Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why I am a Anti-Brony

PonyEcho

So you wrote an angry email to Hub about Derpy? Let me guess, you wrote Cartoon Network letters because of Ed from Edd, Ed, 'N Eddy and a letter about Cheese from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends.

Also, Princess Molestia is just a way for weirdos to get off. I honestly don't give a shit. They can do whatever they want, you know why? AMERICA IS A FREE COUNTRY. I'm also sure that no other countries have laws against what you can and can't masturbate to. No offence, but I feel you should REALLY tolerate people more.

No wonder you say people "attack" you so much

Well, you sure did make a good argument, maybe I should brohoof your post...

Suddenly...

*Reads signature*

*One million facehooves*

Well, you sure did make a good argument, maybe I should brohoof your post...

It wasn't really a good argument, Ed and Cheese were both characters with high roles in where they received multiple episodes to themselves.

Derpy

was

a

background

character

its okay to not call your self a brony. but my friend has a pretty stupid reason why he doesn't want to be a brony. he thinks that all bronies are cloppers and i have to constantly tell him their not. do you think this is a legit reason. message me with your answer. brohoof /)*(\

well this is very interesting, kudos for throwing your opinions out even thought most bronies wont agree with it. my definition of being a brony is that you watch the show and you like watching it, nothing more, so crying when you read my little dashie does not determine being a true a brony or not. to me you dont seem like an anti-brony, but you are if you say you are i guess. i dont agree with you reporting the derpy thing, but truth be told, i honestly dont care about the subject anymore, it was a long time ago, its over and done with. i also dont follow "love and tolerate". the term is meaningless and plus it just sounds dumb when you say it, im not going to love people who bash bronies. so as strange as it is to me, i see your point

Edited by STVB

It wasn't really a good argument, Ed and Cheese were both characters with high roles in where they received multiple episodes to themselves.

Derpy

was

a

background

character

Has more point. Derpy was an animation error, which meant she was the closest thing to the disabled you could get in a fake world and despite having NO air time, NO writing backed up to make people love her and being in general a MISTAKE of animation, something that was never meant to be apart of this world. People took her up, they look at her form, they looked at the accident that what she was and so the internet said-or rather a large sum of bronies-

"I like you"

"also lulz at them eyes, bro"

derpy was the ultimate form of acceptance and ability to love someone beyond their physical or mental deformities By correcting anything about her you cheapen that message. The bronies never said Derpy was a stupid character for being implied autistic/aspergers, no brony ever looked at her and said "not normal, broken. Point that out to Hasbro so they can avoid in future" The whole idea was that Derpy existence PROVED that bronies looked past the errors that make up a person, even if a person whole entire mentality and life style is dictated by that error or can even be considered an error of the universe in and of it self.

The bronies where angry about it all getting modified because it devalued everything derpy stood for, it devalued that she was a out cast, a struggling but none the less happy glitch in a oh so perfect world of harmony. It devalued the relationship the animators had generated with the fanbase which she also now represented upon being put in the show. The fact her appearance was a high five to the bronies also stood as a firm example of censorship kicking in and altering expression between a fan base and its viewers, for whatever reasons. That going to make people mad.

Derpy has her own meanings, her own worth and her message to people. That it doesn't matter if you are a clutz due to neglect or mental/ genetic issues, you can live life happily and be loved by people in society beyond acting as a cheap joke-which, lets face it. Ed and cheese where nothing more than dim witted characters who stupidity was a gate way for random humor, like putting gravys in shoes-derpy didn't act as a gateway to plot nor lore, powers or random antics, we have pinkie pie humor, twilight for lore and celestia for plot marginally.

Derpy Didn't have a role. She didn't need one. She was special. Perhaps in ways that some people may find offensive...but none the less she had intrinsic value among us.

She was a background character to begin, yes. But you are just out right ignoring everything she had become over time. She is not a lingering figure in a crowd anymore, not to us.

Also, you watch the show. You are a dude. You are a brony. Big community, big jerk asses running around everywhere as the population hits mass. Going to happen, totally unavoidable.

There. I posted something in contribution to the site. Time for skyrim.

