Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why I am a Anti-Brony

PonyEcho

Well the average brony type has been pissing me off as of late. I come from another major pony forum and just about everyone was overreactive, assumptious, incredibly juvenile, quick to cry, quick to point fingers, hypocritical, prejudice, entitled, possessed questionalbe ethics and in some cases anti-intellectual, all while telling others that they were decent people who cared about everyone. I know this is common in fandoms but bullcrap is bullcrap and being normal doesn't excuse it. As result of this forum it's been difficult for me to jump into the fandom as of late and I'm embarrased to wear my pony shirt in public. So I guess I'm an anti brony too.

I really think that alot of us here are brave, brave to stand in the face of the "herd" and say our peace, I would like to mention another issue that's been bugging me, you see I can't stand the "herd" concept in this fanbase, it conjures up a very negativ image, that of unthinking braindead individuals in my opinion, however I think that in this particular thread one can see the diversity of the anti brony idea, I do not like what I hear about our fanbase, unfortunatly it's true, in that case, I just hope many more will see the light and will be able to find more decent and nice bronies to talk to. You guys are awesome!

since when has swearing ever made an argument invalid unless it is targeted at a individual person (which mine wasn't ) and why should any thing i say be mute because of it.

also yes i am fully aware that my grammar sucks and i try to edit it if i notice any mistakes, i am a grade C student at best. is their some kind of un-written law that you have to try to be perfect when voicing you opinion and if your not your opinion should not have even been made?

also why should we just ignore them it like say we should ignore bullying because were giving the bullies more attention and rather then stopping them we should let them continue doing what they do.

so my argument can't be listened to but yours can because you pointed out i swear and have bad grammar thus you are 100% in the right, is this rely how this is all going to work around here?

well i'm not rely against phrases or meme's because well there apart or the culture and kinda bring new people into the community, i'm just against the Bronies who act high and mighty and slam down people because they might not know as much as them, it not something the should be ignored or even be allowed some of the stuff iv'e notice get call internet behavior when rely it borderline mean (however i wouldn't quite call it bullying even tho i feel that it is)

Ok, so apparently, swearing makes his argument invalid...

He wasnt confronting the trolls on the community. He made this tread to address the problems the community has faced lately. Personally, as a brony for one a half years, id like to point out that the brony community has gotten to younger viwers (and im saying people who are ages 10-13) And some of those certain members, *not saying all* are taking this community to the extreme. They're changing ponies to just what they watch but to WHO THEY ARE. It gets kind of annoying actually when somebody says they're against bronies and then all they get is pure hate, completely disregarding the "love and tollerance" rule.

Which brings me to my next point, what happened to love and tollerance anyways? Is it obsolete now? enough said...

What I am trying to say about the swearing thing, is that it seems one can not have a simple civil conversation without throwing the C word or the F bomb every five sentences. And yes, the way to deal with most bullies IS to ignore them, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind right? So if you just turn the other cheek most will leave you alone. That may not be true with all bullies but there are ways to deal with them without resorting to violence. You should simply just not care what they say. Because trolls, haters, bullies, and jerks will gain power from you if you actually spend time caring about what they say.

What I am trying to say about the swearing thing, is that it seems one can not have a simple civil conversation without throwing the C word or the F bomb every five sentences. And yes, the way to deal with most bullies IS to ignore them, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind right? So if you just turn the other cheek most will leave you alone. That may not be true with all bullies but there are ways to deal with them without resorting to violence. You should simply just not care what they say. Because trolls, haters, bullies, and jerks will gain power from you if you actually spend time caring about what they say.

so what you saying is if i see some one acting high and mighty trying to put some one else down so that they can feel superior, that i am suppose to look the other way rather then confront the bully, well its nice to know that you would rather encourage the problem rather then address it.

so what you saying is if i see some one acting high and mighty trying to put some one else down so that they can feel superior, that i am suppose to look the other way rather then confront the bully, well its nice to know that you would rather encourage the problem rather then address it.

