Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why I am a Anti-Brony

PonyEcho

the dark side to this is that the first robin was killed by vote of the public posted by the comic book company known as D.C and had him killed in the end so no he is not cooler when around hes a deniable asset that got thrown to the lions that day and was ended.

about TDKR i'm aware it not all cannon to the comic but i can tell that Noland payed attention to the comics for the movie and i kinda wish it was more to the comic especially with Bane not using venom and Gotham City no longer having character and just ended up being just some city.

well considering that batman solo career at the very beginning lasted one year before robin was introduced and it was the other way around the first robin became NightWing

actually that was a different robin (Jason Tod) who was killed by the Joker and was later brought back from the dead and became the red hood (tribute to the joker first alias) and now is going back and forth between being a vigilante or plain bad guy (hopefully he go's full bad guy because red hood and the outlaws sucks)

also Batman wasn't solo after that because Tim Drake became a Robin because Batman was going to over the edge over the death of Jason and the fact that Batman needs a Robin (but DC has removed that from continuity so he is just Red Robin) and then was replace by the first female robin (who was fired by batman then killed then became batwomen) and was then replace by the newest robin who is Bruce Wayne's son.

we have come to a conclusion thank you for your time have a nice ... night i guess it would seem it is time for me to retire for i have work this day and i shall be off after this post. but back on topic what's done is done and yes it seems as though your actions were what they were the show shall continue and derpy shall as well.

Whatever happens, I'm done discussing this since neither of us are going to budge on our stances. Such is the Internet unfortunately. Even though I was direct with my statements, there's no hard feelings. I'm just passionate against misinformed opinions.

Okay, I know you said you wouldn't discuss it anymore but...woah woah woah! Calm down! I can understand the passion with misinformed opinions (nothing makes me more mad than having to correct them...) but woah! PonyEcho was actually AT LEAST logical in his way of thinking. Tell me you haven't seen worse things, and given how bad the situation went initially, I'm sure you will. Besides, he's not calling Derpy idiotic or something, he's just concerned about PEOPLE OUTSIDE rather than anything else, almsot as if he was a parent. I don't agree with him, but I at least respect the fact it is concern and not just mindless boggus! Why could he be concerned, simple. Just look at it this way. Amy Keating Rogers, the writer who did the chapter where Derpy spoke and the one person to decide to call Derpy, well, Derpy Hooves, was the one who explained to us, that the moment she found out the other meaning of "derpy", she freaked out! The last thing one as a writer wants to do, is make a potential trouble for these kind of things, whether just potential or not. Fact is, nowadays, you CAN'T trust society to not act like it shouldn't. Come on, you KNOW people could have gotten dissed, bullied and such only because of Derpy! Whether it's stupid to do that or even think that or not! It IS ridiculous that people think she will cause some sort of disaster around the children and stuff like that, but the thing is, society is so friggin' screwed up that it installed that kind of stupid fears in the lives of many, whether we like it or not. We SHOULDN'T fear this things but...we can't help but worry. Which is why I respect PonyEcho. He was addressing the issue, and I don't think he was trying to take out Derpy. Were you, PonyEcho?

I don't think he was trying to take out Derpy. Were you, PonyEcho?

the reason i complained is because that version was aired on the HUB were parents and children watch MLP while most bronies watch the show online. when the changes were made i though that changed a bit too much but that was understandable they needed to cover there asses and ensure this never happens again. but the original is still around and is on the Friendship Express DVD so i never understood why everyone was raging at it all never mind the fact Bronie created the idea the it was all because derpy was an attack on the mentally challenged so all who complained are just bigots how have problems with mentally handicapped people, and refused to look at it all from a different angle which was what led me to complain, because i was jumping for joy when i saw the last round up for the first time and it is still m 2nd favorite episode (mainly for pinkie pie and the chase scene tho) but i watch it a second time and noticed it was kinda offensive people need to look at thing from different a perspective sometimes (i.e. use the fairness doctrine )

the reason i complained is because that version was aired on the HUB were parents and children watch MLP while most bronies watch the show online. when the changes were made i though that changed a bit too much but that was understandable they needed to cover there asses and ensure this never happens again. but the original is still around and is on the Friendship Express DVD so i never understood why everyone was raging at it all never mind the fact Bronie created the idea the it was all because derpy was an attack on the mentally challenged so all who complained are just bigots how have problems with mentally handicapped people, and refused to look at it all from a different angle which was what led me to complain, because i was jumping for joy when i saw the last round up for the first time and it is still m 2nd favorite episode (mainly for pinkie pie and the chase scene tho) but i watch it a second time and noticed it was kinda offensive people need to look at thing from different a perspective sometimes (i.e. use the fairness doctrine )

Hmmm...I see...I understand most of it. Well, a good part of the reason why a lot of prejudgement came, is because Hasbro took FOREVER to make a notice onto WHY did they make a change. Only weeks (or I think even months?) did Amy took good heart on explaining us the situation, and that's when the waters calmed down a bit. Since I wasn't aware of this whole ordeal back then, and wasn't a part of it, I don't know all of the exact details of it, so sorry if I made a mistake. But anyway, that aside, I can understand both your point, and the most of the other's people's reactions. I do however think you MIGHT have taken it a step far by saying it was offensive, because, as many others said, this is a kid show. If there was THIS type of implied situations, then Hasbro is realiy screwed up. If however, your concern comes over the fact that society is so screwed up that people wouldn't even care about that, then I can understand that (yeah, this isn't the most unbiased opinion I could come up with. Sorry :( ).

