Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old is Granny Smith, if she was there at Ponyville's founding?

Champion RD92

I think she would be about 600 because in the episode were applejack was incharge of the family reunion granny smith told her they take a picture in frount of the barn every reunion I would assume the barn was put up when they firstt settled in pony ville granny smith saied they have had 6 reunions & it was also saied in the episode they do it every 100 years so i cant fore sure say an age because they never saied if the first reunion was the same year they founded pony ville i can say she has to atleast be a little older than 600 since she wasnt a baby when they got to pony ville & she looked around the same age as the main charicters in the flashback

• 1 month later...

We don't know the life span of a cartoon pony and I haven't seen one die (except sombra but he seemed only half alive-kinda like voldemort) so they're not necessarily immortal but it could also be that they measure time differently similar to the fact that there are around 7 dog years in every human year. But since it was winter, and that seemed seasonal, their years could just be shorter than ours. Remember that these are cartoons living in a world where ponies are the dominant race. 

two optoions

1. they broke the canon
  2. ponies in fim don't age like human or real ponies and they all live for a really long time.

I could chill with ponies living for hundreds of years.

I mean it's not like it changes much.

but my will the fanfics suffer.

There are some continuity problems considering the apple family (like Granny Smith and the Apple Family Reunion).

I've given up working it out; it hurts my head :(

Yes me too, either there's an error somewhere or they're all immortals.
  • Brohoof 1

Ive beeen doing my reserch on this very subject trying to build a time line on it, based on episode 2-12 Family Apretiation Day, Granny smith helped found Ponyville , and Diamond Tiara gandfather was one of her first customers. Given the the Diamon Tiara's fathers appernt age in that episode, Im guessing granny smith age is around 90 +/- 10 years

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Ive beeen doing my reserch on this very subject trying to build a time line on it, based on episode 2-12 Family Apretiation Day, Granny smith helped found Ponyville , and Diamond Tiara gandfather was one of her first customers. Given the the Diamon Tiara's fathers appernt age in that episode, Im guessing granny smith age is around 90 +/- 10 years

Changes in clothing styles shown in the various Granny Smith flashbacks we've seen also point to somewhere around 80-100 years. This is a bit wobbly as a scale of measurement though, given that pony tech and styles jump around alot. :)