Yes because that is exactly what I said. Thank you for understanding my main points so thoroughly. But whatever, it is quite obvious that I am talking to a biased brick wall.

Yes because that is exactly what I said. Thank you for understanding my main points so thoroughly. But whatever, it is quite obvious that I am talking to a biased brick wall.

well you did spend an entire post

stating that i drop the work FUCK for the first time in this entire god damn thread instantly making it all invalid .

targeted my terrible grammar

and said its better to ignore the situation like it not even there rather then address it (it shorten down but this a summary of the only part of you're post that was on topic)

and i'm the one being bias, sure i'm being an asshole but not bias

Edited by PonyEcho

Hey, everypony. Let's keep this civil. The "love and tolerate" motto aside, it is not fair to the other participants in the discussion to begin slinging insults at one another.

Please be respectful. :)

• Brohoof 2

well you did spend an entire post

stating that i drop the work FUCK for the first time in this entire god damn thread instantly making it all invalid .

targeted my terrible grammar

and said its better to ignore the situation like it not even there rather then address it (it shorten down but this a summary of the only part of you're post that was on topic)

and i'm the one being bias, sure i'm being an asshole but not bias

The simple fact that you only pointed out my "attacks" and not my valid points from other posts, makes you extremely biased. You keep on refusing to hear other's arguments simply because they do not coincide with your own personal beliefs or norms. You are completely right that there is a serious problem with certain people within this fandom. But we are a huge fandom made up of different people and different beliefs. People are going to act differently because other than the fact we all love MLP FIM, we are individuals with our own set of morals, beliefs, and norms. Like how you find it unfathomable that there are trolls in a fandom that is supposed to be Loving and Tolerating, when other fans believe that Love and Tolerance is indeed a joke that was made on 4chan. Does that make them any less of a brony? No not in my eyes. They are still fans of MLP FIM. But they just have different views and beliefs.

Edited by Bronynonymous

Hey, everypony. Let's keep this civil. The "love and tolerate" motto aside, it is not fair to the other participants in the discussion to begin slinging insults at one another.

Please be respectful. :)

fine

the whole point of this topic was laziness anyway and to make sure other topic don't go of topic by people asking why.

and while i was expecting backlash i wasn't expecting to be told that all i've said is invalid or that my grammar would be attacked just because i don't like witnessing when people try to put others down and refuse to ignore it like others do.

if you would like to close this thread you can

fine

the whole point of this topic was laziness anyway and to make sure other topic don't go of topic by people asking why.

and while i was expecting backlash i wasn't expecting to be told that all i've said is invalid or that my grammar would be attacked just because i don't like witnessing when people try to put others down and refuse to ignore it like others do.

if you would like to close this thread you can

So long as everyone remains civil and respectful, there's no immediate need to close the thread. If you are requesting that I close this thread, then that is another issue.

well i did read you 'wall of text'

it wasn't rely a wall because you just quoted my wall and then added your opinion

also you seemed to just expand on two things how the people like that are just trolls and what being a brony means to you kinda weak points since that been said my other people in a better way. also it was follow by you saying this

" Well, I hope some of you can take something from my wall of text. Hopefully it was not too confusing. And as always thank you for hearing me out.

~Bronynonymous "

do you rely think that little of people? the fact that you signed it as well like you think the we wouldn't know its you who typed it (but now i'm rambling)

now iv'e been replying to others here who have made much better points but you seem to have been waiting for a moment to get into the conversation by picking out when i make a mistake then you jump in and say my argument is invalid with pointing out my shit grammar too, why did you do that? why not look back at other things iv'e said and point out the flaws there (if no else already has)

my problem isn't with troll wanting attention it with people who abuse the word Brony to make them better then everyone else

