Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Basic fanfic concept, help requested.

Starstream

I've been considering a concept for a fanfic, but at the moment I'm feeling it's very basic (and to be honest, as it is right now, I find it to be a bit uninteresting). I would like to hear some suggestions on how I could possibly make it more interesting.

The premise of the story is as follows:

A strange phenomenon has overtaken Ponyville and its number of residents is effectively doubled because of it.

Every pony wakes up to find a complete stranger in their room. Applejack decides to head out and ask Ponyville's resident scientist and librarian for an explanation on what's going on. It doesn't take long for Twilight to figure out that somehow every pony's personality has taken a shape and life of their own. For most residents this doesn't create much of a problem because the ponified personalities for the most part, act exactly like the ponies that they originate from, but for the mane-six and their personalities, it creates a bit of an issue, because rather than acting like their originals, they act like the elements of harmony they are supposed to represent to a perfect extreme, it eventually escalates to a point where the mane-six, or rather their pesonalities, are getting themselves into a lot of trouble.

Edited by Zhinzo

the duplicate idea is smart but i would link it to there deepest subconsciousness rather then there personality making the clone ponys a product of hidden desires, opinions and hatreds.

this is because well you can make the elements of harmony well.... extreme