Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why I am a Anti-Brony

PonyEcho

oh yeah the societal utopia will never happen (well not until the device is finished ) but it would be nice if we could address stuff without going "just ignore it, its in other fandoms anyway" at least its something.

also i'm sorry for the backlash i kinda over reacted

Yeah I am sorry for jumping the gun so to speak. I did overreact on some stupid stuff and I feel like a jerk now that I go back and read some of my posts. I still stand by what I said, but I am sorry if I offended you.
  • Brohoof 1

Sorry, didn't read the whole thread, but I did read the original post entirely. I could feel my attention waning, though, and wanted to state my opinion.

I feel a lot the same way as you, Pony Echo. The fandom has its stupid divisions, its 4chan twits, its trolls. It has its critical pricks who'll say you're no true brony if you don't agree with them. The whole "love and tolerance" thing is, by now, a complete farce. We've got our overblown petty arguments, our creepy fringe groups. We, like any fandom, have our dark side. And we have our really dark side, like any online community inevitably does. We have Max Veers, KOL had Kevin Ray Underwood, 4chan has 4chan, etc.

What I guess I'm trying to say is, it seems you've hardened yourself against bronydom as a label, which is fine by me. But I looked at all this, and I thought, "well, that's some fucked up shit" (pardon the language). Then I took that and embraced it for what it was, because even with all the brokenness, it really is an amazing thing to be a part of.

Sidenotes:

On Derpy: I really didn't find her offensive. She never struck me as "retarded" or anything, just clumsy.

On Veers: From what I read, he certainly seems guilty to me, but both the people that supported him and the people that harrassed him are assholes.

On "true bronies": There's no such thing. A true brony is someone that legitimately calls themselves a brony. The only exceptions are those who will cut out everyone who disagrees with them.

On MLD: I cried a little, but I didn't find the writing to be all it was cracked up to be.

On Pony Echo: He's pretty awesome, y'know, and gutsy. Standing up and proudly saying he's an antibrony, then sticking around on the forums.

oh yeah the societal utopia will never happen (well not until the device is finished ) but it would be nice if we could address stuff without going "just ignore it, its in other fandoms anyway" at least its something.

also i'm sorry for the backlash i kinda over reacted

Um...PonyEcho...can I just address this one thing? (seeing as how I have already spilled all of my brains in the other two posts I made :lol: ). Anyway, No one here is saying that we will not address it. I'm sure that if most of us could see the problem (at hand, because knowing it is there is just not enough to do something about it) we would both try to tell those that are bothered, to ignore, and to those who are jerks, to cool off. Problem is, not always we will get the guys/girls that will listen to you at the first try, if even at all. You probaly saw yourself a good amount of bronies (or other type of people) who the moment you try to tell them something so they can be nicer, or at least more respectful to people, BOOM! They slash at your face and tell you to shut the hell up. Am I right? We have all seen people like that, whether on real life, or on the Internet. The thing I want to ask you is, do you really consider that this type of people is so big within the community that you would rather consider yourself an anti-brony, rather than part of the community that labels itself as a brony? I know you don't mind the community in its majority, because not all are people who label themselves as bronies, and you a lot of the people you probably know have the same thing in common. You like MLP: FIM. But again, my true question is, is it really THAT big of a problem AND a majority within the community that labels as brony, that you'd rather call yourself an anti-brony? I'm sorry if I expressed myself wrong, I don't really know how else to put it :unsure: . Edited by Arcanel

yeah Anti-brony is was first came into my head and its something i have been called before (almost as much as hater) so yeah it stuck.

as for whether there are enough of the people who abuse the word brony with in the community, no. but that plus the people who do not see a problem with it and chose to ignore it is what makes it big enough. i mean i have not seen one other person call it out but yet i have and now so many people are coming out with this opinion as well as those who don't. but then again that's not what this thread was about.