Edited by PonyEcho

The simple fact that you only pointed out my "attacks" and not my valid points from other posts, makes you extremely biased. You keep on refusing to hear other's arguments simply because they do not coincide with your own personal beliefs or norms. You are completely right that there is a serious problem with certain people within this fandom. But we are a huge fandom made up of different people and different beliefs. People are going to act differently because other than the fact we all love MLP FIM, we are individuals with our own set of morals, beliefs, and norms. Like how you find it unfathomable that there are trolls in a fandom that is supposed to be Loving and Tolerating, when other fans believe that Love and Tolerance is indeed a joke that was made on 4chan. Does that make them any less of a brony? No not in my eyes. They are still fans of MLP FIM. But they just have different views and beliefs.

And there goes your personal bias again. Honestly I don't know why I even try anymore. Did you not read what I just posted or did you purposefully skip it? Either way, you completely left out my entire last post. People are completely different. You can't expect everyone to conform to YOUR definition of brony, which to me seems like you have stereotyped bronies to all believe in love in tolerance, not be trolls, and not abuse power. My only prerequisite for being a brony is to be a fan of mlp fim, nothing else. But for some reason you act as if every brony should love one another. No wonder why you took offense from other bronies bagging on you because of the derpy thing or the my little dashie thing. You expected this fandom to be nothing but sunshine and rainbows but you were sadly mistaken. Because as I said, everyone is different, and because of this fact, not everyone is going to share your views.

well i did read you 'wall of text'

it wasn't rely a wall because you just quoted my wall and then added your opinion

also you seemed to just expand on two things how the people like that are just trolls and what being a brony means to you kinda weak points since that been said my other people in a better way. also it was follow by you saying this

" Well, I hope some of you can take something from my wall of text. Hopefully it was not too confusing. And as always thank you for hearing me out.

~Bronynonymous "

do you rely think that little of people? the fact that you signed it as well like you think the we wouldn't know its you who typed it (but now i'm rambling)

now iv'e been replying to others here who have made much better points but you seem to have been waiting for a moment to get into the conversation by picking out when i make a mistake then you jump in and say my argument is invalid with pointing out my shit grammar too, why did you do that? why not look back at other things iv'e said and point out the flaws there (if no else already has)

my problem isn't with troll wanting attention it with people who abuse the word Brony to make them better then everyone else

Edited by Bronynonymous

Well the average brony type has been pissing me off as of late. I come from another major pony forum and just about everyone was overreactive, assumptious, incredibly juvenile, quick to cry, quick to point fingers, hypocritical, prejudice, entitled, possessed questionalbe ethics and in some cases anti-intellectual, all while telling others that they were decent people who cared about everyone. I know this is common in fandoms but bullcrap is bullcrap and being normal doesn't excuse it. As result of this forum it's been difficult for me to jump into the fandom as of late and I'm embarrased to wear my pony shirt in public. So I guess I'm an anti brony too.

Stick to the smaller groups on non pony forums. You'll find plenty of friendly and welcoming people. I regularly visit two topics with some of the most mature and thoughtful people I know. And really, if your ashamed to wear your pony shirt in public because of some idiots on the Internet, that is kinda pathetic When I put one of my shirts I don't immediately think "I hope I don't meet someone who uses the same forums I do and associates me with those people"

Edited by brian577

I can relate. I, for one, dislike a ton of stuff about the fanbase, such as the borg mindset i've seen on some fans, the foalcon, the huge ammounts of drama, the misusing of "love and tolerance", and the fact that some believe that tolerance = acceptance. It's not. I actually tolerate that stuff, but i don't accept it. I'll quote Mr. Garrison:

"Tolerant but not stupid! Look, just because you have to tolerate something doesn’t mean you have to approve of it. If you had to like it it’d be called the Museum of Acceptance. Tolerate means you’re just putting up with it. You tolerate a crying child sitting next to you on the airplane or you tolerate a bad cold. It can still piss you off. Jesus tapdancing Christ!"