One of the reasons it upset me a lot is because it could of set a dangerous precedent, which thankfully doesn't appear to have happened. I was afraid that Hasbro would start watching the creators like a hawk and instead of giving the creators freedom to tell a story the way they want, forcing them into a box. "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." You want fairness? Well guess what, life's not fair and this show has never been afraid of that fact.

Edited by brian577

Okay, I know you said you wouldn't discuss it anymore but...woah woah woah! Calm down! I can understand the passion with misinformed opinions (nothing makes me more mad than having to correct them...) but woah! PonyEcho was actually AT LEAST logical in his way of thinking. Tell me you haven't seen worse things, and given how bad the situation went initially, I'm sure you will. Besides, he's not calling Derpy idiotic or something, he's just concerned about PEOPLE OUTSIDE rather than anything else, almsot as if he was a parent. I don't agree with him, but I at least respect the fact it is concern and not just mindless boggus! Why could he be concerned, simple. Just look at it this way. Amy Keating Rogers, the writer who did the chapter where Derpy spoke and the one person to decide to call Derpy, well, Derpy Hooves, was the one who explained to us, that the moment she found out the other meaning of "derpy", she freaked out! The last thing one as a writer wants to do, is make a potential trouble for these kind of things, whether just potential or not. Fact is, nowadays, you CAN'T trust society to not act like it shouldn't. Come on, you KNOW people could have gotten dissed, bullied and such only because of Derpy! Whether it's stupid to do that or even think that or not! It IS ridiculous that people think she will cause some sort of disaster around the children and stuff like that, but the thing is, society is so friggin' screwed up that it installed that kind of stupid fears in the lives of many, whether we like it or not. We SHOULDN'T fear this things but...we can't help but worry. Which is why I respect PonyEcho. He was addressing the issue, and I don't think he was trying to take out Derpy. Were you, PonyEcho?

I know I said I was done discussing this, but your post brought me back into the discussion. Whether or not the writers knew anything is basically irrelevant since it's the community who will understand and embrace the joke rather than attempt to shun an entire group of people for superficially ridiculous reasons. Anyhow, the point that says "he was worried about the outside" is complete bullshit. By calling attention to the supposed problem, you're inviting more people to see it than you otherwise would have. I'm not so sure that was the way to go about it. Rather than let an innocuous scene be an innocuous scene, a few people had to make a mountain out of a molehill. Kinda contradictory to that "love and tolerance" mantra, don't you think?

And let's talk about the name Ditzy Doo while we're at it. A ditzy person describes, in many ways, a very similar person as "derpy" does. Ever heard of the phrase "a ditzy blonde"? Oh, and look at that, Derpy's (or Ditzy's) mane and tail are the shade of blonde hair. Wonderful. She's now a ditzy blonde and we're reinforcing stereotypes. Bang up job.

PROTIP: I don't actually believe that, but it's the same type of bullshit reasoning that got that one scene into hot water in the first place. Maybe now some of you will understand just how asinine the complaints really were.

• Brohoof 2

Since the Derpy thing is being discussed, I'd like to add that most of us call her that and make jokes affectionately, she's like the lovable klutz, or the cute clumsy girl. We laugh with her not at her because we love her for what she is.

I know I said I was done discussing this, but your post brought me back into the discussion. Whether or not the writers knew anything is basically irrelevant since it's the community who will understand and embrace the joke rather than attempt to shun an entire group of people for superficially ridiculous reasons. Anyhow, the point that says "he was worried about the outside" is complete bullshit. By calling attention to the supposed problem, you're inviting more people to see it than you otherwise would have. I'm not so sure that was the way to go about it. Rather than let an innocuous scene be an innocuous scene, a few people had to make a mountain out of a molehill. Kinda contradictory to that "love and tolerance" mantra, don't you think?

And let's talk about the name Ditzy Doo while we're at it. A ditzy person describes, in many ways, a very similar person as "derpy" does. Ever heard of the phrase "a ditzy blonde"? Oh, and look at that, Derpy's (or Ditzy's) mane and tail are the shade of blonde hair. Wonderful. She's now a ditzy blonde and we're reinforcing stereotypes. Bang up job.

PROTIP: I don't actually believe that, but it's the same type of bullshit reasoning that got that one scene into hot water in the first place. Maybe now some of you will understand just how asinine the complaints really were.

Hmmm...i guess it's kind of a double edged sword isn't it?...(Sigh)...I really don't know what else to say on this...but...I guess there is truth on both parts. What I think we can all agree is, there needs to be less people who overthink this kind of things, as well as less people who overreact to them. CAn we agree with that? (This is me trying to end the subject, because at the rate we're going, we're all going on a reality show about bronies, and I'm pretty damn sure that people would just PAY for the drama, if it were a real life sitcom :lol: ).

