Would you rather be hated or ignored?

Clarity

Rather be hated or ignored?  

133 users have voted

1. 1. Choose your answer

• Hated
    • Ignored

What the topic question said.

I've personally experienced both. Ignorance, when nobody acknowledges that you're there, pretend you don't even exist. Hatred, when people do see you, and just don't like you, always saying something bad about you.

I would rather be ignored, as I can still do what I want to do on my computer, and be all alone wouldn't be too bad as long as I can still read and play video games, lol :P

If, in some sort of situation where you get cursed to be either ignored or hated, which would you choose?

• Brohoof 5

Ignored. I would rather have people just ignore me then hate me, then again if they did hate me it would be twice as bad. O: I guess it's a matter of opinion.

Edited by Léon

Hated is always better than ignored. When someone hates you, no matter how fierce, at least they still acknowledge your presence, but if someone ignores you completely, you're as good as dead to him.

In hate we can still reconcile, work around the differences, settle things down. In ignorance, there is no way out but to hope the ignoring party will soon forget about our mistakes.

At least that's what I thought

• Brohoof 7

^x2 Yees, my sentiments exactly. I'm able to deal with hate, but I'd at least like a response when I say something, even if it's a cuss or something thrown.

Edited by WordplA

@@AntiDentite,

Believe me, there are plenty of people who hate Applejack with a passion. Me being a huge AJ fan, I look everywhere for sources of her, including bad ones. And she's ignored by more than probably half of the fandom, at least from what I've seen. I can't imagine what she would have felt if she knew. Poor cartoon pony. :(

...depressing post is depressing.

I'd rather be ignored. I'm fine off on my own. It hurts more to be hated. I doubt I could fix what was wrong. If I'm ignored, then I can be myself and no one would judge me because no one would pay attention to me. But, either way, I'd still be excluded from things. But if I'm just ignored, all I have to do is bring attention to myself and then I'd be acknowledged. Seems much better than hatred.

Edited by Berry Pie
  • Brohoof 1

Intriguing question. I was actually thinking about it earlier after nothing happened when i finished writing my first fanfic.

Even though being ignored feels terrible, I can't imagine how much worse being hated would feel. It's one thing to not have anypony notice you, and quite another to have them notice you, recognize you, and still think you are a bad person.

I'd rather be ignored. I already pretty much am ignored. Sometimes I feel like I'm invisible. In fact, sometimes I wonder if I truly am invisible. A few weeks ago, my dad was downstairs (and so was I). He didn't know that, so he whistled for me to come down. When he was about to whistle, he turned his head, LOOKED RIGHT AT ME, and then proceeded to beckon me. It took him at least ten seconds to notice that I was standing RIGHT NEXT TO HIM.

Also, I seem to be able to just "show up" when I'm in a group setting. I can just walk up, no one will notice, and then about 30 seconds later, someone will just be like: "Oh, look it's Cameron. How long have you been there?" For the love of God, dude, how can you NOT notice me?

Seriously, does this look like someone who can "blend in"?

Posted Image

There is nothing "stealthy" about this person!

Edited by HylianMadness
  • Brohoof 2

Ignored obviously. I pretty much am anyways since it usually takes people a few minutes to realize I'm even present which is really frustrating honestly. I mean I'm a generally real quiet guy, but still! Still better than being hated

Edited by Prince Solaris
  • Brohoof 1

hard to say i mean if i was hated then i would know people have heard of me for some reason, now depends on what they hate me for.. if its for nothing well ok life goes on... if it's for something i believe in i know i'm doing something Right. but being ignored ive always been between both in my life i guess? never was popular... never did anything any one noticed to hate me for... but hey what can i say im an individual and well i can only do what i do. but i would prefer to be hated that way people would acknowledge the fact that i was alive.

Hated. As a follower of chaos and the example set by my lord and master Discord, you're not doing things right unless people hate you and the chaos you're spreading.

Ignored, because it's the neutral zone, where as praise is the positive and hated is the negative. Better to have no allies but also no enemies, than to have no allies but enemies.

• Brohoof 3

Ignored. I remember that I wished for that the time when the bulliying was at it's worst. I tried to get by the bullies unnoticed, but of course they noticed me. Yes it is very hard to be ignored (I have been through that too), but I think that if you have been hated by people, you rather would like to be ignored...

Hated would have to be my choice... There is always someone out there that is not going to like you for whatever reason it maybe. But being ignored I could not cope with that so well. Being ignored by others can be very hard to cope with and can cause one into depression easily.

Either way though If one is ignored usually it is because the one ignoring you already hates you... I guess I would rather enjoy solitude than having someone in my face saying hurtful, negative things...

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne

Ignored, being hated...... really.... sucks..... This is assuming hated by everypony in the entire world right?

At least I can still play single-player games when I'm ignored.

I will go for ignored. Because I don't mind if people ignore me actually. I kinda like to live in my own little world where nopony is around

Without trying to sound to emoish, I think I'd rather be hated. It's not that I love the feeling but than at least people would acknowledge me, even if it's on a negative way. Is that odd?

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm. I would love to be hate by people for standing up for something I believe but then I would most likely be banned from a lot of places. So, I have no choice but to be ignored and have my voice silenced.

So, I have no choice but to be ignored and have my voice silenced

I'd rather be hated for who I am than keep quiet just to fit in. ;)

Definitely hated. I think you guys underestimate how much fun it is when someone doesn't like you. You don't have to be polite, you don't have to "do the right thing", nothing. You just get to be you. And being hated does not mean you can't have a common goal.

In 7th grade I moved to a new school and this other guy and I immediately didn't like each other. Never argued or anything but we just knew we didn't see eye to eye. But we had a history class together with a teacher who loved to give homework and we realized if we had arguments and discussions in class, he'd give less homework. We hated each other but we hated homework more. Never spoke to him outside of history arguments.

Edited by Shadow Chaser
  • Brohoof 1