Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

It's possible, but I believe they may just replace him with another villain to avoid repetition. Though I do think he will rise again at some point (either in a flashback revealing the history of their world or possibly by other villain characters). Possibly ponies and other creatures that followed his "disharmonious" ways.

Edited by Akaraah
  • Brohoof 1

Well, the CMC's kind of were responsible for it, last time...

so why wouldn't it be possible for him to break out of the state of stone again

if the same scenario happens with somepony else ? :P

hmmm, maybe, but what caused him to actually escape anyway? the small fight between the CMC's seemed to be the thing that happened before he awoke, BUT I don't think that would have done it...

either way under the same circumstances, he possibly would be able to brake free.

Edited by Flare-oop

Would love to see an epic movie where Discord returns, kidnaps Luna, returns her to Nightmare Moon form, they round up all the enemy beasts (manticore, hydra, wendigos, timberwolves, cockatrice) to take over Canterlot. Add in some Equestria brainwashing in there to turn all the background ponies against the Mane 6. Awww yeahhhhh

• Brohoof 4

As much as I'd like to say yes, I doubt Discord will return anytime soon. He was trapped for who knows how long after his confrontation with the princesses and even then he probably wasn't hit by the full force of the elements. Considering the power of what he was hit by this time, I'm guessing he'll remain a lawn ornament indefinitly unless some "outside force" suddenly decides to set him free.

He only broke out of the garden statue the first time,because he was revived and powered up by a group of school-age ponies who were discordly fighting in front of him.

I'm sure that Celestia hid the re-statued Discord in a deep private basement somewhere.

Why on earth did they keep the biggest threat to eqestria in the princeses garden anyway? Couldent they like, move him to a shed or something?

Anyway, if he was to return, it would be in a long time from now... Something like season 5 maybe, if the show gets to that. He was hugely popular after all, but his return would seem pretty repetitive if it was so soon.

• Brohoof 1

I doubt it, he's one of those one time characters. But then again, luna came back.

Luna was turned to the good side and was an important character. Discord was not.

If he did, he would do some things differently.

1. Steal the elements, to ensue he will not be defeated again.

2. Put a permanent influence on one of the mane 6

3. You decide!

Why on earth did they keep the biggest threat to eqestria in the princeses garden anyway? Couldent they like, move him to a shed or something?

Anyway, if he was to return, it would be in a long time from now... Something like season 5 maybe, if the show gets to that. He was hugely popular after all, but his return would seem pretty repetitive if it was so soon.

I'm thinking they put him there so he would indefinitely blend in. Ever heard of the best way to remain hidden is to be right out in the open? It'd be like someone being a highly sophisticated computer-hacker dressed up in the least dubious way: like a common thug. How is anyone to actually tell who he is based on the already existing misconceptions you could draw from his chosen appearance? No one would likely suspect a computer hacker to dress like a thug, in very much the same way I'd never suspect a statue of "The thinker" to come to life and choke me if I decided to spit on it. If I remember correctly (as this episode played sometime during the day on tv), Discord was among a collection of other statues/monuments. He hadn't shown his goat-like face in literal eons so they were completely caught off-guard when he suddenly resurfaced. :mellow: Edited by Akaraah
  • Brohoof 3

One thing that a lot of people in this thread are missing (or misremembering, at least) is that the CMC's little scuffle wasn't the main cause of Discord's return. Celestia states that because the Elements of Harmony are attuned to the Mane Six instead of herself and Luna, their power can no longer hold Discord prisoner - in essence, as the Elements have passed on to new owners any old spells that had been cast by their power no longer work.

The CMC's disharmony was most likely the straw that broke the camel's back, applying just enough disharmonious pressure to crack his cage.

• Brohoof 2

I, for one, think Discord's plan is still in motion. Though he himself is stuck in stone, there could be somepony on the outside preparing to release him so he can carry his plan beyond the borders of Ponyville. Too, beside the surprise at the elemental jewels shooting things, under these circumstances he could have been putting them on a bit. Being sealed for a time is a small price to pay for spreading chaos, so he went through the motions and convinced the mane 6 he was ultimately defeated. This is supposed to be the mastermind villain anyway, so it seems like a natural setup for him. As for when he'll be released, I think we're quite a ways off from that.

I'd like to see him return; I thought he was tons of fun. Maybe he could go after the Crusaders next time, in season three, or something. I'm not sure how he'd make his comeback, but I'd like to see more of him in a third season. ;)