Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were you a hater/Anti-Brony?

I_wesley125

Were You a Hater?  

162 users have voted

1. 1. Did you used to be a hater?

• Yes, I used to be a hater.
    • No, I wasn't a hater.

I was a ''anti brony'' but once I actually sat down and watched the show (in utter seclusion) I fell in love with it. but I kept it a secret until the end of season 2. I used to think that it was a show for little girls and I made fun of bronys with my friends (they are still haters to this day but they have lightened up a bit since im open about being a brony with them) in feel terrible about what I did/said about bronys and MLP in general and I wish I could take it all back but sadly I don't have a time machine, all I can do is try to help out bronys and defend the show whenever given the chance to try and atone for my past mistakes.

Nope. I did not even really know the existence of Bronies until I started watching the show. I fell in love with the show and then I found out about Bronies, then I declared myself one immediately. I can't really hate what I originally had not known the existence of. :P

• Brohoof 1

I never really disliked the fandom, I mean, I thought it was weird, but that's pretty much it.

My younger brother was probably more of an anti-brony, which is kind of funny, because he's closer to the show's intended audience...

I didn't get a chance because I didn't even really know about it prior to when the whole thing caught my eye. I was cautious though, I kinda eased myself into the idea by reading the shows TVtropes page and and observing from the outside for a bit before I gave the show a shot.   

Ueyup, I was an Anti-Brony once. I looked at the show and I was like, "no" Then my little sister came home with a pony CD and decided to watch it, and I was like, "I'm going in my room." Then I saw some older people who liked this show and I was like, "wtf are they doing?" I thought that just being a Shadow fan was better than this. So I backed away for a little while, but then I got bored one day. Rhi-rhi (my little sis.) put in the CD again and I was like, "wtf." and I gradually started to watch it even more.

I was the biggest brony hater in Spring of 2012. I even lost one of my friends because my brony-hating was getting too far. Well, I don't blame him for leaving me. I was being a bit insane.

I wasn't an anti-brony, I just didn't give a damn at all. Later on I saw there was some fuss about the show, so after certain circumstances I gave it a shot and I honestly don't regret, that I did this.

Oh God, was I ever an anti-brony! I mercilessly hated them, insulted them both online and IRL, immediately hated anyone who had a pony avatar or posted any pony stuff, and was generally a major dick to any and all bronies.

I admit I was an Anti Brony for a time. I only really remember hating some of the people never the show itself. I never even remember thinking that people who liked it were gay or any other typical stereotypes for bronies. I just disliked them. This was probably only the first month of 2012, so it didn't last long. The only form of 'hate' that I produced was a post on the Minecraftforums on how I joined the "anti brony alliance". Lets just say that a lot can happen in a year and a half. I've matured a lot. In February last year I wanted to know why they liked it and looked up the first episode. I got hooked and never looked back. I think I secretly wanted to like it when I decided to watch it. No idea why though.

Edited by -Stargazer-

• 5 months later...

Sadly, (It's tough to admit) but I was a passionate hater before I discovered what it truly was. I had never watched the show and I had called other bronies "gay" and "Fags" and other horrible, horrible things like that. I made it my business to apologize to all those I wronged, but I still carry the shame in my mind. So I was wondering.. Was anyone else a hater before they became a brony? please, don't be afraid to share, we're all friends here.   ;)

No not at all, quite the opposite actually. Basically, I suppose you can say I 'very strongly disliked' the haters. I was actually kinda fond of bronies, as well as the show (what can I say? I'm a very accepting person). ;)

• Brohoof 1

No i honestly found the haters worse than the bronies everywhere i looked if there was one reference to ponies it was omg gay ass brony lol fag. and i thought i'd give it a chance from there on

and if it was a terrible show i would understand what the haters thought and why the bronies liked it so much luckily i was open minded.

Sort of.... I didn't hate them.... I just made fun of them.......

Same here. I didn't hate them per say, but I definitely made fun of bronies and shrugged them all off as idiots.

yeah i hated pretty bad, made fun of them, heck the only reason i started watching (other than to see what the hype was about) was to find material to make fun of them, used the show against them, put i kept watching "staying on top of this" i said i was doing, it was lesson zero was when i realized i was starting to like the show

Not really, the whole thing looked really fun from the start. There were lots of pony videos around and they looked funny and interesting. I wondered what the whole thing is and got into it.

I didn't consider myself a full blown hater but I thought Bronies were weird. I didn't go out of my way to hate but if the topic was brought up I would join in. I made fun of them and thought they were creeps and freaks. Then I tried the show. I was wrong.