Edited by MiStErUnMeRry
  • Brohoof 1

Yea, but she's still a background character, I never had a problem with Derpy. The only problem I might have every gotten, was how bronies tried to make Derpy get out of the background and be turned into a secondary character. In Feeling Pinkie Keen, that small scene in where she dropped random things on Twilight was the sorta stuff we should of just stick to. Spoken by Lauren herself, the Derpy back in that episode was far different from the Derpy we refer to now. Before she was "Derpy" she was Ditzy, while she was an animation error, Lauren wanted to keep her as a background character. She never had intentions of ever giving her a major role.

As for Cheese and Ed, the thing I hate is that bronies right now, are complaining about how they didn't get angry emails.

I liked Cheese, he had funny scenes, he did rely in that sort of comedy, but he had some sort of story, and he had multiple episodes. I didn't like Ed as much, but his name was in the tittle, he was in every episode, and it's target audience wasn't 6 year old girls.

We watch a show made for younger audiences, the angry soccer moms probably don't even know about bronies, so why bother trying with this messages about how we should send angry messages to already dead shows?

Here you go if you want to see them for yourself. To be honest with you I think he might be just trolling to see some reactions.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXQr9sdy60A&feature=plcp

another video telling me things i already know, there isnt anything faggots (note: i know the word "faggot" is a slur towards homosexuals. so i apologize if anyone is offended, but i dont even use that word for that meaning, when i use it, it could mean just about any other insult such as asshole, annoying, jerk, unreasonable, etc.) have told me that i havent told myself

ill be honest, i do think i shouldnt be watching MLP because some parts of me still believe that the show is for little girls. my non-brony friends bash me all the time for watching the show, but ill never stop watching MLP until it gets boring (which i doubt it never will) i already have some other mental issues that i wont mention so ill add being a brony to the list. plus i love defying the norms of society. i love how the guy sterotypes bronies. we all dont wear pony clothes and wander around looking for "the pussy" (1st thing i thought of was cats as a joke) i dont even want a girlfriend anymore, id rather live alone for the rest of my life

Yea, but she's still a background character, I never had a problem with Derpy. The only problem I might have every gotten, was how bronies tried to make Derpy get out of the background and be turned into a secondary character. In Feeling Pinkie Keen, that small scene in where she dropped random things on Twilight was the sorta stuff we should of just stick to. Spoken by Lauren herself, the Derpy back in that episode was far different from the Derpy we refer to now. Before she was "Derpy" she was Ditzy, while she was an animation error, Lauren wanted to keep her as a background character. She never had intentions of ever giving her a major role.

As for Cheese and Ed, the thing I hate is that bronies right now, are complaining about how they didn't get angry emails.

I liked Cheese, he had funny scenes, he did rely in that sort of comedy, but he had some sort of story, and he had multiple episodes. I didn't like Ed as much, but his name was in the tittle, he was in every episode, and it's target audience wasn't 6 year old girls.

We watch a show made for younger audiences, the angry soccer moms probably don't even know about bronies, so why bother trying with this messages about how we should send angry messages to already dead shows?

Alright. First, let give you a heads up that I'm pretty sleep deprived and stressed right now so a apologizes in advance if I don't make a lot of sense, make a couple of mistakes or end up just coming off as a bit cold-which I'm not. Trust me, I seriously ain't-

The point isn't about harassing dead shows, buddy. The point is that you if are GENUINELY offended by this sort of portrayal of a character then you should be offended at the -portrayal of a character-not the character itself. Ed was basically retarded, lets face it. He was tall, dim witted in a classic(retarded strong giant way) his eyes tend to look in opposite directions or at nowhere in particular What we are saying is that Derpy about a pony living a life not as a joke or a running gag in and of herself and beng happy and helpful none the less.

