Were you a hater/Anti-Brony?

I_wesley125

Were You a Hater?  

162 users have voted

1. 1. Did you used to be a hater?

• Yes, I used to be a hater.
    • No, I wasn't a hater.

yes...and no

there was a user in another Forum I am. He liked it and some of us(Me too) making jokes about him and the show. We(Or at least me)told him, that this isn't really hating, more just joking, and he knows that. At the End, because of him, I just want to know, why he like that so much...so I start watching the first episodes...and yeah...after that I liked it myself^^

But really hating...nope, never, everyone can enjoy that, what they love^^

nah hating not, but i was just "wtf guys? why do you like that shit?" and i was a bit of a troll... then i said "ok, bullshit, i am watching this shit" and then... yep.. i joined the army

I wasn't really a hater, but I did hear about it online and kind of think it was just outright weird, for guys and grown men to like such a show, then I watched all 3 seasons in just 2 sitting and thought it was AMAZING! 

Since then I have meant a lot of very awesome and nice people through the community!

I was a big skeptical and thought we were a bunch of trolls, but watched it and then converted.

Yes, I was. When I first heard about bronies, I was like "Mother of God..... has humanity gone down the shitter again?". Then I flatout HATED bronies. Whenever I'd see pony talk, I'd be like "Honest to God, have ye any lives whatsoever?". Eventually, I decided to watch an episode just to see what all the excitement was about. The results of that experiment was a freshly-spawned brony.

I now deeply regret hating on bronies, because they are the friendliest community I've ever met in my life :wub:

i wasnt really a hater of MLP or the community, i just thought you all were weird.. since i was never bothered by Bronies, i ignored it for the most part.. than i got REALLY bored one day back in 2010 and watched the first two episodes and kept going xD

I never really had hatred for My Little Pony because I was a child when G1-2 came out and I watched it.  My mother gave two hoots lets and my older bro was like "No I must prevent the queerness from effecting you!"

All these years later, I acknowledged Bronies but was more "afraid" of them.  I thought it was a weird gang then I did some researchin and was like "huh okay so they're not that bad. Still no interest though"

Watched the "Bronies" documentary two months ago, "Alright I will give it a chance" Next day was at mall with a Build-a-Bear they had a MPL special (dash/shy/sparkle) Saw a lot of Fluttershys going out the door, I made a comment and got roasted by my gf and mom (same mom mind you years before cared less I knew pony names)

Went home that night watched S1 1-4 went to bed and woke up "I love it!"

The End

I was never a hater.

I played with the previous generations of toys, even the 80's ones.

So I couldn't hate it, it was a big part of my childhood.

I was more interested in what it was about this new generation of ponies that was so awesome.

• Brohoof 1

Oh yes. OH CELESTIA YES. I ripped bronies apart. (Well, not really!) I thought they were the scourge of the century. I hated them SO MUCH. One night, however, I couldn't sleep. I opened my laptop. And I binge watched ponies. I watched about 3/4 of Season 1 that night. From 11 PM to 9 AM, nonstop ponies. I was so confused, as just a day before I hated the show and the fandom. But then... I became a brony.  

I REGRET EVERYTHING, I REGRET EVERYTHING I EVER SAID!!! PONIES ARE THE BEST!

Edited by Ducksquack

No, I never understood where all the hate comes from.

I thought it was completely stupid to hate someone for watching a Tv show. If anything, I was more curious as to why the show got the kind of attention it did more than anything. 

Seriously, what do you even gain by hatting on someone for watching a TV show other than people disliking you for it?   >_>

I didn't hate on them or anything, but I thought they were a little screw loose. One of my brony friends has helped me become a fan of it. I love the brony community, but I just don't like the crazy "rabid" bronies that try to convert everyone. TV is like food, If you try it and like it, all is good. If you try it and don't like it, at least you tried ! 

First I was like:

post-24411-0-06357200-1391657187.jpeg

But then I was like:

post-24411-0-96744200-1391657233.jpeg

Edited by HerpDerp88

• 1 month later...

I used to be a hater of this fandom  :derp:  but then i found out that some of my friends were bronies and, well to cut a long story short, they made me a brony.

But i'm curious, how many of you were haters like me? I must know! <insert rarity quote>

I wasn't a hater of the fandom.

In fact, I never knew it existed until one day I was on YouTube and I saw an episode of MLP.

I saw the comments and people were talking about it like it was some kind of political debate!

That same day I became a Pegasister.

• Brohoof 1

Never had anything agaist it, a friend reccomended the show and I saw a couple of episodes.

Making fun of peoples interests is sort of taboo here in town anyway, it is just something one should never do.

Edited by A CrayZ Cat
  • Brohoof 2

Nope in fact as soon as I found out about mlp (i watched a fan made video) and quickly became more and more into it and it only took a year for me to become a strong pegasister and talk about it all the time...It just interested me how  one show could get this big how (one) show would bring friendship and harmony to this world I know they had been my kind of people It seemed I belonged now I am pegasister a proud so no I was never a hater...

I wasn't a hater of the fandom.

In fact, I never knew it existed until one day I was on YouTube and I saw an episode of MLP.

I saw the comments and people were talking about it like it was some kind of political debate!

That same day I became a Pegasister.

Never had anything agaist it, a friend reccomended the show and I saw a couple of episodes.

Making fun of peoples interests is sort of taboo here in town anyway, it is just something one should never do.

Nope in fact as soon as I found out about mlp (i watched a fan made video) and quickly became more and more into it and it only took a year for me to become a strong pegasister and talk about it all the time...It just interested me how  one show could get this big how (one) show would bring friendship and harmony to this world I know they had been my kind of people It seemed I belonged now I am pegasister a proud so no I was never a hater...

Well......umm......this is a tad awkward.....uhhh......chocolate milk anyone?

post-24330-0-95160300-1394967497.jpg

• Brohoof 1