Since the Derpy thing is being discussed, I'd like to add that most of us call her that and make jokes affectionately, she's like the lovable klutz, or the cute clumsy girl. We laugh with her not at her because we love her for what she is.

Amen to this. Besides, having another "aception" or not, Derpy sounds rather cute when in the context we all love about our favorite grey pegasus, don't we all think so?
  • Brohoof 1

Though I disagree with parts of your story, I agree with you as a whole. I've debated leaving this forum for a while, but never get round to doing it because I like to help aspiring artists in Octavia's Hall. I've only met a couple of people here that I like and have become good friends with. When there was the group chat system here, I felt like I was always attacked on the odd occasion I went there purely for expressing vanilla opinions on the topic at the same time as others were expressing their views on it. Now, I must stress that I never gave any extreme/controversial opinions, they weren't filled with hate of any kind or attacks but yet there were always a fair few who'd attack me on it and then ignore my defending reply (then of course there'd be the usual "I don't care. Shut up. Get off the forum" childish reply) OH, and if anyone's wondering what kind of topics these were, one of them was about Justin Bieber. I said that I disliked his music because it was generic and that I wished he stuck to playing his guitar and that I felt the record companies had taken away his youth and his identity to then give him something 'child-friendly' and something 'pre-approved' for mothers. I have never liked his music if anyone is wondering, and I believe that musicians are artists and art is meant to be controversial, ESPECIALLY music. Look at Mozart, he was a rebel in his days and his work has stood the test of time and it will never be forgotten! Ugh, and the discrimination against those who enjoy grimdark is a disgrace! I have never received so much hate purely for my own tastes at any other point in my life. Not even when I'd be beaten down by classmates and also TEACHERS (as well as the head of the entire school, a man who promoted anti-bullying on a daily basis) when I was in highschool because I wore black and white striped fingerless gloves and a plain chocker along with the school uniform. Ohmy, seems I've gotten off topic. *Cough* Anyway, my point was that I was treated with hostility and that is why I have detached myself from the community. I only go on the art forums now, I will never express myself again on this site after this post because from my experiences here and in the brony community as a whole, you cannot have rational hate-free discussions with the majority (like when you stated that you didn't like My Little Dashie and a shitstorm happened). "Love and tolerance" is a joke. It's like when overly religious people say they are promoting peace, only to destroy a building of another religious affiliation. It's crazy and hypocritical.

Lastly, most of my brony friends have also experienced venomous comments from other bronies (Well known bronies to be correct) purely from things as trivial as character design. What does that say about the community when people who are arrogant assholes and part of the problem with the fandom are revered as something near holy by most? Not anything good.

Edited by Enigma
  • Brohoof 2

Though I disagree with parts of your story, I agree with you as a whole. I've debated leaving this forum for a while, but never get round to doing it because I like to help aspiring artists in Octavia's Hall. I've only met a couple of people here that I like and have become good friends with. When there was the group chat system here, I felt like I was always attacked on the odd occasion I went there purely for expressing vanilla opinions on the topic at the same time as others were expressing their views on it. Now, I must stress that I never gave any extreme/controversial opinions, they weren't filled with hate of any kind or attacks but yet there were always a fair few who'd attack me on it and then ignore my defending reply (then of course there'd be the usual "I don't care. Shut up. Get off the forum" childish reply) OH, and if anyone's wondering what kind of topics these were, one of them was about Justin Bieber. I said that I disliked his music because it was generic and that I wished he stuck to playing his guitar and that I felt the record companies had taken away his youth and his identity to then give him something 'child-friendly' and something 'pre-approved' for mothers. I have never liked his music if anyone is wondering, and I believe that musicians are artists and art is meant to be controversial, ESPECIALLY music. Look at Mozart, he was a rebel in his days and his work has stood the test of time and it will never be forgotten! Ugh, and the discrimination against those who enjoy grimdark is a disgrace! I have never received so much hate purely for my own tastes at any other point in my life. Not even when I'd be beaten down by classmates and also TEACHERS (as well as the head of the entire school, a man who promoted anti-bullying on a daily basis) when I was in highschool because I wore black and white striped fingerless gloves and a plain chocker along with the school uniform. Ohmy, seems I've gotten off topic. *Cough* Anyway, my point was that I was treated with hostility and that is why I have detached myself from the community. I only go on the art forums now, I will never express myself again on this site after this post because from my experiences here and in the brony community as a whole, you cannot have rational hate-free discussions with the majority (like when you stated that you didn't like My Little Dashie and a shitstorm happened). "Love and tolerance" is a joke. It's like when overly religious people say they are promoting peace, only to destroy a building of another religious affiliation. It's crazy and hypocritical.

Lastly, most of my brony friends have also experienced venomous comments from other bronies (Well known bronies to be correct) purely from things as trivial as character design. What does that say about the community when people who are arrogant assholes and part of the problem with the fandom are revered as something near holy by most? Not anything good.