However ed and cheese are just insert characters who standard fringe extreme autistic or mentally damaged characters who are there to act as a vessel for randumb humor for the most part, they don't have any real important value to themselves besides being there to supply a daily dose of WTH randumb humor which is why they had ensured survival in the shows episodes because they existed for the sole purpose of a designated role. Those character didn't get the same crap derpy getting and they are far worse and those shows also was aimed at equally young audience-give or take a few years-

Ah, yeah. I get you can be a bit frustrated if you feel they are trying to force derpy into the show but the fact is, they aren't. The didn't force derpy into anything, derpy wasn't anyone before hand, it doesn't matter what the writers named her before she never became a character beyond a face in the crowd-she doesn't have a name, no one stated her identity, her personality was't even clarified-in fact the bronies have been faithful to the shows small hints of identity with derpy, however brief they may be. They TRIED to follow what the writer and animators told us she was but the fact is she up for grabs, she was just an anon pony to be frank and there wasn't any indication she was going to be a character. We didn't need her to be ditzy, we didn't need her to be a character. We saw her and we loved her and as such with things you love we named it, took care of it and tried to make it grow. The moments we where faithful are very clear-the show made her say muffins-we made liking muffins a massive trait for her, to the point that derpy and muffins generally glued to one another. They showed her dropping a delivery item, we made her a mail mare.

Get what I'm saying. We didn't change ditzy doo, ditzy didn't have a name, we gave one too her. Ditzy was pretty much an enigma at first but then the show gave us crumbs-at best- to work with and so she became derpy the mail mare, error of the world and muffin stalker. The show made derpy just as much as we did, in fact I'd dare say the show gave birth to derpy almost entirely, it was only her popularity and our love of her for what she was and stood for that made her so dominant in brony culture. Derpy was never given a big role, we never pushed for that but we did talk about it and hope it would happen because...well...lets face it...no matter what stance on bronydom you have..as long as you like my little pony, you Like Lauren Faust and the fact she put derpy in there meant she didn't just look at us as a vague group. She actually took an element that fans had personal input in that exist inside the shell of the brony fandom, up to this point we had more or less heads up by purely mentioning bronies as some sort of group, not what they do, talk or make exactly. It meant she was in the loop with us. That why we was so hype, that why we wanted to keep seeing her. It was basically a brofist from the very creators themselves on a much more caring and personal manner.

In short, we never tried to give her a major role. We can't force the writers do anything nor the animators. They chose to do that because they saw we loved her, they chose to do it because they saw we appreciated the heads and they chose to give us a talking scene to cement the relationship they had not only with their fan base but with the actual inner working the fanbase-beyond being grown male supporters called bronies-it was a sign of relationship. Of course we wanted her to get her own scenes and all that jazz. We was touched, hyped and ecstatic to see her. Getting the writers to have such a safe and dedicated relationship with their fanbase for them to actually include any kind of heads up, let alone full blown animation and voice acting is hard as hell to get and we appreciated it. We valued it and naturally as something we valued we showed we wanted more of it. The writers also chose to not have her in the last episodes because it invoked drama.

Of course. Derpy wasn't meant to be anything, not even ditzy doo-I'm pretty sure Lauren only announced to call her ditzy after derpy was bought to her attention anyway-but thats the point...she was a mistake, she was relatable t actually disabled or autistic people. When you are under the label of a genetic misadventure you can feel like your a clutz/ malformed and meaning character in the stage of life, but your not. You had value and derpy reaction to her both positive and negative, showed that a mistake, no matter how silly or laughable it can be at first can have value to alot of us.

She was a part of the community just as much as the bronies themselves and the she became a part of the show. The reactions its spark where only natural, to expect anything other would only show us to be apathetic and not as dedicated to the show as we believe to be.

However. In all of this. I have to agree, I love derpy but her place is in the background. She made a bridge for us and she had a single moment as a real character. Yes...it was drama filled but none the less, it symbolizes that the creators went into our club house of their own free will. Sat down by her side, had a drink and have us a wave to let us know we matter to them.

Final note: Of cause no one had any intention of using a mistake. Doesn't well with real life too, doesn't that make it only more poignant. Do you really think when you see a extremely mentally fractured fellow that anyone has had any intention for him as a role with importance or value. Love and tolerate....that what it call came down, love and tolerate.

