Kenny

47 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This episode is pretty good. There's nothing really special, but it was charming enough, there were a few good jokes, and Granny's story at the end was interesting.

Score: 7/10

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Honestly this is one of the best episodes I have seen in a while. While it seemed silly at the start, the really interesting part was Granny Smith's past and how it played in with Diamond Tiara's ancestors. The part where Celestia guided the pilgrims to the spot they founded ponyville was extremely surreal to me. Almost brought a tear to my eye, honestly.

Not a bad episode, but I value the second half of it much more than the first one. The first part is of course needed to set up everything for the ending, but it could have been done differently.

What I really loved in this episode was the Granny's past. We got some decent information from the past and that's always great to have :)

I'd say this is a good episode and I like it, but season 2 has also much better episodes to be sure.

• 5 months later...

For me, this one was kind of in the middle between "Okay" and "Good". First half was average, nothing wrong with it, but the part where Granny Smith talks about Equestria's history hands down carried this episode for me. That's good world building!

• 3 months later...

I will add on with some further thoughts.

Once again, the world building is on point. Applebloom's whole embarrassment crisis was never something I was particularly fond of, but I feel like a lot of kids can relate to it, so I won't bag on it too much.

The gags were pretty fun to watch, but my main issue with this episode is just the plot. It was fine, but I didn't really find it super engaging or interesting. That said, I loved Granny Smith's story of how Ponyville was made. It's not only the highlight of the episode for me, but it's one of my favourite moments from the entire show.

This episode is a good time. The last third carries it for sure, but everything else is still alright. :)

Edited by Cash In
Updated thoughts

• 1 year later...

Was always a good RP and I loved this episode even more on a re-watch. It's great to see how Diamond Tiara and Applebloom interact when their families are around. The world building is on point. The backstory of how Ponyville came to be was the best though.

• 1 month later...

This episode is 10/10 cringe, but in the best way possible. Granny Smith antics to bring out the Zap Apple are INSANE, but hey, if it looks stupid but works, it ain't stupid. And Granny Smith is a treasure and should be protected at all cost (and as a filly, she's too cute for her own good). The Zap Apples look AMAZING, I'd down a whole jar of that jam in half an hour. Don't know what it'll do to my heart, it prob would just explode, but worth it. 

Diamond Tiara is such a little brat, I'm glad Flithy (sorry, Rich), made her do the stupid rabbit jumps over the bucket, that'll teach her a lesson.

8.5+0.5/10, any episode with the Apple family deserves some bonus points. THE ZAP APPLES ARE COMING !