Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were you a hater/Anti-Brony?

I_wesley125

Were You a Hater?  

162 users have voted

1. 1. Did you used to be a hater?

• Yes, I used to be a hater.
    • No, I wasn't a hater.

I just found it funny that it was all over the interwebz when I first heard of it, then I didn't really think about it for a long time until I watched it.

I hated the haters for a while but now I just love and tolerate them.

I wasn't a hater as such, but I didn't understand what was so appealing about MLP. Until I watched episode one, of course. Today I can say I'm proud to be a Brony ;)

I was never a hater. I was confused, but not a hater. At first, I thought it was referencing something else, like a stupid comedy or something. Then I found out people actually liked it, but all I could think about was the bad 80's show. Then I found out it was from the creators of Foster's and Powerpuff Girls. Then I knew there had to be something good about the show, and gave it a try.

I'm a pretty open-minded guy. I like a lot of things others don't. When I told my family I am a Brony, my mom said, "You are one strange guy." I just said, "When was I ever normal?" I read classical literature for fun, I don't like sports, I'm a Disney fanatic, and I'm an anime fan but don't like Dragonball Z or Naruto. I always act like myself.

• Brohoof 1

I started watching the episodes an hour or so after I found out about the series and the fandom, so there really wasn't a lot of time for me to hate the show. And even if I did have time, I wouldn't. I'm not much of a hater towards what people like things that I don't, unless you shove it down people's throats or you're just being a jerk about it.

Edited by Wonka

• 1 month later...

Well... yes and no. We didn't hate the show exactly, but we hated the fandom and anti-fandom, mostly due to an event that happened a while back on FurAffinity. We didn't want to take part with bronies and haters screaming at each other about 'STOP LIKING WHAT I DISLIKE' and 'STOP DISLIKING WHAT I LIKE'.

Now, we gladly support and watch (and obsess over) the show, and let others have their own opinions!

*sets his mug of house brew down on the table, and looks very melancholy*

I was. 'Twas dark times indeed. Passing through every day with only the occasional episode of the Big Bang Theory or How I Met Your Mother to cheer me up... and no cartoons of any kind. I had attempted to hate Ponies out of sheer stubbornness.

"Ponies?!" I gasped at the mention of these strange creatures called "Bronies", "Have you lost all respect for yourself, sir?!"

And at that point, I honestly believed it.

Dark times.

Time dragged on. The world continued to turn. And I sank deeper and deeper into that horrid state of melancholy. I took up reading TWILIGHT of all things, just to see what the fuss my sister made was all about. And though I successfully forced myself to like even that, 'twas not enough.

I needed a light. Even my video games told me so.

And then! A lamp in the darkness! Held aloft by that most kind of angels, Fluttershy!

"Come visit Ponyville!" she said, "I mean, um... if you want to. It's really okay if you're busy, or if you just don't want to."

Having nothing to lose in the way of pride, I ventured forth with Fluttershy as my guide, and discovered the first truly well made cartoon I'd seen in a decade.

Ponyville was a wonderful place. Now I think I'd like to stay here.

I first found out about the show through Funnyjunk. If any of you go there, you'd find a lot of pony posts and comics and such. I think it was November when I first saw a pony related picture. It had some caption draped over it, and I found it kind of funny. As I viewed more pony posts, though, I began to think, why do people like MY LITTLE PONY? I definitely didn't appreciate the previous generations, so I was kind of baffled on why a lot of people like this. I didn't hate at all, though. I just wrote it off as interesting without actually seeing the new series. Little did I know that I'd become a brony the following month. I didn't really care about it before December 30th.

Man, if I had closed my browser during that time... I wouldn't have become a big fan. :lol:

My first reaction when I saw an MLP thread on another forum was "Huh, ponies." That's all. I just kind of... Ignored it-- never decided I liked or disliked it, until I randomly decided to watch the first episode!

And, well. You know what came next.

My initial reaction to hearing about MLP: FiM was ambivalence. "My Little Pony? Isn't that an awful toy line? Well, your milage may vary, I suppose..." I had some understanding that it was popular among internet denizens, though I thought it was only due to some form of counter-culture. Rarely if ever did I seriously consider MLP to be on my radar, let alone worthy of my attention.

And then I watched an episode---the first one, actually. I thought, "Huh. Well, that wasn't so bad." I didn't pick up watching MLP: FiM again until a close friend of mine had apparently gone through the entire first season and could make reference to the show with ease. He showed me the light, and I am profoundly thankful for his efforts.

Short answer: No, I was never a hater.

I was never a hater, no... at least not for Friendship is Magic. I confess my much younger dude self had a somewhat justified disdain for the older series and the whole "stupid girly" scene, but that was then, and this is now. Apples and oranges, as they say.

Not at all! I've always thought of the show as a place of happiness, and I actually used to watch the old MLPs. Not as good as FiM but they weren't bad.

I don't really understand haters. Why do they hate the show? Is it a 'threat to masculinity'? Has it tooken over peoples' minds? Is it a show that only gay people watch? The answers are: Nope, uh-uh, and WTF?!

I remember when i was 5 yelling at the top of my lungs "MY LITTLE PONY SKINNY AND BONY,WENT TO THE CIRCUS FARTED ON PURPOSE" back then i was very stupid but i used my necronomicon to summon the spirit NAMRU to increase my brain compacity I was very open minded after that and never hated anything and was SUPER calm all the time (I still do all these things) so i heard about it and took a leap of faith now i love it!

For quite a while, yes. We were. But we did not hate the show itself; rather, we refused to give it a chance as we hated both the fandom AND the anti fandom, mostly due to an incident on FurAffinity, where bronies and anti-bronies were screaming at each other 'STOP LIKING WHAT I DISLIKE' and profanities which we prefer not to mention. But after a few memes, and a few pictures, we decided to give the show a chance and loved it.