Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Energy drinks may be harmful to your health.

Rudehamster

The only caffeine-laden drink I consume is coffee, and the tea I drink usually isn't decaffeinated, but there's still much less in there than there is in coffee. I gave up sodas about three years ago, and with it I lost my caffeine addiction. Until I got rid of the addiction, I thought the only reason I was drinking the sodas was for their taste. Didn't realize that I had a habit.

If I drink enough coffee over the course of several days and then go without for a day, I'll get a mild headache, but nothing I can't live with and be rid of within one more day.

I have ADD, and caffeine also tends to calm me down, or at least doesn't hype me up. All I know for sure is I can down a bunch of Mt. Dews at 10 pm and sleep just as well as if I hadn't, provided I take a nice long piss before bed.

Anyway, I rarely drink energy drinks because most of them taste awful (only one I like is Full Throttle Blue Demon), and they're too expensive. Plus, they're murder on an empty stomach :(

I used to have the biggest tolerance and addiction to caffeine. Mine was so bad that I would have to drink like 10 redbulls to feel any effect at all, which logically should have killed me. I manged to down 13 one time and my heart just began to flutter nonstop. It was then that I figured I wouldn't touch one of these ever again.

I haven't since.

You ever heard of Guarana Rain? It has 1500 mg of caffeine in each can, redbull has about 80. I've had more than a few in my lifetime. 10 redbulls ain't gonna kill you :)

Edited by Evilshy

You ever heard of Guarana Rain? It has 1500 mg of caffeine in each can, redbull has about 80. I've had more than a few in my lifetime. 10 redbulls ain't gonna kill you :)

Aww really? That sucks, I thought I was drinking waaay more than I should have otherwise. I mean, I read cases where people drank like 8 of these and died. Oh well, I guess they must have had a heart condition or something.

I should get back to my caffeine addiction then, lol.

I hate the taste of Monster, I think it's absolutely horrible, and since it's the first energy drink I ever drunk I baisly set it as a standard that all energy drinks must be bad. Thus I don't drink energy drinks. As for soda, I hate most soda, although I love Coca-Cola (Pepsi is on a "meh" level) and I'm fine with drinking sprite, but anything else (like root beer or cream soda) and I hate it. I usually just drink water, maybe a cup of coffee. If I get my hands on soda I can drink a ton with no problem, I could easily drink a 2 liter, it's no problem. I find that soda is something I drink when I'm intensely playing Battlefield for hours.

Well I'm to lazy to read over and stuff cause I'm busy, so any typos and things that make no sence (mostly because of spell check fails) I'm sorry for.

I hate the taste of Monster, I think it's absolutely horrible, and since it's the first energy drink I ever drunk I baisly set it as a standard that all energy drinks must be bad. Thus I don't drink energy drinks. As for soda, I hate most soda, although I love Coca-Cola (Pepsi is on a "meh" level) and I'm fine with drinking sprite, but anything else (like root beer or cream soda) and I hate it. I usually just drink water, maybe a cup of coffee. If I get my hands on soda I can drink a ton with no problem, I could easily drink a 2 liter, it's no problem. I find that soda is something I drink when I'm intensely playing Battlefield for hours.

Well I'm to lazy to read over and stuff cause I'm busy, so any typos and things that make no sence (mostly because of spell check fails) I'm sorry for.

I always found this very neat. Pepsi and Coke taste nearly the same for me, but Pepsi is slightly less tangy and a little more sweet, while Coke is a little less sweet yet more tangy. Thus, what seems like a minor difference ends up making these drinks totally different to people :P.

I have ADD, and caffeine also tends to calm me down, or at least doesn't hype me up. All I know for sure is I can down a bunch of Mt. Dews at 10 pm and sleep just as well as if I hadn't, provided I take a nice long piss before bed.

Anyway, I rarely drink energy drinks because most of them taste awful (only one I like is Full Throttle Blue Demon), and they're too expensive. Plus, they're murder on an empty stomach :(

Now that is officially horrifying. Did... Did you see the very face of creation whist under the effects of that much caffeine?

I always found this very neat. Pepsi and Coke taste nearly the same for me, but Pepsi is slightly less tangy and a little more sweet, while Coke is a little less sweet yet more tangy. Thus, what seems like a minor difference ends up making these drinks totally different to people :P.