It was about me being lazy and making sure that future topics do go off track because of this opinion i have, i'm not rely trying to rally anyone or get any attention and i'm certainly trying (and failing) to get into huge arguments.

On Derpy: I really didn't find her offensive. She never struck me as "retarded" or anything, just clumsy.

nether did i i never found the character to be whats offensive with it

it the way the word Derpy is used, watch the original last round up and pay attention to Rainbowdash's tone of voice and attitude along with how she uses the word 'derpy' (which is slang for stupid) this was what i complained about along with the fact that kid watch the show and will come to the conclusion that kids with lazy eye are clumsy should be called derpy (which is still slang for stupid and said in the show like it an insult. )

also you need to think of the situation Hasbro was in lots of people complain so they change everything just to be safe.

and you need to remember that the "derpy was changed because it was an attack on the mentally challenged" was though up by Bronies who didn't look into it and it ended up spreading though the internet like wild fire. and now derpy hooves is though of as a mentally challenged charactor when rely she just has a lazy eye and i can relate to that

yeah Anti-brony is was first came into my head and its something i have been called before (almost as much as hater) so yeah it stuck.

as for whether there are enough of the people who abuse the word brony with in the community, no. but that plus the people who do not see a problem with it and chose to ignore it is what makes it big enough. i mean i have not seen one other person call it out but yet i have and now so many people are coming out with this opinion as well as those who don't. but then again that's not what this thread was about.

It was about me being lazy and making sure that future topics do go off track because of this opinion i have, i'm not rely trying to rally anyone or get any attention and i'm certainly trying (and failing) to get into huge arguments.

I guessed as much. It's okay, you were just expressing your opinion, and maybe, gather some new...er...let's call it "knowledge" over what others thought and if you were going to weaken or strengthen your position according to what you saw. Besides, if you were really trying to rally people or something like that, you'd almost try to speak like a motivational speaker or something like that :lol: . Plus, you're being reational about this. it's not like you were saying so many curses around and speaking nonsese all over. No, you are being rational over this, WHILE defending your position, which as far as I know, is not wrong :) . We all are having opinions whether you are being exaggerating, or that you are totally correct. I think you are both, but hey, it's like we can do some sort of poll or survey where we can see if people can tell all of their opinions over this subjects. The amount of bias wouldn't allow it to be correct (even though it wouldn't be a bad idea).

it the way the word Derpy is used, watch the original last round up and pay attention to Rainbowdash's tone of voice and attitude along with how she uses the word 'derpy' (which is slang for stupid) this was what i complained about along with the fact that kid watch the show and will come to the conclusion that kids with lazy eye are clumsy should be called derpy (which is still slang for stupid and said in the show like it an insult. )

also you need to think of the situation Hasbro was in lots of people complain so they change everything just to be safe.

and you need to remember that the "derpy was changed because it was an attack on the mentally challenged" was though up by Bronies who didn't look into it and it ended up spreading though the internet like wild fire. and now derpy hooves is though of as a mentally challenged charactor when rely she just has a lazy eye and i can relate to that

In that case, I can see where you're coming from. I'd honestly heard both the "retarded" argument and the "derpy means stupid" argument, and I figured the second made the least sense, what with being a fan-given name. I never did actually look into it...

Do you know what I think? I think this has gone too far, and now that we're at each other's throats that this is only going to get worse and worse without anyone thinking about anything that they're saying.

Maybe we should just stop.

• Brohoof 4

Instead of Anti-Brony, how about FiM fan? I know many people who call themselves that for many reasons, typically because they associate the term Brony with the "hardcore" fans.

Hmmm...these seems like a good idea. call yourself a fan of the show WITHOUT needing to represent yourself with the side of fandom you don't appreciate. This seems like a good idea.

Why do I feel the need to agree with you.

I remember... 2011 - I was a brony. The community was flourishing and full of love. 2012 - adult dominance, L&T is a mere joke, and fanfics matter the most.

