Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were you a hater/Anti-Brony?

I_wesley125

Were You a Hater?  

162 users have voted

1. 1. Did you used to be a hater?

• Yes, I used to be a hater.
    • No, I wasn't a hater.

I was never what I would call a hater, but I had never liked ponies before (nor any sort of horse - real or cartoon). I never imagined I would like it - it dealt with ponies. Ugh. Then one day when I was sad/having a bad day, my husband pulled up MLP FiM on youtube to cheer me up, and I relunctantly watched it to humor him... and the rest is history <3

Yes sadly.. **hangs head** I was until I watched Bridle Gossip. My brony friend online made me watch it.. and not trusting me to do so on my own, (with good reason) he made me sit on skype and listen as I watched it.

His I told you so-ness is huge now because he totally converted me. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Nope. the guy that first showed it to me I've always looked up to for being the best cartoonist and artist in our class, he was also one of my long time best friends, and he has remarkably good taste in animation, so I decided to trust him and watch the first few episodes with an open mind turns out I was right to trust him

I never hated it. I was just curious when I saw the several pictures of ponies on the internet. I first saw them on the Sporums (Spore Forums), and I watched several videos of it on Youtube.

I was just curious. I don't really hate people for liking something that doesn't seem to fit. I just find out why they like such things.

Definitely not. I found out about this show, like a lot of others, from 4chan and I was pretty confused and doubted I'd start liking it. I remember saying to one of my friends "Dude, if I end up liking a show about cartoon ponies, you have permission to shoot me." Now I annoy him when talking about ponies. I definitely don't regret it though because I've seen how awesome of a show it is and man oh man ponies are so cute.

I never hated it, because I used to love Powerpuff Girls. I was always amused by such sweet and girly characters beating the blood, teeth and snot out of the baddies. I like cartoons in general, so when one of this calibre came up, I dove in hoof-first. Never looked back.

I guess I was a little bit of a hater, but it was more of my being insecure and not understanding why you would watch this. But with the first episode i got sucked in, its just too awesome to hate after actually watching

I didn't really hate it. I just came upon MLP when browsing through Garrys Mod videos on youtube and then I happened to see this "Are you a Spy?" video with Rainbow Dash in it. And shortly afterwards I became a Brony and then began watching the series. and then probably some days later, I found this awesome forum. Happy Ending.

I never hated this series at any point before. In fact, the moment i caught wind of it's presence via the interwebs, and reading reviews from various brony and non-brony outlets, I knew that I was going to love it. Which is why I was reluctant at watching it at first, but I eventually did it anyway.

I regret nothing.

Like alot of people here, I to was a hater, I wasn't one of the trolling haters, but I was one of those people that just asked "Why is everyone watching this". Until I saw my friends friend who if you gave the guy a wrong look would mess you up proudly wearing a rainbow dash shirt. And with alot of other things... here i am. :D

At first, I had never even heard of mlp fim. But I'm not a very hateful person and I don't tend to dislike something unless I've had a 1st person experience of it. So no, I wasn't a hater.

(edited)

I wouldn't say I was a hater, I'd get annoyed at the trolls who would just post things like "hurr durr weirdos you only watch it to clop." I never imagined myself being interested in it until recently, though. And I suppose certain fan works can be a little... offputting sometimes. But I don't judge until I know.

Edited by Randomiser

• 1 year later...

When I mean Anti-Brony (there may be a better word to describe it), I mean you thought of yourself as a person who would never become a brony.

I was an "Anti-Brony", Being the person I was I was like, "Prft, Bronies are weird, Liking a children's show that's meant for girl"..... Boy was I wrong...

• Brohoof 3

Well i for sure never thought i would be a brony after i learned what it was, yeah i was wrong MLP:FIM got its claws om me and didn't let go, as for the anti part i never thought anything bad of bronys just though it was a lil strange that males liked the show

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I was an Anti-Brony at one time. My friend kept telling me about its awesome so I got curious and decided to watch it. BEST CHOICE EVER! Yes.... That was all fun till I had to explain to my parents why im watching a 6 year old girl show.

-Sparkle Speed

• Brohoof 1

I was one. In an effort to understand brony culture, I inadvertently became one. In just under a month I am already collecting pony merch and proudly calling myself a brony!

• Brohoof 1