Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the hardest game you have played?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

If you want a ball buster of a modern game, try Hard Reset on the hardest difficulty. Easily the hardest FPS I have played since the days of arcade shooters that were designed to eat vast quantities of quarters. Running out of ammo is a very real possibility. There is no crouching behind cover. The enemies come in heavy bursts and are stupidly hard to drop. Oh, and you don't regen health. Despite all that, it manages to not be frustratingly hard though. Oh, and it is quite pretty.

I cannot play F-Zero (original SNES game) to save my life. I don't know what it is about that nightmare of a game, I just know I'm really bad at it.

Definately the Impossible game, or the impossible quiz. Both are extremely hard and I haven't beaten either of them, So difficult to time for the impossible game. And so hard to get everything right on the impossible quiz.

18000901.png

aka the Japanese/European arcade version of the game us Americans got as Life Force.

Salamander has a coin limit. So that means no unlimited continues or the like.

But any of Konami's shooting games will do.

I had Mega Man, the first Mega Man that is, on the NES and it is frustratingly hard. Especially the boss rush at the end and that freaking Yellow Devil. The worst part is that at no point is there any way to save your game. Unless you're playing it on an emulator you had to finish it all in one sitting. Thank god there were passcodes in the sequels.

• Brohoof 1

Hardest Game Ever Played: Surgon Simulator 2013 (Not the steam version) Demo. It hard to control one hand and to get the timing just right, NOT moving randomly.

Ghosts and Goblins for the NES.  Never even got past the first level.  It's because of games like this, Castlevania, and Ninja Gaiden that the phrase Nintendo Hard even exists as a trope.  

Hard games these days at least have save states.  Back then, these were rare (only on games with a battery back up like Legend of Zelda) and many of them didn't even have continues!  You die three times, and the game is over.  Oh, and you'd have to worry about enemies coming at you from all angles, knocking you into Instant Death Pits everywhere. 

The hardest game I've ever played is I Wanna Be The Guy. I have no experience with old Nintendo platformers, and this game is very difficult, even on the easiest difficulty.

I've seen that a few people have said that The Impossible Game is the hardest game, I don't think it's hard. I've beaten every level on it in and out of practice mode.

The hardest game I've played? Hmmmm, to be honest I'll get stuck on a game for about a week figure it out and then never have trouble with it again. I suppose you could say the hardest game that I've gotten stuck on and then moved on from would have to be the original Mass Effect. I got stuck on the bit where you have to reboot the Noveria power core, normally you can use omni-gel but I had none so I had to manually reset the core. I was stuck on that bit for over a year until I gave up started again and this time had enough omni-gel to bypass the manual restart. 

Give Up or Sandstorm on the iOS. Give Up was a huge middle finger like Super Meat Boy, while Sandstorm was difficult to control on the iPod.

• 3 weeks later...

Metroid Fusion. It was the first game I played on my GBA and was the most memorable to me because of the difficulty. I found that many of the enemies hit hard, some of the bosses were very difficult(Nightmare), and figuring out where to go sometimes had me completely stumped. If that wasn't enough, collecting all missle packs, energy tanks, and power bomb upgrades was crazy hard sometimes. That game was complete chaos for me.ohmy.png 

Very fun game, but dang it is challenging.

• 2 weeks later...

the hardest console game ive ever played would have to be DARK SOULS  that game is a bitch but is also a wonderful and often beautiful game 

pc the hardest game uhm unfair mario 

I have also completed I Wanna be The guy, Fan game, and Gaiden, and lived to tell the tale. But out of all of them, one tops them all.

Battle toads........alone......

For me, the hardest game would be...

Star Wars: Empire At War

Star_Wars_-_Empire_at_War.jpg

I haven't been able to get past the first mission on either rep or imp side. In other words: How the fangry.png are you suppose to fight against an army with 2 droids and one lousy group with no reinforcements available while trying to get some data. 

Yeah, they first missions made me rage quit.

(edited)

Hardest game I've ever played has to be Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd.  This is the most unforgiving game i've ever played without a doubt, notes come and you only get a few seconds to react to them and if you are just 1/4ths of a second late the note doesn't count and you don't get any points for it.  This game should come with a warning that it may cause a person to throw their PSP at a wall in rage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2DN9ztRYI

Edited by Riken

(edited)

I played through Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII on Hard Mode, and while on Normal it's easy, it's actually a very hard and really fun game on Hard Mode. 

Chapter 5 of Resident Evil 4 on Pro Mode was also pretty insane, because they don't give you that vest that reduces damage.  Krauser was a nightmare.

Really, the old side-scrollers are much harder than hard games from nowadays though.  I've never beaten one.  People say Super Mario World is easy compared to other old games, but I find it very challenging.

Edited by Dr. Eggnog
  • Brohoof 1

Really, the old side-scrollers are much harder than hard games from nowadays though.  I've never beaten one.  People say Super Mario World is easy compared to other old games, but I find it very challenging.

I agree. I have Super Mario World and I always die either at the second or the third level. The first level is quite easy, but next ones... not so much.

There is a correct answer to this question. That would be Nethack. Some people have been playing it for 30 years and have never beaten it. Personally I have been playing it for about 4 years and only even made it to the quest one time and immediately was killed by fire ants. My second best run was ended when i stepped in a hidden spike pit with poisoned spikes and immediately died. There is an absolutely impossible amount of information to learn, and the only way to learn it is by playing it forever and always learning more every time you die (dont quaff from fountains, kiddies)

(edited)

I agree. I have Super Mario World and I always die either at the second or the third level. The first level is quite easy, but next ones... not so much.

You guys should give Ghosts and Goblins a try.  I've beaten every level in Super Mario World multiple times and have never gotten past the first stage of GaG. 

Imagine games with one hit deaths and you have to finish the entire thing in one sitting.  At least with SMW you could save the game at various points. 

Edited by hawkflame

• 5 years later...
(edited)

Probably dark souls.the controls also suck in pc on top of the already unforgiving enviroment

P.s. the full game wasn't hard.but i've also played the remote controlled helicopter mission in GTA

Edited by Lord Valtasar

Definitely Volgarr the Viking and that game SUCKS. It is the epitome of how to do difficulty all wrong. The controls are intentionally garbage and there are many moments where you have to deal with respawning enemies. This is a game that tries to emulate Ghosts & Goblins with its health system, yet Ghosts & Goblins doesn't have respawning enemies. On the NES! Yet this modern game uses it as a cheap difficulty tactic.

Let me put it this way: I have beaten Dark Souls 4 times (almost 5), Dark Souls 2 once and Dark Souls 3 twice, and yet I cannot even get past the second stage in Volgarr. It just isn't fun.