Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I don't see Discord coming back. Not really a reason for him to come back, with the exception of "we like him." Maybe in the future, there will be a more valid reason or event that will lead to him coming back, but as of now, no.

HAVE NO WORRIES WE AND TIA SHALL TAKE BETTER WATCH THIS TIME!!!

Discord shall return with his chaotic powers.

After all it'll make an interesting episode.

Discord shall return with his chaotic powers.

After all it'll make an interesting episode.

NEEE IT IS US THAT NEEDS MORE AIR TIME!!

GET BACK!! GET BACK YOU BEAST!!!

NEEE IT IS US THAT NEEDS MORE AIR TIME!!

GET BACK!! GET BACK YOU BEAST!!!

But hypothetically; if Discord returns Luna may return as well to help stop Discord.

So therefore the return of Discord would be a win-win situation.

I doubt it'll happen soon, if at all, given the sheer notion that bringing him back seems entirely arbitrary and will wind up looking like a total storytelling faux pas. To have him just come back unscathed after that arc would devalue the Elements of Harmony entirely and just seem like fanservice; perhaps his reintroduction could work à la Luna's and his character could be developed as a sort of benevolent and whimsical joker not unlike the Norse god Loki? Just a thought, although probably not a good one. I only suggest as much because the fan in me totally wants him to have some sort of resurgence. His voice was just... omg, beautifully done.

But hypothetically; if Discord returns Luna may return as well to help stop Discord.

So therefore the return of Discord would be a win-win situation.

hmm... so we have come to an agreament then?

• 1 month later...

Well, that's all in perspective I guess. For those who liked the Mane Six to a greater extent, they find Discord's cruelty to be ungodly, and don't like him because of that. For those who liked his shenanigans when he was in Ponyville, they adore him. I guess I would more fit into the first group... but I wouldn't mind if he did come back, I mean, it is another opportunity for the Mane Six to learn something new!

It's possible, but I believe they may just replace him with another villain to avoid repetition. Though I do think he will rise again at some point (either in a flashback revealing the history of their world or possibly by other villain characters). Possibly ponies and other creatures that followed his "disharmonious" ways.

A Cult of Discord...that's an amazing and terrifying idea. My Little Pony goes Lovecraftian? That'd be a heck of a twist, wouldn't it?

Well, that's all in perspective I guess. For those who liked the Mane Six to a greater extent, they find Discord's cruelty to be ungodly, and don't like him because of that. For those who liked his shenanigans when he was in Ponyville, they adore him. I guess I would more fit into the first group... but I wouldn't mind if he did come back, I mean, it is another opportunity for the Mane Six to learn something new!

I liked him *because* I hated him. He was a charismatic force, but also out-and-out malevolent, which you don't see in a lot of "kids shows" these days. For a villain to be any good, they have to represent a real threat to the heroes, and by god did Discord fit the bill. He was funny, but at the same time he was genuinely evil (his most effective scene was his discording of Pinkie Pie, and she's my *favorite character*).

For those who don't like a villain for being cruel... well, that's kind of the point of being a villain, isn't it?

I personally think he's too good a character to only be used once.

• Brohoof 1

Discord breaks every conceivable rule that exists. So in reality, how can Discord be locked away by the Elements of Harmony? He will rise again. But we won't see that in a TV episode.

He has to return, we need more Q...I mean Discord! He was such a good badguy, fits the universe perfectly! I would not say he was evil in that sense, just...alternative :lol:

But he messed with Fluttershy, and no matter how hilarious, that is not a deed that goes unpunished :angry:

• 3 weeks later...