blog, and I thought I could share them with all of you.

EDIT: Oh hey, I figured it out!

Apparently you can't post links unless you step out of the Blank Flanks Group. Here's the review!

http://awthredestim....p-is-magic.html

I applaud this method, keeps the parasprites easy to spot ;D Pony up Bronies and Pegasisters!

Edited by James Corck

Not really my favorite episode. Kinda felt very slow.

Though Big Mac got a line longer than one word!

Didn't he say quite a bit in his first appearance in Applebuck Season? He then became a talking "ye-ep" machine