Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were you a hater/Anti-Brony?

I_wesley125

Were You a Hater?  

162 users have voted

1. 1. Did you used to be a hater?

• Yes, I used to be a hater.
    • No, I wasn't a hater.

I was a hater. Not an extreme one, I just thought of MLP as a show for little girls and called bronies weird. The friend who first introduced me to the idea of bronies is a bit strange, so I didn't think of it a serious thing at first. In truth, I liked haters even less. My thought process was that bronies may seem strange, but that's no excuse to be a complete jerk.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't hate bronies or anything when I first heard of the show, I just thought they were weirdos. 

Now I feel kinda stupid about that and wish I could have discovered it earlier, like maybe around Spring 2012  or so.

I didn't become a fan until summer 2013, and I ran into a few spoilers along the way - spoilers that could have been avoided if I hadn't been so dim.

• Brohoof 1

i think everyone was at first, i know i was

no, but many people.

I was never a hater, as soon as I heard about it I thought it was weird, but I gave I didn't look down on people who liked it, I mean I became a brony just a few days after I even heard about it so maybe I'm not the best person to answer the question :P

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't a flat out hater, but I won't deny that I found the idea of grown men liking MLP was...odd to say the least. Admittedly I made fun of the fanbase on a few occasions, though I never reached the levels of "f*****ts" or "horseF***ers" levels of bad

i think everyone was at first, i know i was

On the contrary, my good fellow! I was not a hater of the community at all. When I first heard about them, I had wondered what was so cool about a show that had colorful ponies, but I was definitely neutral. I didn't hate the haters or the bronies.

• Brohoof 1

I think that anyone person out there that is reading this and is currently a hater needs to read this.

At the time back in the summer of 2012 I was actually oblivious to the whole brony fandom and what they were about. It was not until I saw a shirt in the mall and with my friend giving me a rundown of what bronies were. My initial reaction to his description of bronies was that of shock. Like I said to myself, how in the hell have guys my age and older started liking a show for little girls like seriously what the hell? When you stop and think about it that does sound very very strange. I don't blame people for hating on bronies because the whole idea of guys and men liking a little girls show is quite odd..... I would have probably found out about bronies later on and made fun of them the same.  * Keep in mind I was a very very closed minded person back then as well. *

But one nite I was really bored and decided to look up what bronies just for the laughs... I decide ah what the heck I will watch an episode just to make fun of these psychos. Low and behold I actually enjoyed the thing I was making fun of??? The heck what just happened... wait did I just enjoy this? What the hell is wrong with me?! I thought to myself at the time. The show is actually pretty freaking good I must say and heck everyone is different and not all will enjoy the show. But I know now why so many people came to like this show.

Edited by Cherribomb

Yep, I was. I didn't hate the fandom, though. I was more confused. I didn't understand. And then it led to more of a dislike, but it wasn't full on hate. Then I ended up watching it, and here I am now.

I hate to admit it but I did hate bronies. I newest to always make fun of them and insult them and the show, until I got shown the "Fluttershy yay" song I liked it, I still hated mlp and bronies though but more I heard that song more I liked it so then I decided to watch a episode and It all began there  :blush:

I don't hate things unless I find sufficient reasons that are rationally plausible.

So no, I was not a hater, because I can't find rational reasons to hate ponies.

Well, in Minecraft someone was talking about the show and someone was hatin' on him.  I didn't chat anything, but I was thinking (because I have a tendency to go along with other people) wow, why would he watch a little girls show?  Haha, gay...

But he inspired me to watch the show, and the first episode I saw was actually the Pilot episode!  This was only 3 months ago.  I forget the guys name, but if I found him I would thank him for introducing me to one of the biggest (I think) fandoms ever (again, I think).  :) I'm happy to be a brony now, though I tell no one, if anyone were to bring up bronies he would be added to my circle of friends!

Nah, I actually thought the term "brony" was what people called the ponies of the show :P. Seeing as it appeared on Cheezburger and other places around the internet a lot, I assumed it was some cool show everyone watches (not just bronies)....apparently not!

Edited by Wingin'Wolf

I didn't hate bronies before I became one. I just thought they were weird for liking this kind of show. But then I found myself watching a lot of MLP videos and reading fanfics of it and stuff like that and I changed my mind and thought bronies were actually really cool. And then I realized I liked it and soon called myself a brony.

To be brutally honest, yes I did hate bronies before I became one. I do admit I called a few "gay", but if since righted those wrongs. Before I gave the show a try, I did think that the stereotypical brony clopped.

Nope. I didn't really know about bronies until I jumped into the fandom myself. I had heard about the show and a following but I lost interest as soon as I heard about it. It's only when I saw a thread about ponies on a Metroid forums did I really get curious. 

I initially thought that they were all just being ironic. Once I found out it was serious, I equated it to good ol fashioned internet weirdness. Then mc chris and Andrew WK started geeking out about it, prompting me to take it a bit more seriously. Seeing Eddie Hermida (All Shall Perish, Suicide Silence) in a Fluttershy shirt sealed the deal, and I checked it out.

I wouldn't have called myself an active hater (as in, I didn't go around bashing bronies), but I did think you people were a bunch of wackos that I had no interest in associating with. That impression was formed partly by a dislike of the MLP brand that I'd held onto since childhood, and partly because I saw a few episodes and found the show mediocre.

Honestly, I still don't know how I ended up here. There's no particular moment I can pinpoint where I went from disliking this stuff to thinking Twily is the cutest thing and no longer being a cynical prick. But I'm long past caring.  ;)