I had quit the community after a deep change in early 2012. But I shifted back because of harsh times, and MLP really made me happy inside. I know there are still bronies who are true to heart and still L&T, like me, but some spiraling is happening and new members are catching on with our new community's dominance and confederate bandwagon --some I don't want to be 100% incorporated on our name.

Thank you for pointing this out.

• Brohoof 1

next was before/ around the derpy dilemma, as some of you may know i found the beginning of the last round up offensive and did email a complaint (and i'm sure i wasn't the only brony to do so) so when it was removed to be edited i was revealed, then i saw all the panic over it then it was change and there was backlash so i tried to calm people down and stated why it was offensive and explained why i complained, which was stupid of me because i became a big red target.... didn't end well

There was a good reason why there was a target on you: it was a pointless display of genuine stupidity. And not because it was ridiculous to complain about a minor character in a television show, but by the sheer audacity to believe that characters like Derpy Hooves need to be taken out of the limelight. I thought it was awesome to see a character like her actually be recognized since, you know, people like that actually exist! Bang up job with that. Nice job proving you're not a bigot. I bet you'd object if there was an obviously homosexual pony represented in the show. ugh, people like you are the bane of society. Edited by Sticky Apple
  • Brohoof 4

There was a good reason why there was a target on you: it was a pointless display of genuine stupidity. And not because it was ridiculous to complain about a minor character in a television show, but by the sheer audacity to believe that characters like Derpy Hooves need to be taken out of the limelight. I thought it was awesome to see a character like her actually be recognized since, you know, people like that actually exist! Bang up job with that. Nice job proving you're not a bigot. I bet you'd object if there was an obviously homosexual pony represented in the show. ugh, people like you are the bane of society.

first i'll address the bit i have underlined, I am Bi-sexual and have been with more men then i have women so why would i have a problem homosexual ponies in the show

now scroll up to another post i made explaining why I complained if, you don't mind doing so, because i'm not repeating my self.

• Brohoof 1

I'll be quite honest, I didn't read the entire thread because it was uninteresting after the first... oh... five or so posts. Alright, so you wouldn't complain about a homosexual pony. Big deal, bro. The very fact you complained about Derpy Hooves being wall eyed and maybe a bit slow on the uptake is incredibly ridiculous. If you're really that offended by a fucking wall eyed pony... actually, I have no idea what to say to that. I loved Derpy the way she was and obstinate jackasses like you had to pitch a fit over nothing. Good job. Way to prove that bronies are all love and tolerance.

Edited by Sticky Apple

I'll be quite honest, I didn't read the entire thread because it was uninteresting after the first... oh... five or so posts. Alright, so you wouldn't complain about a homosexual pony. Big deal, bro. The very fact you complained about Derpy Hooves being wall eyed and maybe a bit slow on the uptake is incredibly ridiculous. If you're really that offended by a fucking wall eyed pony... actually, I have no idea what to say to that. I loved Derpy the way she was and obstinate jackasses like you had to pitch a fit over nothing. Good job. Way to prove that bronies are all love and tolerance.

again did you scroll up to read my other posts on this page

i'll just put what i said here

and you need to remember that the "derpy was changed because it was an attack on the mentally challenged" was though up by Bronies who didn't look into it and it ended up spreading though the internet like wild fire. and now derpy hooves is though of as a mentally challenged character when rely she just has a lazy eye and i can relate to that

my problem was never with derpy or her eye its the word derpy and the way it was used with RD's tone of voice i have a problem with

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 1

Heaven forbid a slight dose of reality occurs in a children's show. She didn't even really yell so much as express a noticeable amount of exasperation through a forceful change in tone. You know, I'm pretty sure that actually happens in real life, and probably far worse. Rainbow Dash was fairly tame with her anger. Besides, she only called her Derpy because... her name is Derpy Hooves. You're reaching for a reason to have things changed and your reason sounds like a cop out. I am not impressed.

