Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were you a hater/Anti-Brony?

I_wesley125

Were You a Hater?  

162 users have voted

1. 1. Did you used to be a hater?

• Yes, I used to be a hater.
    • No, I wasn't a hater.

I was a hater for 4 seconds. I hear many have lasted longer than that.

BUT you know what they say..

Posted Image

Edited by Zero
  • Brohoof 1

I was never a "hater" per se, but I just simply didn't really pay any attention to it. My first experience was seeing people's pony-avatars over at GITP, I try to stay fairly open minded so I kind of just shrugged it off. Later I ran across the trollestia meme at Know Your Meme and got hooked on the pony antics, which eventually lead to watching episodes. It took me around two weeks to fully accept being a brony, including a bit of denial, but eventually I overcame it and here I am now!

I was never a hater, I was mostly just curious about all the ponies showing up pretty much everywhere I looked on the internet. And one day, my curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to watch it. Needless to say, I loved it. Before the show though, I pretty much had my own rule of Love and Tolerance going on already, but then I just called it being polite :P Ponies, and the MLP Community, just magnified it tenfold.

• Brohoof 1

I never was a hater, I mean I sorta disliked some of it, like when a pony fan video would pop up in my subscription box at youtube, sometimes i'd dislike the video., but I think I only did that like twice.

Before watching the show, I was at the point where I pretty much went "Okay. You exist, and so do I. If we keep our distances, I'm sure we won't have too much trouble." So I didn't really hate it but avoided it due to experience.

But then I took a Twilight Sparkle to the face.

/badSkyrimjoke

• Brohoof 1

I think I've said before in another thread that when I first noticed the fandom I planned on writing a joke review bash Bronies.

I wouldn't say that'd be out of hatred though. When I critique something I don't particularly enjoy my cruel sense of humor tends to come out and the bashing begins!

Then to be fair I had to watch the show and actually chat with a few Bronies...

Then I was done for! Not only did I enjoy the show I fell in love with the fandom!

Where I thought I was going to find a bunch of kids being "Bronies" to go with the meme fads and a few crazed weird people, instead I found my family! "I became my material!" I said becoming a Brony.

Need less to say the review is dead and buried and due to my original intentions I refuse to go back to write it, even a positive one.

Plus I do better if I'm critiquing something that sucks! Much more to nit-pick and make fun of!

So I guess I was a slight hater, but always with an open mind.

• Brohoof 1

I was never a hater, but I was annoyed about it being everywhere on the internet. Then I skimmed through an episode (Party of One) to see what the big deal was. I remember thinking that it was cute and funnny, but way too simple and childish to keep an older person's attention, and the only reason anyone became a fan was to be part of a fad. Then I decided to watch the pilot and warmed up to it a little. Then I started looking a bunch of fanmade stuff like dubs, remixes of the songs, fanart, reading articles. So I decided to give the show another real try. By the forth one I watched I knew I was hooked.

Edited by A.J.

I used to be a very stubborn hater of the show and claimed id never watch it, but luckly enough the boy i know at colledge was eccentric enough to make it look cool and he manged to get me to watch it.

On my first day back after watching the first episode he asked me if id watched it yet. I said i hadent, but later on i turned to him and shouted "NIGHTMARE MOON HAS RETURNED!" Safe to say there was no going back from that point on...

• Brohoof 1

I was at first, but then I watched the show. It was more of a seriously moment when I first heard of them.

Now time to get my bro to be a brony.

I wasn't a hater so to speak, but more of rejecting towards it. Hate is too strong a word, I just tried to avoid it as much as I could. But I saw some memes ponyfied and it got me interested. Now look at me lol XD. Talking in pony speech and collecting pony merch. Feels good man.

I wouldn't say I was a hater... but when I saw pony memes on the internet, I was like "Meh... you gotta be kiddin' me..."

But then someone linked me a quote on blizzards wow forum, and I thought I'd check out the show, to see if it was any good, because I was bored...

And then, I became a brony C:

Thats pretty much what happened to me. Saw the pony memes. Decided to check out the show. Been a happy brony since.

Well my friend hotelsoap from 3ds Forums (who I haven't seen in forever) and I had a spam war on chat, (which I won), so that's how I became friends with him/her : Then HS sent me some pony memes and I was like, What is that? and HS told me it's mlp. I was like... okay... But I was okay with it and eventually joined the group and thread on 3ds forums, Before I saw the show. so, the community won me over before the show XD. So no, I was never a hater. I guess I thought it was a meme, thanks to all the pony versions of memes.

Edited by Bon Bon

Not really a "hater," but I was very annoyed at most of my favorite internet sites being taken over by ponies. It got to the point where even my favorite podcasts were being taken over by it. It wasn't until one of them had Giggle at the Ghostie (Saltlakrits' 20% Cooler Remix) playing on their music breaks that I found myself constantly replaying over and over and over again. Kind of annoyed with myself for liking the song so much, I decided to give the first episode a try. I can honestly say that the starting point in my brony life was where Pinkie Pie threw that welcoming party for Twilight. If it wasn't for her being all overly obnoxious and happy, I probably wouldn't have gave the rest of the series a chance. So, yes, I have Pinkie Pie to thank for making me a brony. :)

I was for a little while. I used to laugh at people, "Why are you watching a show about ponies?" I didn't even give it a chance. Soon more and more of it started to pop up. I finally gave in and watched the first few episodes. Now I'm a huge fan of it.