Ummm...wow...I can't really say I can disagree, because I myself haven't been in any "venomous" situation, like you would call them, and I won't discuss on something I don't know about, and I won't tell aprobably biased opinion. While I still think that shunning the entire community based on your personal experiences is a bit extreme (because not ALL of us are like that, you may not imply so, but I know you know this), but you can do whatever you wish. If being a part of this community hasn't been the most pleasant thing ever, then you can leave. No one here will actually hate you for that because you have actually legit resaons for that, not just any mindless babble :) . I will however say that, if you are helping others outside, like for example Octavia's Hall as you mentioned, then you can at least stick with that and keep on helping. I'm sure many people will appreciate that if they haven't already. :) And if you do end up leaving the community, then I'm glad you were able to help as much as you could :) . I don't know if you will actually answer this but...whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it was all for good reason. Some of us actually know better than to put bronies in a sort of "saint" light, but since I haven't been in any...complicated situation, I can't say mcuh else about it. I'm just wondering if you REALLY met nothing else but hypocresy and prejudice (I'm not questioning your experiences, may Celestia strike me dead before I do so on this case). We ALL have something we become absolutely biased with, even though we may not realize it. But oh, well, this is just my two cents about your comment. If you wish to reply, then I'd be glad if you did :) . If not, your choice, again. Hope you keep on helping around other people Enigma :) . And I think I overused emoticons...sorry :wacko: . But I do think each fit. Edited by Arcanel

Can't say I've experienced most of this, as I've generally met people in this fandom that are like, "We have differing opinions, that's ok, we can still be friends." But, I know what you mean by the discrimination of grimdark. Namely from Ponychan and the Pinkamena picture thread, which in it's heyday may as well have been called the "CrookedTrees' Ask Pinkamena Diane Pie fanclub." It was to the point one of our members went on to do the Scootaloo the Sadist tumblr, which was a spin-off and got to the point CrookedTrees did a special post in response to it. Anyways, it wasn't uncommon for people to come in and profess their dislike to disgust about how many people liked that kind of thing (I think one went so far as to accuse everyone in the thread of being sadistic sociopaths and that we were all likely murderers and what not. A good laugh was had by all). The trick to dealing with it was to carry on like this:

Posted Image

Told people it's a shame they feel that way, corrected them on their mistakes, such as there's a difference between finding humour in the grimdark situations presented, and actually enjoying it happening in real life, or even comitting it yourself, and continued on with posting. Some carried on, and others actually admitted their mistakes and apologized.

The trick is, don't care what others think. Note that I'm not saying be insensitive to other's opinions and what not, for example don't go spreading stuff around in ways where people uninterested in it will see it (this was actually part of the problem with the Pinkamena thread. There'd be some pretty violent images unspoilered and what not, and the thread was pretty active so it was almost always on the front page, so people would be scrolling down and suddenly see an incredibly bloody picture, so some people came in and explained that, we apologized, and started putting the more explicit pictures behind a spoiler tag, and the number of complaints dropped a fair amount). Anyways, what I mean is if someone comes in with the attitude of "This is bad and you should feel bad" for simply liking it, don't let them bother you, and just associate mostly with people who share the same tastes as you. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to be one of those people that requires someone to have the exact same tastes and opinions, and deviation from that means it's a no-go. Just make friends when there's common ground, and if you have differing opinions on something, then don't bring it up. As an avid gun fanatic and the owner of several firearms, I have friends (albeit not many) who feel that citizens should not be allowed to own guns. The end result is we usually don't talk about guns, but other things we do enjoy instead.

Sorry, this may of gotten off from the point you were originally trying to make, but as I said, I actually have had mostly different experiences with the fandom than you have. However, if you ever want someone to talk grimdark art with, my door is always open, so long as there's nothing sexual about it as well, at which point I ask you kindly to keep me out of the loop on it.

Which that reminds me, I had nearly the exact same negative encounter with you as I did CrookedTrees (now hold on, lemme explain before y'all start jumpin' to conclusions and insinuations). First off, I mean no offense with any of this, it's just a bit of catharsis for me and also an anecdote. I'll keep it short. Anyway, I was talking to someone about grimdark and all, and they linked me your tumblr, saying it's good grimdark, but some of the pictures are kinda a bit much. Took this as meaning they're too grimdark to handle, and went in anyway. Needless to say, it was not all grimdark. Then saw you on here, went to your DA, then had a "Hey, this seems familiawdamnit" moment. I had that same exact situation with a CrookedTrees thing, and I found that funny, especially considering your art style reminds me a bit of CT, or more specifically, it reminds me of the guy who did the Scootasadist blog (can't remember his name for the life of me, as I knew him by something else before he did that, then he started posting on ponychan as Scootaloo the Sadist iirc). Anyway, you remind me of that art style, especially your avatar and the splash image they had for the tumblr, which was this:

Posted Image

Not faulting you in any way, it was me and my conversation partner's fault. And make no mistake, I respect and enjoy your artistic style, even if the subject is not always to my liking and at one point made me pray before the porcelain god.

That Gluttony picture, however, was c'est magnifique.

Posted Image

And I'd again like to state that if you ever need/want someone to talk grimdark with, I'd be more than happy to.

Oh yeah, and what Arcanel said.

