Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you rather be hated or ignored?

Clarity

Rather be hated or ignored?  

133 users have voted

1. 1. Choose your answer

• Hated
    • Ignored

I'm actually surprised that it's 14 to 7, ignored.

I would personally prefer to be hated, because I am a troll, and would just... troll people that hate me. I would make fun of myself, confusing those that hate on me.

Being ignored is no fun. El oh el.

Yeah being hated is better than being ignored. I know that it sucks to be hated, I recently told some old internet group that I used to be with my honest opinions of what they do and am now dealing with emails about me being a "heartless psycho" and all sorts of death threats. As bad as these comments are, if I'm being ignored there's no way I can prove myself otherwise.

Depends on the extent that I would be ignored and the extent I would be hated. If the choices were to be ignored like I was a ghost even if I shouted at the top of my lungs or to be hated no matter what I did, I would rather be hated.

But they're essentially the same thing the way I see it. If you're hated for everything people aren't going to care for what you say and it'll be just as if they're ignoring you. If they're ignoring you then I imagine they don't care for what you say because they don't like you.

I would probably move to the wilderness and live on my own if this was the case either way lol

i am both hated and ignored people see me but im sort off a loner i don't talk a lot and people think im crazy 4 some reason cause i like to read cause they always see me with a book in my hand and people hate me cause when people try to mess with me i don't fight them i just tell them the truth of what i think about them and they leave me alone cause they can't handle the truth so they back off

• Brohoof 2

Being hated is an in-your-face, sharp kind of pain. It's one that not only brings you down, but makes you feel utterly horrible and alone in the world.

Then again, being ignored can make you feel the same way. However, I think the difference is that being ignored doesn't bring people talking behind your back, and isn't as 'in your face' as hatred towards an individual is.

if it's online, I'd rather be hated, but in real life I'd rather be ignored. on the internet, if someone hates you, all you have to do is block the person, or if worse comes to worse, find another similar website. it's not as easy to do that in real life. although, if the online hatred is similar to people hating Justin Beiber or Twilight, I'd rather be ignored

I'm one of those people who get ignored by everyone, and in my padded life, that makes it the worst of my problems. if I've ever been hated by someone, then I'm completely unaware of it, and that's how I like it.

hard question, experienced both...

and though it´s hard to say so, I´d rather be hated than ignored, I really can´t explain why, but at least hate is a feeling (and it can change, as proven). While, if you are ignored by everyone that can´t change, how should it, if they never even recognize you as a "person"...

however, hard to explain, but I´m quite sure about that.

I have no idea... In my old high school I was hated unreasonably and it was pretty damn annoying. Being ignored also seriously pisses me off though, I wouldn't take it, I'd do some awful things if I was constantly ignored -- at least in the sense that someone wouldn't answer me when I talk to them. If I was just ignored as in no one ever talked to me and didn't know me, I wouldn't mind as much, but it would still bother me. They're both forms of rejection so they're pretty bad, but hatred is definitely more mentally aggravating. So I'd choose being ignored.

Edited by cleva

I'd probably rather be hated, I've never really been hated but I've been ignored for a whole lot of my life atleast being hated would be a change of pace and if people couldn't ignore me I might be able to utilize that hatred to actually cause something useful to happen. Its hard to that when you're ignored.

I would most rather be ignored. Being hated implies that people will be arrogant asshats to me and just start calling me random names.

At least with ignored, I'd be at peace with myself. Quiet, and filled with serenity.....

That is, until I go insane with loneliness. :P

I would rather be ignored. I wouldn't have to worry about any conflict, I would just continue happily living my life. If I was hated, I wouldn't be able to love and tolerate and punch them in the mouth.

They're virtually the same thing from another's point of view, except that hatred is open. I always like to know where I stand with people, and it sickens me when people dislike me, but pretend there's nothing wrong.

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy

If you're hated then everypony just wouldn't love you anymore. Though being ignored is like being alone in the whole world. As if you were the only person on the whole planet, but with people walking around.