Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were you a hater/Anti-Brony?

I_wesley125

Were You a Hater?  

162 users have voted

1. 1. Did you used to be a hater?

• Yes, I used to be a hater.
    • No, I wasn't a hater.

Nope. After all, I've never been one to talk. I watched Power Rangers and Pokémon well passed the point most people seemed to outgrow them (I still love Pokémon games though, just not the show) and I sing Disney songs in the shower often. I watched Dragon Ball/Z/GT all through high school and college (even though it had been long over by that point; I re-watched it).

Not judging a book by its cover comes very easily to me and I honestly think I have The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker to thank for that. I remember being appalled by the look of the game until I played it.

Yeah, I was never a hater. Maybe I was when I was a kid, with the older My Little Pony. Because, ick, girl stuff, ew etc. But, for FiM I was just sort of neutral to it. Like, "Yeup, it sure exists." But I hadn't seen enough of it to judge it? But I have some friends who are budding animators who really liked the show, praising the animation (among other things). So...I tentatively started to look into it, and now here I be, telling you all. Haha.

At first I honestly thought it was a /b/ thing. So I kind of was a hater.

Then my special somepony told me to watch it, so I decided to give it a chance.

My thoughts;

Episode 1; 'Dear god..What am I doing..'

Episode 2; 'Ok maybe it isn't so bad..'

Episode 3; 'Posted Image'

To be honest, I didn't know My Little Pony existed until about the November of 2011. After that, everything becomes foggy, I never really understood how I came to loving ponies... I was never a hater of ponies, however I did doubt my security about liking them at some point though, but that is way over now.

My thought on my little pony over time:

Kid: My little pony, what girl stuff.

March 2011 on bulbagarden forums: *Sees a MLP image* "Is that from that show happy tree friends show I've been hearing about?" (Note: I did think this, it especially didn't help when I saw a gif of Pinkie looking scary with robot eyes.

June: *Passes by My little pony friendship is magic title on tv* "..."

June: *Sees MLP quote video "Stop fooling around.* "?" *Looks at comments.* "?!?"

July: I don't exactly remember, I either searched My little pony know your meme, or I typed Know your meme and my little pony was attached to it."MY LITTLE PONY IS A MEME!?!?...hmmm..." I then watched the episodes...

I used to spam tons of gory pictures in any MLP threads in all forums I frequented to. I hate those obnoxious bronies who always tried to shove their ponified memes in our non-brony face. They expect us to love and tolerate the ponies, while they themselves never paid any heed to any topics that wasn't related to FiM

Posted Image

I even braced myself to dive into the deepest pit of gory fetish of the bronies so I could find any stuff to silence their 'pony rampage'. But somehow I got converted into one of them Posted Image

Edited by Weyland

I was never a "hater", but up until recently I was an "Indifferent" I knew it was there and there was some hype but that was about it, I got a chuckle when I saw everything now and again and eventually that led me here, to bronyhood

brohoof anypony? /)

Nope, I became a brony after the first episode I watched, I started watching them because of colorul commercials, never hated them , came to the interwebs and I found out more people liked them, i was so proud to be part of something

Same with me.

I saw the Teens React video on YouTube. That was the first time I heard of the show, I became curious and watched a few episodes. When I had seen Applebuck Season I knew that I was a brony. So I would say no I have never been a hater.

I was indifferent the first time, then forgot about the show all together for 2 months. I heard about it again, started watching it (I wanted to see the hype about it, plus I LOVE cartoons) and after the first episode, I knew I was a brony :)

Never was a hater. Not my style.

But in this case, I didn't even know there was a new show and had never paid attention to the MLP franchise anyway. It wasn't on my radar at all, never even thought about it.

Now it's my favorite show and I can't wait for new episodes to come out. The last time that happened was with Babylon 5, so that's a rare form of praise for me.

I often ask myself why I love this silly show so much, and tend to come up blank. I could list all the neat things about it, but still not be sure why I like it this much. So far, my best shot at explaining it consists of two words.

Because ponies. B)

Heeeeell no! I've loved mlp (well I didn't love G2 and G3.5 but I don't hate them since they are ponies... never mind, I hate G3.5) since I was a kid so I couldn't hate the show since it was trying to revive something I thought was totally awesome or anyone who liked it. Probably since I've spent a good portion of my life trying to convince boys that colorful, sparkly, talking ponies were cool. For me, this was always awesome and bronies make me happy.

I was never a genuine hater, although I did just ignore most of the MLP hype for a while and never really understood the popularity of it... After I eventually gave the show a shot I was hooked, and here I am now :P