Edited by Vy'drach
  • Brohoof 1

Ummm...wow...I can't really say I can disagree, because I myself haven't been in any "venomous" situation, like you would call them, and I won't discuss on something I don't know about, and I won't tell aprobably biased opinion. While I still think that shunning the entire community based on your personal experiences is a bit extreme (because not ALL of us are like that, you may not imply so, but I know you know this), but you can do whatever you wish. If being a part of this community hasn't been the most pleasant thing ever, then you can leave. No one here will actually hate you for that because you have actually legit resaons for that, not just any mindless babble :) . I will however say that, if you are helping others outside, like for example Octavia's Hall as you mentioned, then you can at least stick with that and keep on helping. I'm sure many people will appreciate that if they haven't already. :) And if you do end up leaving the community, then I'm glad you were able to help as much as you could :) . I don't know if you will actually answer this but...whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it was all for good reason. Some of us actually know better than to put bronies in a sort of "saint" light, but since I haven't been in any...complicated situation, I can't say mcuh else about it. I'm just wondering if you REALLY met nothing else but hypocresy and prejudice (I'm not questioning your experiences, may Celestia strike me dead before I do so on this case). We ALL have something we become absolutely biased with, even though we may not realize it. But oh, well, this is just my two cents about your comment. If you wish to reply, then I'd be glad if you did :) . If not, your choice, again. Hope you keep on helping around other people Enigma :) .

Fair enough, but I'm not going to shun them all. I still have a couple of brony friends, most of which I was already friends with them before me or them became bronies. I'm just going to be cautious. Of course I've met a fair amount of nice people in the community, but I've also met more than enough not-so nice individuals. I guess it's the "a few bad apples spoil the bunch" situation but I'd say more than a few. It's not just by writing on the forums that I've been attacked. I met someone on here and we added each other on skype. That person then invited me to a group call on skype with a couple of his other brony friends. The person I knew sent his other friends some of my art work prior without me knowing and when we started the call, one of his friends was pretty vicious over it. He, the one I didn't know, was making some very harsh remarks over my work and that's fine to criticise but I was alone in the call since I had had pretty much just met all of them (including the one I thought was a friend) and they all sided with him. I know that sounds dramatic and exaggerated, but I'm not a confident person, I'm not good with people at all, and I'd never had a group of people being so disrespectful to me before. It was a lot for me to have a group of people I thought were going to become my friend call my artwork literal shit when that's my passion. I've never seen any of them since. I also agreed to pitch in to do backgrounds for a pony game that was going to be made by a few members on this site. When I was in a group call with the person who asked me if I wanted to join (who's now a good friend of mine) the leader of the project and the person to have come up with it was so dickish I don't even know how to explain it. Y'know why he was being a first class ass? Because I was female. Yes, because of something I didn't choose to be. That's just another couple of examples, not getting into the 'wars' on deviantart or the hatemail I receive on tumblr over the odd bit of R34 I draw e.g. the very first message I was sent on Tumblr was "Ugh, not ANOTHER fucking rule34 artist >>" and then after that I was sent a few long messages from another brony complaining about the same thing (I think he sent about 5-ish, all short 5 line paragraphs). Like I said before, it's one of those things where the bad experiences overshadow the good. I'm aware that it sounds like I'm being a dramaqueen, a 12 year old taking a tantrum or a hormonal 'emo' teen. I guess I'm such a recluse that I forgot what it was like to experience hatred being thrown at you by people that don't know you.

• Brohoof 1

Fair enough, but I'm not going to shun them all. I still have a couple of brony friends, most of which I was already friends with them before me or them became bronies. I'm just going to be cautious. Of course I've met a fair amount of nice people in the community, but I've also met more than enough not-so nice individuals. I guess it's the "a few bad apples spoil the bunch" situation but I'd say more than a few. It's not just by writing on the forums that I've been attacked. I met someone on here and we added each other on skype. That person then invited me to a group call on skype with a couple of his other brony friends. The person I knew sent his other friends some of my art work prior without me knowing and when we started the call, one of his friends was pretty vicious over it. He, the one I didn't know, was making some very harsh remarks over my work and that's fine to criticise but I was alone in the call since I had had pretty much just met all of them (including the one I thought was a friend) and they all sided with him. I know that sounds dramatic and exaggerated, but I'm not a confident person, I'm not good with people at all, and I'd never had a group of people being so disrespectful to me before. It was a lot for me to have a group of people I thought were going to become my friend call my artwork literal shit when that's my passion. I've never seen any of them since. I also agreed to pitch in to do backgrounds for a pony game that was going to be made by a few members on this site. When I was in a group call with the person who asked me if I wanted to join (who's now a good friend of mine) the leader of the project and the person to have come up with it was so dickish I don't even know how to explain it. Y'know why he was being a first class ass? Because I was female. Yes, because of something I didn't choose to be. That's just another couple of examples, not getting into the 'wars' on deviantart or the hatemail I receive on tumblr over the odd bit of R34 I draw e.g. the very first message I was sent on Tumblr was "Ugh, not ANOTHER fucking rule34 artist >>" and then after that I was sent a few long messages from another brony complaining about the same thing (I think he sent about 5-ish, all short 5 line paragraphs). Like I said before, it's one of those things where the bad experiences overshadow the good. I'm aware that it sounds like I'm being a dramaqueen, a 12 year old taking a tantrum or a hormonal 'emo' teen. I guess I'm such a recluse that I forgot what it was like to experience hatred being thrown at you by people that don't know you.

Trust me, you don't sound exaggerated. At all. And I know this because because trust me when I say this, I AM a very exaggerated person in real life, whether on joke or for real, and it's NOT an exaggeration to feel like everyone's against after you have had such bad experiences, let alone if you don't quite a lot of "people skills", so to speak. In fact, it's better to feel bad because you can expel, again so to speak, all your true emotions, and trust me, bottling it up is the worst thing anyone can do ever. But anyway, before I go into any psychological stuff which doesn't belong here (which is weird when I'm only 18 :lol: ), let me tell you this. I know better than to say "You shouldn't feel that bad over few things", when I DON'T know what you've been through nor how you feel. People are ALWAYS getting shocked when they discover they're favorite artists suddenly draw a small bit of R34 and I know some of the most famous out there do as well. They don't understand that art is a form of a transfer of feelings, and as such, your current emotion (er, this sounds badly phrased, let me correct). If one just gets the feels of just drawing R34, or even viceversa, they can do so. Why? Because it's a ) your own art, and b ) an artist knows better than to NOT draw what is the current feeling, whatever it may be. It's the artist's choice to showcase it or not. I for example am a rookie fanfic writer, and I write when I feel like, and what I feel like. End of discussion, and I know other artists, of whatever form, do the same. Whenever I see art, I just compliment, considering I absolutely suck at that :lol:. Your art, which I'm seeing right now for example, is great, at least to me. It's wonderful :) . And sometimes, whenever I try to do a correct critique, I sometimes fear that I'm critiquing the style, which someone should NEVER do, rather than how well your art was done. For example, in your ID pic, I think the lines forming the muzzle are a bit too...cubic, for lack of a better word, but I realize, that's probably your style. And your art reminds me of another artist called Imalou (don't know if you know him).

But anyway, back to topic. Here's the thing. In about a month or so, we'll be getting Season 3, FINALLY :D . That means, there's going to be A LOT of new comments, new people, and new stuff all together. in my opinion, between seasons woudl be your best shot at..er...trying to tie knots with the people in the community, so to speak. I know you probably don't trust it much by now, and I completely understand the reasons of why you wouldn't. My advice is, see what happens between and after Season 3, if you try your choice at getting to know people or having chats with. If you can get more good experiences than bad once, and the bad ones don't get that bad, then you should probably give it another chance. If not, then you should do what you probably do now, and just stick with what you know is your friend. Don'0t worry about sounding like a drama queen, because you aren't. Being a drama queen would be exaggerating the little things that SHOULDN'T make you feel so bad. And I know for a fact this isn't the case, because it IS something anyone can feel bad, again, especially if you don't have much "people" skills :) . Besides, one shouldn't have to go through bad experiences that make you feel worse than the good ones can make you feel good. It is one thing to get a dosage of reality, and another is to just get bad things as it was a universe's joke. You know how to take the bad experiences, kick the (which I still think is smaller than the good one, but eh, not gonna bring it up again) community's bad side in the ass to make them good ones :mellow: . So, whatever you decide to do, I'm hoping it is the best choice for yourself right now. I hope you can make good ties with community Enigma if you choose to stay! Good luck! :) And keep on doing your art it's wonderful! B) I'd also be happy, to be one of the good ones to be your considered your friend, if you wish to :).

Also, picking up on something Vy'drach, it's true! You DO have a similar style to CT...you know, you, CT, and Imalou could all make a group saying "BEAUTIFUL GRIMDARK ARTISTS...ASSEMBLE!" or something random like that :lol:

And also, what Vy'drach said.

Edited by Arcanel

Can't say I've experienced most of this, as I've generally met people in this fandom that are like, "We have differing opinions, that's ok, we can still be friends." But, I know what you mean by the discrimination of grimdark. Namely from Ponychan and the Pinkamena picture thread, which in it's heyday may as well have been called the "CrookedTrees' Ask Pinkamena Diane Pie fanclub." It was to the point one of our members went on to do the Scootaloo the Sadist tumblr, which was a spin-off and got to the point CrookedTrees did a special post in response to it. Anyways, it wasn't uncommon for people to come in and profess their dislike to disgust about how many people liked that kind of thing (I think one went so far as to accuse everyone in the thread of being sadistic sociopaths and that we were all likely murderers and what not. A good laugh was had by all). The trick to dealing with it was to carry on like this:

Posted Image

Told people it's a shame they feel that way, corrected them on their mistakes, such as there's a difference between finding humour in the grimdark situations presented, and actually enjoying it happening in real life, or even comitting it yourself, and continued on with posting. Some carried on, and others actually admitted their mistakes and apologized.

The trick is, don't care what others think. Note that I'm not saying be insensitive to other's opinions and what not, for example don't go spreading stuff around in ways where people uninterested in it will see it (this was actually part of the problem with the Pinkamena thread. There'd be some pretty violent images unspoilered and what not, and the thread was pretty active so it was almost always on the front page, so people would be scrolling down and suddenly see an incredibly bloody picture, so some people came in and explained that, we apologized, and started putting the more explicit pictures behind a spoiler tag, and the number of complaints dropped a fair amount). Anyways, what I mean is if someone comes in with the attitude of "This is bad and you should feel bad" for simply liking it, don't let them bother you, and just associate mostly with people who share the same tastes as you. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to be one of those people that requires someone to have the exact same tastes and opinions, and deviation from that means it's a no-go. Just make friends when there's common ground, and if you have differing opinions on something, then don't bring it up. As an avid gun fanatic and the owner of several firearms, I have friends (albeit not many) who feel that citizens should not be allowed to own guns. The end result is we usually don't talk about guns, but other things we do enjoy instead.

Sorry, this may of gotten off from the point you were originally trying to make, but as I said, I actually have had mostly different experiences with the fandom than you have. However, if you ever want someone to talk grimdark art with, my door is always open, so long as there's nothing sexual about it as well, at which point I ask you kindly to keep me out of the loop on it.

Which that reminds me, I had nearly the exact same negative encounter with you as I did CrookedTrees (now hold on, lemme explain before y'all start jumpin' to conclusions and insinuations). First off, I mean no offense with any of this, it's just a bit of catharsis for me and also an anecdote. I'll keep it short. Anyway, I was talking to someone about grimdark and all, and they linked me your tumblr, saying it's good grimdark, but some of the pictures are kinda a bit much. Took this as meaning they're too grimdark to handle, and went in anyway. Needless to say, it was not all grimdark. Then saw you on here, went to your DA, then had a "Hey, this seems familiawdamnit" moment. I had that same exact situation with a CrookedTrees thing, and I found that funny, especially considering your art style reminds me a bit of CT, or more specifically, it reminds me of the guy who did the Scootasadist blog (can't remember his name for the life of me, as I knew him by something else before he did that, then he started posting on ponychan as Scootaloo the Sadist iirc). Anyway, you remind me of that art style, especially your avatar and the splash image they had for the tumblr, which was this:

Posted Image

Not faulting you in any way, it was me and my conversation partner's fault. And make no mistake, I respect and enjoy your artistic style, even if the subject is not always to my liking and at one point made me pray before the porcelain god.

That Gluttony picture, however, was c'est magnifique.

Posted Image

And I'd again like to state that if you ever need/want someone to talk grimdark with, I'd be more than happy to.

Oh yeah, and what Arcanel said.

Going to start le reply with what you said in the last paragraph~ The reason why I acted that way was because there were some comments made directly at me (I can't remember if it was on tumblr or DA) under your username that I read to be offensive. I'm not greatly forgiving until there's a mutual apology. I must admit I was confused at the apparent 180 degree shift in what was said before under your unsername and the compliment. I think there is a long overdue "thank you" for the compliment and "sorry" for being so defensive to the point of causing damage <3 OH, and that picture at the end.. My sides still hurt from laughing so much!

True, I should really stop giving a damn. It's just difficult for me since I'm too accepting of pretty much everyone and I do try to be nice to everyone I meet who I haven't had past scuffles with. Not to mention I don't talk to many people at all. Outside of the computer I only talk to my mum and that's it except from on the odd occasion I leave the safety of the flat to visit my grandpa since he's alone now. I've always had poor social skills and coping strategies for awkward and/or heated conversations.

Anyway, this is getting a little off topic now, but there's not too much left to say in the discrimination against grimdark in the fandom since you've said all I could ever say about it~ :3

Lastly, someone saying that my artwork reminds them of CrookTrees is just.. HNG. I can't even express how much that means to me! <3 It was Crooked's art that inspired me to watch the show in the first place~ I never really thought my worked looked like his though, I've never bothered trying to replicate his style. The closest thing to that I've done it use flat brushes but I've wandered back to using round brushes because.. EVERYTHING MUST BE COMPLETELY SMOOTH. XD

Going to start le reply with what you said in the last paragraph~ The reason why I acted that way was because there were some comments made directly at me (I can't remember if it was on tumblr or DA) under your username that I read to be offensive. I'm not greatly forgiving until there's a mutual apology. I must admit I was confused at the apparent 180 degree shift in what was said before under your unsername and the compliment. I think there is a long overdue "thank you" for the compliment and "sorry" for being so defensive to the point of causing damage <3 OH, and that picture at the end.. My sides still hurt from laughing so much!

True, I should really stop giving a damn. It's just difficult for me since I'm too accepting of pretty much everyone and I do try to be nice to everyone I meet who I haven't had past scuffles with. Not to mention I don't talk to many people at all. Outside of the computer I only talk to my mum and that's it except from on the odd occasion I leave the safety of the flat to visit my grandpa since he's alone now. I've always had poor social skills and coping strategies for awkward and/or heated conversations.

Anyway, this is getting a little off topic now, but there's not too much left to say in the discrimination against grimdark in the fandom since you've said all I could ever say about it~ :3

Lastly, someone saying that my artwork reminds them of CrookTrees is just.. HNG. I can't even express how much that means to me! <3 It was Crooked's art that inspired me to watch the show in the first place~ I never really thought my worked looked like his though, I've never bothered trying to replicate his style. The closest thing to that I've done it use flat brushes but I've wandered back to using round brushes because.. EVERYTHING MUST BE COMPLETELY SMOOTH. XD

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, someone on DA or Tumblr contacted you with my username, and said some harsh things? This is most peculiar and no bueno, as I only saw your DA after I joined this site, and the only thing I've used my Tumblr account for is trying to input commands to Woonastuck. So are you sure it was this name that was doing it? If so, then there's an imposter amongst us, and he touched my ass (bonus points to anyone that gets the reference).

If someone was verbally insulting you on your DA and/or Tumblr, I assure you it was not me as even if the art were something I despised with all my being (not saying it is, just hypothetically), I would not fault someone for having an interest in it and keeping it in places where it doesn't affect me unless I go there.

That being said, I'm glad you enjoyed the picture and the compliments, as I meant them.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, someone on DA or Tumblr contacted you with my username, and said some harsh things? This is most peculiar and no bueno, as I only saw your DA after I joined this site, and the only thing I've used my Tumblr account for is trying to input commands to Woonastuck. So are you sure it was this name that was doing it? If so, then there's an imposter amongst us, and he touched my ass (bonus points to anyone that gets the reference).

If someone was verbally insulting you on your DA and/or Tumblr, I assure you it was not me as even if the art were something I despised with all my being (not saying it is, just hypothetically), I would not fault someone for having an interest in it and keeping it in places where it doesn't affect me unless I go there.

That being said, I'm glad you enjoyed the picture and the compliments, as I meant them.

Absolutely 100% certain, I had two tabs up to make absolutely certain at the time. I've never argued with anyone else on my own art on my new DA except from that one time.
And this reminds me of a moment of the Mighty Boosh...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux_jor2c5Hk

Well, that's good <3 I guess it might be a troll.. Hm.. Try changing your passwords maybe? Though I guess if it were a hacker they'd change your password.. It must've happened on tumblr, come to think of it. I think I deleted them or I replied back privately since I don't see them in my inbox.

Edited by Enigma
  • Brohoof 2

Absolutely 100% certain, I had two tabs up to make absolutely certain at the time. I've never argued with anyone else on my own art on my new DA except from that one time.

Would you be willing to print screen and send me a picture of the argument? Because this is really bothering me if someone is using my name like that.

Well once again let me just state that it absolutely was not me that did it. Beyond that, I have no idea, but I will be changing the passwords just to make certain.

Edited by Vy'drach

Well, that's good <3 I guess it might be a troll.. Hm.. Try changing your passwords maybe? Though I guess if it were a hacker they'd change your password.. It must've happened on tumblr, come to think of it. I think I deleted them or I replied back privately since I don't see them in my inbox.

Would you be willing to print screen and send me a picture of the argument? Because this is really bothering me if someone is using my name like that.

Ummm...guys?..Is it possible he/she was just a jerk with Vy'drach's same username? I know it's pretty impossible, but stilll...maybe it could happen? Or it was it done by the exact same account?

I just edited my last post with the rest I meant to say. May as well say it again since there's a character minimum. It must've been sent to me via tumblr, and I can't see the messages in my inbox anymore so I've either replied to them privately or deleted them. The more I think about it, I'm sure I deleted them. Here's a screenie of my inbox to prove.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Ummm...guys?..Is it possible he/she was just a jerk with Vy'drach's same username? I know it's pretty impossible, but stilll...maybe it could happen? Or it was it done by the exact same account?

I suppose it's possible, though I haven't seen anyone ever to have this name, and it bothers me since this is my universal online name, and it bothers me if other people are using it as well, especially if they're pulling this kind of crap.

Also,

How long ago did this happen? Was this recent? Because that makes it even worse.

Edited by Vy'drach

I suppose it's possible, though I haven't seen anyone ever to have this name, and it bothers me since this is my universal online name, and it bothers me if other people are using it as well, especially if they're pulling this kind of crap.

Hmm.. I've looked for the tumblr page and I can't see it anywhere. They must've deleted it before they got caught. I guess that's why Crooked met your compliment with distaste.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I would too if someone used my username for that (and like yours it's pretty weird, considering I took it from an OC of a story), but sadly, this is the internet. It's like it should be a new rule, almost. "If you have a username, someone else in the world has it", or something. Regardless, I can vouch for Vy'drach here that he WOULDN'T say stuff like that.

@@Enigma, I insist you make a group with CT and Imalou of art, plus everything else I said, if you want/wish/whatever verb that means the same...wait...what if you all three COLLABORATED!? LE PINKIE GASP! That would be epic! Imagine Vy'drach's "c'est magnifique" image multiplied by 3!

• Brohoof 2

Hmm.. I've looked for the tumblr page and I can't see it anywhere. They must've deleted it before they got caught. I guess that's why Crooked met your compliment with distaste.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

CrookedTrees got involved with this as well?

Posted Image

I haven't ever had direct contact with CrookedTrees. The closest thing is I looked at the Pinkamena Diane Pie tumblr, before I ever made a tumblr account.

Shits getting all kinds of weird up in here.

Also, thank you for vouching, Arcanel.

Edited by Vy'drach