Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were you a hater/Anti-Brony?

I_wesley125

Were You a Hater?  

162 users have voted

1. 1. Did you used to be a hater?

• Yes, I used to be a hater.
    • No, I wasn't a hater.

Umm yeah I could do with chocolate milk :P and trust me your not the only one at all many of my brony friends used to be haters...

I know there are many ex-haters but all posts on this topic so far (excluding me) were from non-haters....

@, just a heads-up that I've merged your thread on former haters with one that already exists. This keeps all the responses in one thread.

For future reference, please use the search feature to check for existing threads - cheers :)

• Brohoof 1

@, just a heads-up that I've merged your thread on former haters with one that already exists. This keeps all the responses in one thread.

For future reference, please use the search feature to check for existing threads - cheers :)

No problem. Well this is a large post thread

Oh yep, I was the king of anti-brony hate.  If you are familiar with me, you know I bring this up in almost all of my posts.  However, I'll go through it again for convenience.

When I found out about bronies a year or two ago, I thought they were weird, but ignored them like everybody else.  Fast forward to August 2013: something made me take more notice of MLP (Equestria Girls maybe?) and I became full of hatred towards the bronies.  I feared that bronies were going to sweep into popularity in my high school, since I knew that Despicable Me (which I still hate) had done it before.  My friends and most of the school were and still are anti-bronies, which reinforced my thinking.  Out of arrogance, I watched the first episode at the end of November.  Over the next two and a half months, I struggled between bronyism and anti-bronyism, watching more episodes to try to confirm something.  Finally, a month ago (mid-February), I gave up and became a brony.  However, to protect myself, I keep it hidden and still act like an anti-brony in public.  As it turns out, I think that I may actually have one or two closet brony friends, but I have not confirmed that suspicion yet.

Oh yep, I was the king of anti-brony hate.  If you are familiar with me, you know I bring this up in almost all of my posts.  However, I'll go through it again for convenience.

When I found out about bronies a year or two ago, I thought they were weird, but ignored them like everybody else.  Fast forward to August 2013: something made me take more notice of MLP (Equestria Girls maybe?) and I became full of hatred towards the bronies.  I feared that bronies were going to sweep into popularity in my high school, since I knew that Despicable Me (which I still hate) had done it before.  My friends and most of the school were and still are anti-bronies, which reinforced my thinking.  Out of arrogance, I watched the first episode at the end of November.  Over the next two and a half months, I struggled between bronyism and anti-bronyism, watching more episodes to try to confirm something.  Finally, a month ago (mid-February), I gave up and became a brony.  However, to protect myself, I keep it hidden and still act like an anti-brony in public.  As it turns out, I think that I may actually have one or two closet brony friends, but I have not confirmed that suspicion yet.

Don't fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side.  :)

Either way, the brony community is here for you.

And as with the brony thing charging into popularity, my town is just gonna have to wait (its one of the most prejudiced places in britain)

I was fairly neutral to the show, and didn't know that much about Bronies in general, so I didn't hate them, but wasn't too crazy about knowing what went on with the show, as I was under the impression that it was just like the previous generations....

Until one day, my curiosity got the better of me, and I started watching the first episode... I became a fan of the show around episode 5, I believe!

• Brohoof 1

I was an anti-brony.

Then I was shocked to find myself watching the show.

I was so into the show my friends noticed a difference in my attitude.

I was happier.

No one knew I was a Brony though.

Now everytime my friends bring up a joke or insult against Bronies I'm the only one who's not laughing.

Still no one knows though.

Still...

• Brohoof 1

I used to play with as a kid and i liked them. then i grew up life happened etc. But then I had two awesome friends drag me back into it ( that I complained then or now lol) And I VERY VERY much so love FIM. I think i have a pony hording issue infact lol

I didn't really have any exposure to the fandom before I watched the show, so I had no time to hate! (not that I would have anyways) I just saw that this was something people my age were watching one night while I was bored sitting in my room on the internet so I checked it out. The cuteness pulled me in right away and I had no time to protest :33

Its funny how i spend 14hours+ each day at a computer but had never heard of bronies..

To be 100% honest I thought the show was some sort of ''adult show'' at first and by that I mean ''oh look how ironic lets make a family guyish show with ponies.''

So I actualy watched all the seasons (1-3 back then) and even equestria girls and I really liked it. then i started to see all these brony videos in the ''suggested video clip section'' and one was a documentary that I saw and then I went YOLO ALL IN and joined the fandom and i regret nothing

Edited by SveciaDash

I live in a relatively disconnected area, as a result the idea of Bronies and MLP didn't really pop up that often. As a matter of fact the first experience I had with the Brony fandom was the occasional (and completely unexpected), contact with the Clopping side. Although to be honest I just thought it was the kinda thing that happens to everything, so I just ignored it.

I can't quite remember what brought me to watch the first episode, but even after watching the first season I barely had any idea about Bronies.

I wasn't a hater persay

but I was slightly disturbed a couple years ago when somehow I managed to see a pony plush with a hole in the back for...stuff

It made me want to have nothing to do with the show or the community

I was skeptical at first, I really didn't insult anypony because I was a furry back then. "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones."

First I heard about it was in the midst of 2011, when I laughed my ass off upon hearing my cousin talked about a boy in his class writing My Little Pony fan fiction.

No, I wasn't. I did mock the idea of me watching the show,, but I never openly insulted the show or the people who view it. Before I joined these forums I was actually quite shy, and wouldn't have voiced such opinions even if I had them.

I wasn't a hater, nor I cared about other dudes liking MLP (I've spent too much time in the internet before that). Well, no, I used to be a MLP hater, but it was from G3, not FiM, though, it was the common hate of things of the opposite sex, not specifically MLP. Ironic huh?

Edited by Zekromic

While I was surprised, skeptical and more than a little confused as to why so many teenagers and adults were into ponies of all things especially the friend who first told me about it who I honestly thought would have been one of the last people to be into that sort of thing I was never a hater. I have had many unusual interests and obsessions over the years and felt that I had no right to condemn something I didn't even understand especially when so many have done the same to me in the past and really really did not like the hard core haters very much.