I found Coke to have a bolder taste, while Pepsi is lighter. But that's just me. I can usually tell the difference even tho so many people say you can't, but for me it seems blantant and obvious.
  • Brohoof 1

I like energy drinks and my personal favorite is Red Devil. Caffeine doesn't seem to have a lot of effects on me, it only makes me a little less tired so I sometimes buy a can and drink it in school to keep me awake during classes. Otherwise I drink a few cans every week. I also remember when I had my first energy drink. It was a can of Mad Croc I bought because my cousin bought one too. Didn't even know there was caffeine in it back then.

I never really got into energy drinks and I am proud to say that I completely stopped my soda consumption. I do get a bit of caffeine in my system through my somewhat excessive tea drinking habbit, but I mainly drink reinfused oolong which has fairly low caffeine content.

I don't consider myself addicted to caffeine as I can choose to drink herbal teas or even water instead and still properly function. I just really like my tea.

I've actually never had an energy drink...and I never really plan on drinking any either...heck, Ive never really drink soda either.

Anyways, all I really hear is how bad they are for you, so ill pass.

I've actually never had an energy drink...and I never really plan on drinking any either...heck, Ive never really drink soda either.

Anyways, all I really hear is how bad they are for you, so ill pass.

Some girls I'm friends with always make fun of me for drinking Monster by saying "Well, there goes your kidney" or something like that, but I never listen to them.

I love energy drinks but occasionally they make me shaky/nauseous in addition to super alert and awake. I've taken to drinking a few cups of coffee each day at college which is probably not nearly as bad, but I do enjoy energy drinks. NOS is the best, but it's ridiculous in terms of caffeine content.

I just drank 10 redbulls today for the first time in months. I didn't have the tolerance that I used to have, and there's a high chance that I have heart issues.

Why did I do this dumb thing?

I just drank 10 redbulls today for the first time in months. I didn't have the tolerance that I used to have, and there's a high chance that I have heart issues.

Why did I do this dumb thing?

Indeed a good question. Reply within the next few hours to confirm you're alive :)

I honestly wouldnt call myself an addict, though i do love Red Bull quite a lot. Its not so much about coffeine as it is about its taste. I cant even think of drinking cofee or any other energy drink, they all taste awful.

IMO, its all about controlling how much you drink before you become so addicted. I ussualy drink 2-3 cans a month. Besides, if you wait longer, its gonna taste better. I can confirm that.

I used to have a caffeine addiction. I originally started drinking energy drinks at my old job to help me survive without zoning out. They would give me the busiest hours, which I didn't mind, but I also had to fight tooth and nail not to have them mess with my hours, my breaks, my shift relief, etc.

This is the same store where two customers who were in wheelchairs and had some problems with movement/speech were sent to me for help by someone who didn't want to have to deal with them, and I was nagged the whole time about how my duties weren't getting done elsewhere. The jerk who dumped them on me like there was something so horrible about being patient with them didn't even try to bail me out of that verbal lashing from the manager, find someone to cover, help out himself, etc.

The energy drinks kept me on my feet, but between that and the job stress I was kind of messed up for awhile. I wound up feeling terrible even when I normally wouldn't be tired/stressed. Don't do retail, kids.

Or crazy amounts of caffeine.

Edited by Cakesplat

I am not addicted to caffeine. When I REALLY need to get something done and I just can't do it on my own, I will first ask for help, but if I can't get help, then I will drink a Red Bull or boil down some coffee to get some caffeine, but I don't do it often because it IS bad for you and will stop you from growing properly. Whenever I use caffeine, the next day my stomach hurts really bad, so I don't do it often. Mainly though, it is a matter of pride. Even with the physical effects I would use energy drinks all the time, but I don't need them, because I am good enough to do anything on my own.

(Also I am poor as fuck and energy drinks are expensive.)

I'm a baker so i live off the stuff, Red Bull, Monster, Mother, Rockstar, Generic Energy drinks you name it i'll drink it. i'm more hyporactive than pinkie on speed except for when i have a long shift at the bakery and then i'm all Posted Image

But yes i do drink alot of energy drinks. so much in fact that i cannot even put a number on them.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

ed2.jpg

So i listen to some news reporters talking about how bad energy drinks are for you, heightening your blood pressure, loss of circulation; things like that. I don't drink them, i only tried a little bit out of a soda fountain at a restaurant and i just "Bleh". So, while i hate them, what do you guys think of them in general?

• Brohoof 3

I tried one. and I felt sick for weeks... never touched a energy drink after that.

Edited by KrazyDashie
  • Brohoof 1