Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were you a hater/Anti-Brony?

I_wesley125

Were You a Hater?  

162 users have voted

1. 1. Did you used to be a hater?

• Yes, I used to be a hater.
    • No, I wasn't a hater.

I was an anti-brony.. I hated ponies because everyone else around me did so.

So one day I just wanted to see whats the hate on and I started to like the show instead.

I know what you mean, hahah. My whole group have some sort of negative reaction towards Bronies, that is why I was an Anti-brony :P

• Brohoof 1

I used to think that the only people that watched MLP:FiM where, for want of a better word, gay. Then I found out that all my friends were secretly bronies (every single one of them :blink: ), and all I could think to myself was 'NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I'M HANGING OUT WITH BRONIES!!!!! WHY ME?!?!?!?'

Then I thought (much later on) that if all my friends liked it, there must of been a reason.

So I watched the first episode.  

It was alright, a bit odd when first starting out, but I thought what the hell, maybe it get's better. 

So I watched the second episode.

Then the third.

Then the fourth....

• Brohoof 2

Oh, I was an Anti-Brony. I loathed the Brony's which such a passion, but I wanted to understand what made them tick. Accidentally, I became what I once hated. Oh well, the world needs more Ponys. 

• Brohoof 4

I was a anti - brony as well. I misjudged the show because of the cover and not the great animations , fandoms, voicework etc. Not until i watched the show, when I realized that theres more to this show than being just a cartoon. It can also teach you about being loyal, kind, optimistic, and generous to friends and people.

• Brohoof 1

I was never an anti-brony. Before I started watching the show and became a brony and embraced the fandom I was merely indifferent to their existence. I'd heard about them before but I didn't think much of it. I can't quite remember what prompted me to start watching the show.

Yeah, but I really didn't hate the show, I just found it odd how people could like it.  I really never thought I'd become a brony, nor did I think I'd stay one.

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't an anti-brony in terms of hating bronies before, but I definitely could not picture me becoming one.  Once I discovered the show, however, I said to myself, 'This is actually really good'.  I'm still a closet brony, though; only my closest friends and family know.

Well I've never heard of the term "brony" until I became a fan of the show. However, I would merely chuckle at the possibility of being a brony. It was something unimaginable at the time. When my whole family started to love the show, that's when I (reluctantly) changed my mind.

Unlike most, I didn't even have an opinion on bronies.

I didn't think it was weird, I mean, tons of people like Pokemon, Sonic, and such, and those we're made for children.

So, I went in with an open mind and I'm glad I did. 

• Brohoof 3

I didn't care too much, although I was just a bit baffled as to how grown men could enjoy a show about poneh. I believed it was just internet trolls being internet trolls.

I was a hater a few years ago. in fact, i was the stereotypical hater. i thought the show was girly and was basing my opinions on the G3 stuff. I also refused to watch an episode on my own. i had to be bribed into watching this show. now that i am no longer a hater, i love this show! :3

I had a negative introduction to Bronies, which kinda had an effect on the way I viewed them..
Even though, the people I heard from were all ignorant haters (two words I hate, but I couldn't think of a better description)

In fact, I even remember watching the Teens React to My Little Pony video and kinda supporting them.

However, despite that, I still had that curiosity, so I guess I was never COMPLETELY 'Anti-Brony'.

Not me, if anything I was always 100% Pro-Brony. :squee:

I never was a hater, nor was I an Anti-Brony in any way. I never even thought it was weird for grown men and such to like the show, as I'm very open minded and fond of the saying 'to each their own'. In fact I actually quite admired the show and its fandom, and while I didn't really care too much for becoming a brony myself at the time, I sort of predicted it would happen eventually, and I'm glad it did!

I was once an anti-brony but I didn't hate them for who they are, I hated them for what they do. Now that I watch the show and became a brony, my views on their community changed to positive views.

When I mean Anti-Brony (there may be a better word to describe it), I mean you thought of yourself as a person who would never become a brony.

I was an "Anti-Brony", Being the person I was I was like, "Prft, Bronies are weird, Liking a children's show that's meant for girl"..... Boy was I wrong...

Gosh I was a hater towards the brony fandom and then I eventually sat down to watch what all the fuss was about, lets just say I found myself finishing season 1 before I knew it xD

well i say i was an anti-brony i was more of a hater  :blush:

i do regret what i said, wish i had never, i thought they where weird and paedos 

but in the end i was like fuck it i will watch it, i started watching about half way into season 2 and i and before i knew it, it had been the end of season 3 i felt really bad so i joined these forums and one of the first things i did was post an apology ;)

pony on bros ;)

Edited by Vermillion

No, I never was because I never saw the point of hating people for a strange yet harmless hobby. When I first heard of bronies I did think it was strange that so many teenagers and adults especially teenage and adult men were into that of all things, but since I know what it is like to be singled out for being different I couldn't bring myself to actually hate them. I never thought in a million years that I would be into ponies and I was surprised when I found out a friend of mine was but life has a very interesting sense of humor.

• Brohoof 1

I was one of those who found it weird that a guy could like MLP. The temptation to give the show a chance got to me when one of my PSN friends wanted me to give it a chance. Now I've finished all 3 seasons, safe to say that I enjoyed them.

I never had a set opinion on bronies.

I try to see everything with an open mind, and when I first heard of bronies I didn't think "WTF thats creepy or weird" instead became interested and thought the show had to have been doing something right to attract the type of audience it had.

I pretty much went into it with an open mind.

I never really was "anti brony" so to speak, however when I did kind of stumble across the whole brony thing on youtube I was actually more in aw than anything, and of course I still kinda thought brony's were weird, so I guess one could say that I was borderline hater.

• Brohoof 1