P.S: Yeah. In the way you see things, you have valid points. Your not really wrong and I would be mean and cold to call you wrong in any form. However it important to note here that your comment and mine show how the whole Derpy drama went down. Both people had negative perspective about each other good intentions. We both feel forced, attacked and perhaps even a little infringed by each groups actions on such a widely loved show.

There. I contributed to the forum again. Time for dead rising 2.

Edited by MiStErUnMeRry

(edited)

its okay to not call your self a brony. but my friend has a pretty stupid reason why he doesn't want to be a brony. he thinks that all bronies are cloppers and i have to constantly tell him their not. do you think this is a legit reason. message me with your answer. brohoof /)*(

wait not all bronies clop ~O_O~ i mean yeah we totally don't fap to MLP characters. >_>http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

people have different opinions I know people who find it creepy but it doesn't rely bother my because if i look at it from there perspective, yeah it does look creepy when ever you find someone who doesn't like MLP just drop it from the conversation.... its just a show.

I can help you with that.

with Cheese his personality and disorder was a key part to the first episode he was in which was about if Bloo could accept cheese as his brother, and then there was the twist at the end :) also Cheese was an imaginary friend.

ED, isn't as stupid as people think, he is the slacker/slob character not showing much attention to studying but has a great memory and attention to detail for things media related, ED can pretty much be a reflection on gamers and movie geeks.

Derpy is just a back ground pony, yeah shes a symbol of how far we have come, but we have so many other ponies, and many Bronies believe the Derpy belongs to them.... she doesn't she belongs to has bro just because you gave a character a name that is an offensive slurr.

Edited by - Elusive -

And now for my two cents:

The issues you bring up are so typical of fandoms.

The same thing happened in the pokefandom and so it's within bronies.

To me a brony is just a fan of the show, so I would consider you a brony.

Everyone is going to have different opinions,

it's what makes us so wonderful as a diverse species.

I didn't cry over 'my little dashie' nor did I find 'cupcakes' so atrocious.

Just hang out with like-minded bronies :3

~

• Brohoof 4

I'd like to share a Methos quote from Highlander for the people that think we should be flawless and perfect, or feel bad about not being a saint.

"It's not that simple. We are all both, good and evil, we have rage and compassion, we have love and hate...murder and forgiveness. Why don't you try forgiving yourself for a change."

(edited)

I'd like to share a Methos quote from Highlander for the people that think we should be flawless and perfect, or feel bad about not being a saint.

"It's not that simple. We are all both, good and evil, we have rage and compassion, we have love and hate...murder and forgiveness. Why don't you try forgiving yourself for a change."

yeah I know there will always be goods and bads in every fandom but does that mean that the bad eggs should be allowed and encouraged to treat people as if they are inferior to them with out anyone calling them out on it?

Edited by - Elusive -

yeah I know there will always be goods and bads in every fandom but does that mean that the bad eggs should be allowed and encouraged to treat people as if they are inferior to them with out anyone calling them out on it?

They're just morons that like to fight, it's best just to let them wallow in their own bile instead of giving them more attention when they're that bad, they'll come around if they really want to change.

Edited by Shoboni

We're not treating them as inferior. We're just saying that a majority of the ones that complained are hypocrites. Bear in mind, they're complaining about a stereotype by drawing upon said stereotype as evidence in their argument.

It's the same thing a Ms Magazine article did when it claimed that 'the character of Rainbow Dash promotes the stereotype that all feminists are angry, tomboy lesbians, and Princess Celestia is racist and sexist because she's this giant pure white Pegacorn ruling over all the smaller multi-colored ponies with her giant white horn'. Both of these are so laughably hilarious that I can't read the article in question with a straight face.

But no matter how you look at it, this is their opinion, and not ours (well, not most of ours, anyway; some people ship Dash and AJ for some reason).

By the way, I'm curious. Why did you change your username?

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

I saw some guy saying that if you didn't cry with 'My Little Dashie', then you're not a true brony.

I chuckled because of his ignorance, and because I'm not even a brony. Also, I happen to find MLD as one of the worst fics in this fandom.

I saw some guy saying that if you didn't cry with 'My Little Dashie', then you're not a true brony.

