Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Diamond Tiara

DarkSorrow

I do not like her...at all.

I think of Equestria as a nice place filled with peace and friendship and then litte Diamond Tiara comes along and ruins it. Having to watch her be...well...a

bitch

is pretty annoying. I kinda want to step on her with love.

Don't you have to discover something about yourself to get a cutie mark? So she basically had to figure out that she was rich to get her cutie mark. Thus not only is she a bitch but she is useless, clueless and stupid. And people say balloon popping unicorn has a pointless talent.

I have the feeling that she is abused.

She is constantly starving for attention, scared of her father, while still proud of him.

I don't remember her ever being scared of her father. Maybe resilient due to the punishment sure, but not scared. The other 2 facts of her are true however. How could she not be proud of her father, whose inheritance probably goes to her when she grows to be a mare.

I don't remember her ever being scared of her father. Maybe resilient due to the punishment sure, but not scared. The other 2 facts of her are true however. How could she not be proud of her father, whose inheritance probably goes to her when she grows to be a mare.

Only a child truly afraid of their parents obsess over them so much.

It is a bittersweet relationship.

I just have that feeling.

• Brohoof 1

Only a child truly afraid of their parents obsess over them so much.

It is a bittersweet relationship.

I just have that feeling.

Not true, there is always exceptions to any rule, even if you can't think of one at the present time. I get the feel she is proud of what he does as she gets everything he leaves behind when she gets older and he passes on. So I was just pointing out I didn't see any resemblance of fear, just my different opinion against yours. Doesn't mean you are right or I am right, just a different side of the coin I happen to be on.

From what little we've seen of her father, he seems like a decent enough parent except for the fact that he spoils Diamond Tiara absolutely rotten. And I don't think DT obsessess over HIM so much as flaunts the fact that he's rich and powerful as a means to inflate her own importance by proxy. I like to think that Filthy Rich forcing DT to help with the zap apple jam was his way of teaching her some humility after her little outburst at school. That's good parenting. It's just a shame that it seems to have come a bit late.

• Brohoof 1

From what little we've seen of her father, he seems like a decent enough parent except for the fact that he spoils Diamond Tiara absolutely rotten. And I don't think DT obsessess over HIM so much as flaunts the fact that he's rich and powerful as a means to inflate her own importance by proxy. I like to think that Filthy Rich forcing DT to help with the zap apple jam was his way of teaching her some humility after her little outburst at school. That's good parenting. It's just a shame that it seems to have come a bit late.

I completely agree with this outlook.

I have the feeling that she is abused.

She is constantly starving for attention, scared of her father, while still proud of him.

Abuse =/= striving for attention/bitchy

Snobs CAN just be plain snobs, and quite frankly I like her more as just a rude little brat. Not every character has to have justified or heart breaking back stories.

• Brohoof 1

Abuse =/= striving for attention/bitchy

Snobs CAN just be plain snobs, and quite frankly I like her more as just a rude little brat. Not every character has to have justified or heart breaking back stories.

This is essentially what I was trying to say. I do not think every snobby or bratty character under the sun has to have some reason why they are that way. It makes it far more funnier for her to be that way anyway rather than her being lonely or abused or what-have-you, if they suddenly threw in a backstory like that it would totally ruin her character for me. I hate to see characters like her turn all goody-two-shoes because people find out about her past and resolve it, it's the worst possible way to handle characters like Diamond Tiara imo.

I want them to DESERVE the humiliation they get. I want them to WHINE because they don't get what they want. I don't want them to just be lonely and crying out for attention by doing such things.

I like Diamond Tiara;

1. her design is cute

2. she makes commical facial expressions

3. she brings a new dynamic to the show (if there is never conflict, the show would get boring)

4. She probably is mean becuase that is how she was raised, or she feels neglect from her father, or maybe grew-up without a mother. ~

Edited by Shankveld
  • Brohoof 2

This clip is probably the ONE TIME I genuinely think Diamond Tiara is cute.

But she's still kind of upstaged by that little butterball in the back. Look at him with his cookie and his fat little face.

That's the only pony that I've ever seriously wanted to strangle tolerate. That's one of the things I love about the show: The characters can hit so close to home. I know plently of stuck-up girls like that in my school.

This clip is probably the ONE TIME I genuinely think Diamond Tiara is cute.

But she's still kind of upstaged by that little butterball in the back. Look at him with his cookie and his fat little face.

Then Granny Smith became a boss. The end. :lol: