Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

Resident Evil 5, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Pokémon Sun, and Overwatch. :squee:

Also tried FFXV and Fallout 4, neither really clicked with me though. :huh:

It took a bit for FFXV to pick up for me too. Once you learn how the flow of combat goes and get access to Chocobos it gets better.

I've spent twenty some hours in chapter 3 so I couldn't say much about the story though.

Sidequests galore once you get to the Duscae region. Lol

It took a bit for FFXV to pick up for me too. Once you learn how the flow of combat goes and get access to Chocobos it gets better.

I definitely agree. I've been super geeked out on this game lately. I think the harder part is finding a good balance between progressing the story and all of the side quests. I've been over-leveled for the main quest most of the game. Regardless, it's been very fun! My evenings after work have just kind of flown by since it came out. :wub:  

I was very skeptical about the game, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. I can definitely see it becoming one of my favorites of the Final Fantasy series. 

I definitely agree. I've been super geeked out on this game lately. I think the harder part is finding a good balance between progressing the story and all of the side quests. I've been over-leveled for the main quest most of the game. Regardless, it's been very fun! My evenings after work have just kind of flown by since it came out. :wub:  

I was very skeptical about the game, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. I can definitely see it becoming one of my favorites of the Final Fantasy series.

I'm apparently properly leveled for the final boss...and I just entered chapter 5. :D

I spent literally thirty hours in chapter 3 doing sidequests. I started moving forward with the story but from what I know the story itself is relatively short. I've also heard it has the best villain in the series. I can't wait.

TF2... It's all I've got now other than re-beating Borderlands 1 for the fifth or sixth time or figuring out how to get around the NCR shooting me for no reason in Fallout: New Vegas.

I know that pain with the NCR. Do you have any back-up saves or access to console commands?

Still playing through Pokémon Sun at my own pace, but I can't really do what I want until the Pokémon Bank update kicks in sometime next month.

• Brohoof 1

Koihime Enbu, a fighting game that, like many other games I own, has been gathering dust in my Steam library for ages. I was just in the mood to try something new today, so ... that's the game I picked, and so far I like it, even if I'm not very good at it. :P

Pokemon Sun and well confused af about the pokebeans, how do I tell which ones my pokemon likes? is it kind of trial and error?

Well, they like 'patterned' beans and especially 'rainbow' beans more than they do plain ones, but aside from that, they don't seem to have any sort of preference. A plain blue bean is the same as a plain red one, for example.

I know that pain with the NCR. Do you have any back-up saves or access to console commands?

I have some back-up saves, but I basically have to kill off everyone in Cottonwood Cove to grind enough experience to get to the point I'm at. It's not a good idea to go in to the Battle for New Vegas at level 18 or so I wouldn't think...

I had no problem doing a "screw everyone, I'm my own faction" type save (Yes Man), but now I'm having issues. Might be because the game's factions don't like companions for some reason. Had that issue with Caesar's Legion (even though I had just received the Mark of Caesar they shot me dead anyways).

Pokemon Sun Version! Although I'm really disappointed that you can't rebattle trainers. That feels like a huge waste to me.

That's been the case with every Pokemon game ever so that's not really a surprise, though it does leave you with a potential exp block of sorts if you beat all trainers and are underleveled for the endgame or something but the games are usually easy enough that this will almost never happen.

That's been the case with every Pokemon game ever so that's not really a surprise, though it does leave you with a potential exp block of sorts if you beat all trainers and are underleveled for the endgame or something but the games are usually easy enough that this will almost never happen.

I guess the real problem would be if you switched up your team post-game and tried to level up weak Pokemon. Being able to rebattle would've been a huge benefit then.

I guess the real problem would be if you switched up your team post-game and tried to level up weak Pokemon. Being able to rebattle would've been a huge benefit then.

Maybe. You can usually still fight the Elite Four (or whatever Sun's equivalent is) over and over for the exp. Between switchouts and EXP Share you can easily level up weak pokemon.

Now that I'm done Dark Souls 1, I've moved onto Dark Souls 2. Early opinions is that it's not as good as the first, mostly due to a laundry list of artificial difficulty tactics like losing max health upon death. Cause, you know, in a game that's already really hard, why not make it harder by making it so a boss you couldn't beat at full health can now one-shot you? 

Been on a bit of a CoD rush lately so I've been flipping between BlOps, Infinite Warfare, and MW Remastered lately(with Transformers Devastation on the side obvs(this time on PS4! :P))

• Brohoof 1

Now that I'm done Dark Souls 1, I've moved onto Dark Souls 2. Early opinions is that it's not as good as the first, mostly due to a laundry list of artificial difficulty tactics like losing max health upon death. Cause, you know, in a game that's already really hard, why not make it harder by making it so a boss you couldn't beat at full health can now one-shot you?

It's not as bad as all that. Your health only goes down a very small amount at a time and you can restore it by using a human effigy right before a boss or tough area.

It's actually by far the best in the series imo (except maybe Dark Souls 3 which I haven't played) with Demon's Souls right behind. The rest are meh to forgettable.