I chuckled because of his ignorance, and because I'm not even a brony. Also, I happen to find MLD as one of the worst fics in this fandom.

I find that people like that tend to back down easily when you level with them and give solid reasoning, while not reacting aggressively. I usually just say "hey now, that's not cool" or something to that effect, and they become more open to changing their tone. They're usually the younger, ignorant kind of fan who's drunk on hubris and don't realize they're acting obnoxious, a stern talking to often fixes that.

Unless of course they're thick headed, "swagfag" morons who have to hoist a sense of superiority on people, which is usually the bandwagoners, the dudes who jump onto the popularity train and just as easily jump off when they get bored of it. they aren't worth anyone's time.

And my own opinion on MLD is that it was pretty emotional...Got a few tears out of me. I don't know if that's because it's well written, or that it used elements that relate to me specifically as a brony, tugging the shit out of my heart in the process. All I know is that I personally enjoyed the fic. Just wanted to say.

I'm not afraid to say that your opinions have perfect reasoning and make perfect sense, and I respect your decisions. After all, not everyone is going to agree with or conform to the fanbase, and that's okay. You had some run-ins with some more immature bronies and that sucks. I think that it's fine to not want to take part in the community as often. After all, you still like the show, yes?

If only people could actually try to tolerate others, then this whole point would be moot. You don't have to necessarily respect the members of the herd that like poorly written fanfics (I prefer the ones that actually had some thought put into them) or the cloppers (whom I personally find to be disgusting), but you must understand that not every briny is that, and your examples are grossly misrepresenting the community as a whole. Now, I agree with you to some extent on many of your points, but look at the Star Wars fandom, for example. There are many who still reject everything that isn't original trilogy as non-canon (official an otherwise) and rudely insult or flame you if you don't agree with them (receive that from someone once. Not very pleasant.) This doesn't mean that ALL Star Wars fans are intolerant jerkwads, and doesn't mean I should label myself anti-star wars. The same applies for MLP. According to you, if a "brony" is reasonable and actually tolerant, appreciates good literature, and doesn't force their tastes and opinions on others, then they are anti-brony. This just seems wrong to me, since that mostly leaves the dregs of the fandom, and any fandom for that matter.

Judging people and just overall selfishness is the downfall of anything, especially when you have fandoms like this that are based on the opposite. The problems of Ageism and what not that were brought up are big issues in the world and when they're brought here it breaks the harmony and acceptance within the community

Edit: took out all the rambling on I did, I type faster than I think sometimes lol

Edited by slickster083

Derpy

was

a

background

character

I was being sarcastic and making a joke. Read the rest of the post, it was pretty funny for my standards if I do say so myself. Yeah, Derpy definitely didn't deserve to be taken off if the also derp-faced Cheese and Edd didn't.

• 1 month later...

Eh, I kinda agree with him, the bronies did take it a little bit too far, she WAS a background characters, bronies wanted to make her a secondary character that was too much of a longshot.

Ed = One of the Primary Characters which was in every episode

Cheese = Important Secondary character which received mulitple episodes

Derpy = JUST A BACKGROUND CHARACTER

I have to agree with you there, Derpy is only popular because there was a glitch and weird eyes are shes really got. Maybe if they were to give her more screen time or develop her a little more I would care that they were phasing her out but truth is, I just don't.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
ok i'll try to keep this short and avoid rambling to much, i also have to other thing i would like to get of my hairy chest

ok lets get started

I am a Anti-Brony!! and now i sit here and watch as you get all confused "if you a anti-brony why are you here?" my answer would be i have every right to be on this forum but that would be me being an ass hole so the truth is...

i'm not the kind of Anti-brony that you would usually think of, i like the show, i like talking about it and i like bronies based on a individual bases. I'm against the idea that we all have to conform to the popular opinions of the fanbase and those who don't are looked down upon and branded hater or troll or fake bronies or what ever it called now.