As for the Derpy drama, i don't really agree about her being "offensive" but some took it too far indeed. And My Little Dashie, i liked it, i was sad, but i didn't cry.

Edited by leictreon
  • Brohoof 1

And there goes your personal bias again. Honestly I don't know why I even try anymore. Did you not read what I just posted or did you purposefully skip it? Either way, you completely left out my entire last post. People are completely different. You can't expect everyone to conform to YOUR definition of brony, which to me seems like you have stereotyped bronies to all believe in love in tolerance, not be trolls, and not abuse power. My only prerequisite for being a brony is to be a fan of mlp fim, nothing else. But for some reason you act as if every brony should love one another. No wonder why you took offense from other bronies bagging on you because of the derpy thing or the my little dashie thing. You expected this fandom to be nothing but sunshine and rainbows but you were sadly mistaken. Because as I said, everyone is different, and because of this fact, not everyone is going to share your views.

And there goes your personal bias again. Honestly I don't know why I even try anymore.

well i'd did point out that i don't judge people as a group i judge them individually and i don't judge people i have not met why dont you try reading what iv'e posted

also the reason you trying is the same reason you butted in earlier

Posted Image

you see i kinda do the same thing but i don't undermine people and look down on them by finding half assed reasons to use to say there argument is invalid. its either that or you were some what offentded that i didn't reply to you so you jumped in why i was in an other discussion with someone who though out this thread has mad so awesome points while you have repeated whet others have said.

:'( That grammar hurt mine eyes

Posted Image

I don't really care too much about people on the internet to make a big essay like that. I deal with this problem by trolling rather than anti-bronying. More fun and people might see it as an attention seeking thing with big things like this as you seem so proud to be one :P

Stick to the smaller groups on non pony forums. You'll find plenty of friendly and welcoming people. I regularly visit two topics with some of the most mature and thoughtful people I know. And really, if your ashamed to wear your pony shirt in public because of some idiots on the Internet, that is kinda pathetic When I put one of my shirts I don't immediately think "I hope I don't meet someone who uses the same forums I do and associates me with those people"

Oh it's not that I'm afraid that people will identify me as some zealous asshole because screw what some dubm prick thinks on account on one t-shirt but I don't what to identify myself with zealous asshole. I agree that it's stupid but the brain wants what it wants. As for forums, I can't find the small ones. Edited by The Dork

well i did read you 'wall of text' it wasn't rely a wall because you just quoted my wall and then added your opinion also you seemed to just expand on two things how the people like that are just trolls and what being a brony means to you kinda weak points since that been said my other people in a better way. also it was follow by you saying this " Well, I hope some of you can take something from my wall of text. Hopefully it was not too confusing. And as always thank you for hearing me out. ~Bronynonymous " do you rely think that little of people? the fact that you signed it as well like you think the we wouldn't know its you who typed it (but now i'm rambling)

i don't undermine people and look down on them by finding half assed reasons to use to say there argument is invalid.

Well then I must be hallucinating or perhaps my definition of undermine is off. But if I might just say, you sir are the biggest hypocrite I have ever met in my 18 years of life. You say you don't judge people based on groups but rather you judge them based on individuals. First off, who in the hoof do you think you are judging people in the first place? Huh? Did I miss some memo about how you became the grand poupa of judging others?

Matthew 7:3-5 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

secondly, last time I checked the whole reason you became an "anti-brony" is because you have some sort of high expectations that have not been met from the fandom. Sure some people of the fandom hurt you, good luck finding a fandom that doesn't have those people in it.

Edited by Bronynonymous
  • Brohoof 2

I'm against the idea that we all have to conform to the popular opinions of the fanbase and those who don't are looked down upon and branded hater or troll or fake bronies or what ever it called now.

I wouldn't count you completely anti-brony, but more of anti-social towards certain users of the internet. You don't have to believe popular options, hell I don't "go with" over half of the stuff fandoms put on the internet, pony related or not. I go to what I believe is right. If the above quote statement is true, I am the biggest troll, fake brony, branded hater on the internet.