Heaven forbid a slight dose of reality occurs in a children's show. She didn't even really yell so much as express a noticeable amount of exasperation through a forceful change in tone. You know, I'm pretty sure that actually happens in real life, and probably far worse. Rainbow Dash was fairly tame with her anger. Besides, she only called her Derpy because... her name is Derpy Hooves. You're reaching for a reason to have things changed and your reason sounds like a cop out. I am not impressed.

Derpy was a name given to her by fans because she has a lazy eye or derp eyes to people who didn't know better her real cannon name is Ditzy Doo

also there is the fact that DERP IS SLANG FOR STUPID and so is the word derpy so having a character use it in the show in such a manner is an insult. (just because bronies see it other wise doesn't change that)

also playing the dose of real life card is pretty pointless because that not what MLP is about and how does what I did sound like a cop out when i simple addressed a issue, i didn't send a hateful email or anything i just explained why it can be seen as offensive to people who aren't watching the scene with some kind of sparkle vision

So she was given that name by bronies because she had wall eyes due to an animation error. Nobody should give a shit since it was a joke in the first place. It only caught on and was canonized because Hasbro and the creators have a shout out to the brony community. There is nothing there that constitutes an issue. Let's not forget that people like Derpy Hooves exist and to have them even represented, even as an in-joke, is spectacular. Just because you're butthurt over it doesn't mean the rest of us have to feel the same way.

Actually, riddle me this Batman, why should your narrow-minded view be canonized over a broader range of character diversity?

So she was given that name by bronies because she had wall eyes due to an animation error. Nobody should give a shit since it was a joke in the first place. It only caught on and was canonized because Hasbro and the creators have a shout out to the brony community. There is nothing there that constitutes an issue. Let's not forget that people like Derpy Hooves exist and to have them even represented, even as an in-joke, is spectacular. Just because you're butthurt over it doesn't mean the rest of us have to feel the same way.

Actually, riddle me this Batman, why should your narrow-minded view be canonized over a broader range of character diversity?

wait i'm batman? D: why cant i be Aquaman he's a Much better superhero

i'm not against it am i? i didn't cry out and tell them to remove derpy from the show and she hasn't been also i love derpy too (i just prefer Ditzy Doo like many other people ) all i did was pointed out the Derpy is slang for stupid and should not have been put in the show.

now you have already stated that you love Derpy so i'm not rely gonna change you mind that everyone who has a slight issue is a bigot even tho you have no information about me other then what you quoted. and spent the last few posts bitching at me because i looked at something with out my big old brony goggles on (now with Pyro vision )

now i can keep this up all day long but i know a certain some one will jump in and say "i told you so" so i'll heed his advice and have this thread closed.

if you want you can make a topic about all those who have a issue being bigots if you so wish.

Auqaman IS NOT and i repeat NOT a better super hero he is in fact worse now do not get me wrong here but really Auqaman could you have picked maggot from the X-men i mean sheesh the guy eats stuff with his 2 maggot pets and gets super human stats. then there's ant man HOLY COW got defeated by a bath tub shit you not a bath tub you can't get worse then that. then there's bat man ya know what hes got a social life and that's why hes cool not the bat gadgets but his damn person.

• Brohoof 1

wait i'm batman? D: why cant i be Aquaman he's a Much better superhero

i'm not against it am i? i didn't cry out and tell them to remove derpy from the show and she hasn't been also i love derpy too (i just prefer Ditzy Doo like many other people ) all i did was pointed out the Derpy is slang for stupid and should not have been put in the show.

now you have already stated that you love Derpy so i'm not rely gonna change you mind that everyone who has a slight issue is a bigot even tho you have no information about me other then what you quoted. and spent the last few posts bitching at me because i looked at something with out my big old brony goggles on (now with Pyro vision )

now i can keep this up all day long but i know a certain some one will jump in and say "i told you so" so i'll heed his advice and have this thread closed.

if you want you can make a topic about all those who have a issue being bigots if you so wish.