now for a little history lesson

I discovered MLP around October and started calling my self a brony around November i then started to get into the community and some bronies highly recommended My Little Dashie to me calling it the greatest / saddest story ever so when i read it and discovered it was average/bad i decided to point out this fact. this was then followed by people say that if i didn't like/cry though it i was not a 'true brony' then i went else where to talk about and not only was i called a troll but they though i hadn't even read the fan fic then i was dog piled to the point i had to do a full review of the fan fic in detail to prove it.

next was before/ around the derpy dilemma, as some of you may know i found the beginning of the last round up offensive and did email a complaint (and i'm sure i wasn't the only brony to do so) so when it was removed to be edited i was revealed, then i saw all the panic over it then it was change and there was backlash so i tried to calm people down and stated why it was offensive and explained why i complained, which was stupid of me because i became a big red target.... didn't end well

and that's when i packed it n and refused to call my self a brony anymore and did hang out with hater and anti-bronie's who actually started to make sense (kinda) most of them do attack anyone who just watches the show so i stop hanging out with them and lurked and began to notice something.

Love and Tolerance had become a joke and nothing more then people saying " it may appear like i'm paying attention to you but your opinion mean nothing to me" its a shield just like when jerk pull out the word politically correct to defend themselves when people point out the jerks.

also i have a problem with the older Broines mostly nowdays because they seem to think that there superior to the newer bronies and even have the gaul to blame them for basterdising that it mean to be a brony when the truth is its there fault and there not some kind of i figure that every one should strive to be there jerks who just want to feel superior.

ok i'm gonna stop my self now and make my main point before i start ranting about princess molestia something that need to stop dead

the whole "yeah i was a brony during the 4chan war so i know more then all you newfags who just need to stop ruining it for us" need to stop the "hey you opinion i somewhat negative to the brory ideal i'm just gona get some friend and dog pile you then end with a love and tolorate to show that i don't give a fuck about you, your nothing" needs to stop and the "omg did you rely send an email complain about derpy in the last round up, you must be some hater / troll ban him from the forum" rely needs to fucking stop, it all need to stop. we need to hit some kind of reset button on this shit because yeah its not a bid deal and i have to work to point this out because as the fandom grow so does this and then Bronies will end up a carbon copy of almost every other fandom.

and that's pretty much it now i can put the link to this on my signature so people will stop asking

now for some bonus stuff

ok can we stop complaining about people leaving. people leave get over it i know its harsh but it the truth, they leave and you will likely still be in contact with them so its rely no harm also we have more fun people joining the forums then leaving so be happy and start welcoming them.

also can we stop the whole troll leaving thing, it not funny and it over used to the point of annoyance, and if i was able to report people for it i would because it tke the emotion away from when people actually leave, its a dick move cut it out.

also i would like to talk about the Max Veers/ Brony rapist thing (go look it up if you want the details). and i'll admit i jumped the gun because well rape is a serious thing and should never be a fucking joke its one of the most increased crimes of the past decade and some of the rapeist don't get punished due to a lack of genuine evidence so they get off scott free and the victim continues to suffer.

now i did allot of looking around about all this and i can find evidence that show whether he's innocent or guilty so we cant cast judgment and start threatening him nor and we judge people for defending there friend, however they are scum bags for how they have gone about it all so yeah innocent until proven guilty but hes still a cunt.

Interesting,interesting indeed. I agree with some points of you ,like that older bronies think they are superior. Also i liked my little dashie.

All I'mma say is that I liked Derpy the way she was because she was awesome. Sure she had a lazy eye and was clumsy, but she was still helping others and the other ponies liked her. I thought it showed guts that they would have a pony with a handicap on the show, especially since she was so amazing. She was a hero in my eyes, showing that anypony, no matter what situation or handicap they have, is worth something, and should be allowed to work and play with anyone, just like everypony else. Changing her to make her "normal" is just saying that handicaps aren't accepted in society, and if that's the case my brother and I shouldn't be allowed to live either! Everypony that sent a rude comment in to Hasbro was stating that they aren't ok with people who are different. They probably think that black people should still be slaves, babies who are born deformed should be killed, women shouldn't vote. Well guess what. All these people have feelings and dreams just like you! Your just too selfish and awful to care!

DERPY FOREVER!!!