Now topics like Princess Molestia exist all over the internet, but just in different R34 forms. I think Princess Molestia and related stuff is sick, but that is one thing you have to realize when you get on the internet, you are going to see things that are a disgrace towards you, or offensive content. If it bothers you so much, simply don't use the internet. As for the Derpy dilemma, I could care less what people's feedback was to Hub, as long as it wasn't shoved down my throat. You don't like her? Great. You like her? Great.

The term "Love and Tolerate" is what I believe not really a brony rule, but more is used for annoyance against trolls/haters.

i have a problem with the older Broines mostly nowdays because they seem to think that there superior to the newer bronies and even have the gaul to blame them for basterdising that it mean to be a brony when the truth is its there fault and there not some kind of i figure that every one should strive to be there jerks who just want to feel superior.

I haven't noticed this yet, but I will keep a look out for it now.

As for fanfics, eh, I really don't care about any of them.

• Brohoof 2

Well then I must be hallucinating or perhaps my definition of undermine is off. But if I might just say, you sir are the biggest hypocrite I have ever met in my 18 years of life. You say you don't judge people based on groups but rather you judge them based on individuals. First off, who in the hoof do you think you are judging people in the first place? Huh? Did I miss some memo about how you became the grand poupa of judging others?

Matthew 7:3-5 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

secondly, last time I checked the whole reason you became an "anti-brony" is because you have some sort of high expectations that have not been met from the fandom. Sure some people of the fandom hurt you, good luck finding a fandom that doesn't have those people in it.

yeah i think i deserved that and perhaps 'judge' was the wrong word to say i should have used 'form an personal impression from people by talking to them or reading about them'

and finally we go back on topic, no i don't expect it to be all smiles and rainbow i expect everyone to be on level ground with on one trying to claw for superiority and i know it in every fandom but they address it at least

yeah i think i deserved that and perhaps 'judge' was the wrong word to say i should have used 'form an personal impression from people by talking to them or reading about them'

and finally we go back on topic, no i don't expect it to be all smiles and rainbow i expect everyone to be on level ground with on one trying to claw for superiority and i know it in every fandom but they address it at least

And address it you did. But the problem with your expectations is that it is unrealistic thinking. Because no matter what you do there will always be those people. It is a nice thought though but it is a bit like saying you wish society was utopian, it will most likely never happen. Edited by Bronynonymous
  • Brohoof 1

And address it you did. But the problem with your expectations is that it is unrealistic thinking. Because no matter what you do there will always be those people. It is a nice thought though but it is a bit like saying you wish society was utopian, it will most likely never happen.

oh yeah the societal utopia will never happen (well not until the device is finished ) but it would be nice if we could address stuff without going "just ignore it, its in other fandoms anyway" at least its something.

also i'm sorry for the backlash i kinda over reacted

• Brohoof 1

i agree. these forums have now gotten more people who are rude. Everybody was so nice, now I am seeing fights for no reason. AppleJackRules is one of the people who has started up a few fights. He hasn't been on much, so, I really am not worried that much. He is my brother though. I mean, some new members are waking up on the wrong side of the bed. I'm not going to list who. Btw, I understand why people don't cry when reading MLD. They are the type of people who hide there emotions, or, it takes a lot to make them sad. If they did a Rarity (even though she is my least favorite character, but I still love her) one of MLD, I would still cry. Anyways, I'm not antibrony, I just am the person who wont rub MLP in yo face.

oh yeah the societal utopia will never happen (well not until the device is finished ) but it would be nice if we could address stuff without going "just ignore it, its in other fandoms anyway" at least its something.

also i'm sorry for the backlash i kinda over reacted

btw, once someone creates a virtual world headset where bronies can communicate (the ones that are open minded) than we wont have a utopia. I'm pretty sure Feld0 will soon work on it, cause he is boss.