Actually, I knew about Derpy Hooves long before I entered the brony fandom. Even then, it was still a silly joke on her eyes where I found no problems with it. Even when I saw the episode, there wasn't anything really offensive the entire scene was a shout out to bronies, rather than the "target demographic" of the show. I'd venture a guess that many of the children watching didn't get the joke.

However, you contradicted yourself when you say that you didn't attempt to have her removed. You even admitted yourself that you sent an email to Hasbro about it. Whether or not it was angry doesn't matter. The very fact you took time out of your day to express irritance over one scene is a bit ridiculous.

Blame this on my brony goggles all you want, but the simple fact of the matter is that an innocuous scene in a popular show garnered way too much negative attention over a fucking name. A. NAME! I have yet to find a word apt enough to describe just how asinine that really is.

Also, nice cop out with wanting a thread lock. You're just butthurt because you have no response and you've resorted to just attacking me instead of what I said. Brilliant.

Also, Aquaman sucks. Batman rules.

• Brohoof 2

Actually, I knew about Derpy Hooves long before I entered the brony fandom. Even then, it was still a silly joke on her eyes where I found no problems with it. Even when I saw the episode, there wasn't anything really offensive the entire scene was a shout out to bronies, rather than the "target demographic" of the show. I'd venture a guess that many of the children watching didn't get the joke.

However, you contradicted yourself when you say that you didn't attempt to have her removed. You even admitted yourself that you sent an email to Hasbro about it. Whether or not it was angry doesn't matter. The very fact you took time out of your day to express irritance over one scene is a bit ridiculous.

Blame this on my brony goggles all you want, but the simple fact of the matter is that an innocuous scene in a popular show garnered way too much negative attention over a fucking name. A. NAME! I have yet to find a word apt enough to describe just how asinine that really is.

Also, nice cop out with wanting a thread lock. You're just butthurt because you have no response and you've resorted to just attacking me instead of what I said. Brilliant.

Also, Aquaman sucks. Batman rules.

actually thread lot was recommended by other member as a way to avoid more forum drama not rely a cop out if it was the plan before you even showed up, also you're the one attacking iv'e been calm and rational

also do i rely need to get to a big discussion as to why Aquaman is bad ass while batman is only rely that good when he has a Robin with him hell he's currently being upstaged by Nightwing

actually thread lot was recommended by other member as a way to avoid more forum drama not rely a cop out if it was the plan before you even showed up, also you're the one attacking iv'e been calm and rational

also do i rely need to get to a big discussion as to why Aquaman is bad ass while batman is only rely that good when he has a Robin with him hell he's currently being upstaged by Nightwing

Whatever happens, I'm done discussing this since neither of us are going to budge on our stances. Such is the Internet unfortunately. Even though I was direct with my statements, there's no hard feelings. I'm just passionate against misinformed opinions. Edited by Sticky Apple

Whatever happens, I'm done discussing this since neither of us are going to budge on our stances. Such is the Internet unfortunately. Even though I was direct with my statements, there's no hard feelings. I'm just passionate against misinformed opinions.

it's not rely a miss informed opinion and neither is anything you have said, i had an issue that the use of a word that means stupid and should'nt rely be used in a show called friendship is magic.

and you are not wrong on the account that some people may have complained for sheer bigotry and butthurt and the changes (to the eyes mainly) went too far.

its all good

just never diss Aquaman again........ never :)

Edited by PonyEcho

Batman only good with robin...yea and i bet you thought the dark knight rises was all comic book cannon too eh. well let me tell you something the whole thing was quite bad and on top of that wrong. first off night wing being robin is kinda silly and batman was solo for a long time and then the fateful day when he indeed got a sidekick and had the guy kidnapped.

the dark side to this is that the first robin was killed by vote of the public posted by the comic book company known as D.C and had him killed in the end so no he is not cooler when around hes a deniable asset that got thrown to the lions that day and was ended.

• Brohoof 1