Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Any shows that you started watching BECAUSE of MLP?

Rarietty

Pretty self explanatory. Are there any shows that you've been introduced to by or through the brony fandom, whether by recommendation or seeing awesome crossovers?

I myself have been introduced to Adventure Time, mostly due to the two cartoons sometimes being compared and/or having bronies in both fandoms. Seriously, with it's humor, randomness, animation, plotting, characters, established world and dark fantasy elements (that I doubt MLP could get away with), I was instantly addicted. I'm only halfway through season 1, but I'm completely hooked. Geez, now to only figure out which is better I mean, I like them both equally. :blink:

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 2

Adventure Time and Gravity Falls.

Both fantastic, I think. Although Tumblr had something to do with it, the entire reason I originally got a Tumblr was to follow Ask Pinkamena.

• Brohoof 4

Yes, I found Soul Eater because of this forum. I was quite curious on who that guy (but I must confess that I thought he was a girl at first :P) on Crona's avatar was. After some searching I found out that it was from Soul Eater. And I who always am on the lookout for new series gave it a try and fell in love with it!

Doctor Who.

Yes indeedy, Doctor Who. I first saw the animated clip of Doctor Whooves (the pony of course) talking to Martha with the sound clip in The Family of Blood episode. I acquired DW episodes and nearly marathon'd them all and the rest is history.

• Brohoof 2

Nothing really. I know a lot of you guys like anime and Doctor Who and whatnot, but I've never really been into any of that, I mean I tried to watch some anime and Doctor Who but I really couldn't get into any of it- I'm more of a gamer than a TV watcher really. But, I suppose part of the reason I kept watching MLP is because it reminded me of other western animation shows I like such as Adventure Time and Avatar for some reason, so I guess it's sort of the other way around for me. :P

MLP:FIM hasn't really provoked me into getting into other shows (I don't watch many other cartoon shows nowadays), but the episode "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000" did actually made me want to rent and watch the 1962 film adaptation of "The Music Man".

Well, I didn't exactly watched a series, but the "Watchponies" PMV/trailer actually encouraged me to watch the movie Watchmen when by chance it was on TV. I said "Oh look, Watchmen...by Celestia that video was creepily right XD...though I am curious...let's give it shot!". And with that, I watched what I believe was one of the strangest movies I have ever seen in my life. Period. And I don't think that will EVER change throughout my future life. At least I don't think so :lol: .

• 8 years later...

Honestly? Monster High and Ever After High. Everyone complained about how EQG was only made to chase after those franchises success, but after watching and enjoying EQG, I was like "they can't be that bad" and decided to watch them. MH was alright and I enjoyed it, but I actually enjoyed EAH quite a lot

I started watching Unikitty! from Cartoon Network because Unikitty sounded like Twilight Sparkle.

As for MLP Forum-related shows, I started watching DuckTales 2017 because my BFFFF @Dark Qiviut recommended it to me. :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Strawberry Shortcake, LPS, Maryoku, Twisted Whiskers - some of the other shows that aired on the Hub at the time. Basically, whatever else had MLP's voice artists. There's lots of them, but I'd prefer that some remain a mystery. 

Edited by Sasoriman
  • Brohoof 1

I kept hearing about the Pretty Cure fan base in Japan being compared to bronies in the West, I.E. a show aimed at younger girls becoming popular with grown men. So I checked it out, watched the first season of the first series and thought it was a cute, fun little show. 
Plan on rewatching it and continuing further on with the franchise in the future :)

That happened to me with Hazbin Hotel (and consequently Helluva Boss). Somehow I had managed to completely miss it despite all the hype even before its release, it was only when I saw a lot of people here on the forums praising it that I heard of it and then felt I had to check it out. And if I hadn't watched MLP, I obviously wouldn't have been here to read any of it.

• Brohoof 1