Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

(edited)

DmC: Devil May Cry. Love doing sick combos in that game!

And the new Dante isn't too bad. *prepares shitstorm umbrella*

As for me i liked the game in general but the story and the characters its pretty weak and lame if you ask me and dante's personality is what bugs me why take a bad-ass and make him into a 12 year-old finger flipping swearing douche? I don't understand and coming out a hardcore fan

Edited by Desert guardian

As for me i liked the game in general but the story and the characters its pretty weak and lame if you ask me and dante's personality is what bugs me why take a bad-ass and make him into a 12 year-old finger flipping swearing douche? I don't understand

At least they kept his love of being stylish and his humor (to a degree). I still crack up whenever he insults the Tyrants (the fattasses)! XD

As for me i liked the game in general but the story and the characters its pretty weak and lame if you ask me and dante's personality is what bugs me why take a bad-ass and make him into a 12 year-old finger flipping swearing douche? I don't understand and coming out a hardcore fan

Implying the original Dante wasn't a douche and that the new Dante isn't a badass? It's like you didn't even play the game.

What makes the old Dante a badass? What makes the new one a douche? The two are actually very similar in both personality and actions. The only real difference is that the new Dante is culturally different than the original.

(edited)

Implying the original Dante wasn't a douche and that the new Dante isn't a badass? It's like you didn't even play the game.

What makes the old Dante a badass? What makes the new one a douche? The two are actually very similar in both personality and actions. The only real difference is that the new Dante is culturally different than the original.

I know I wasn't the guy you quoted lol, but I think that reboots / character redesigns in general can feel like a punch in the throat.  Especially if you really really like what's already been established in a franchise and / or they muck with a fairly well-liked character.  I'm not a big Sonic fan, so the Sonic Boom redesigns are a mosquito bite to me...  But I think some ppl were really bent out of shape about it (especially now-huge Knuckles xD ).  Their altered designs might not affect game play whatsoever, but it affects the perception of the characters in a way that matters to the long-time fans.

And I can't help but think they didn't really need the branding for DmC (which they even kinda downplayed by going acronym lol).  How many copies did they sell because a franchise fan went, "Oooh, a new Devil May Cry game!  I will buy it and not care that they changed Dante somewhat."  How many copies didn't they sell because a franchise fan didn't like the change?  Could've been a spiritual successor with a character not-named-Dante.  Then focus would've been more towards the merits of game play.  Or that's just what I think - I don't really know. xD

To on-topic I shall go!  Finally got myself Shovel Knight, and I fell in love with it within the space of maybe five minutes lol.  Retro-ish goodness and exceptional yet easy-to-pick up game play mechanics.  I want to say it's sort-of like DuckTales, Mega Man, and Wizards & Warriors had a baby.  That's probably not apt at all. xD

Edited by PegaMister

(edited)

Just some Hearthstone and Skyrim. Yes, i can play two games at once. You can multitask quite hard with 3 separate computers and monitors.

Edited by Bradley-MysteryLord
  • Brohoof 1

Implying the original Dante wasn't a douche and that the new Dante isn't a badass? It's like you didn't even play the game.What makes the old Dante a badass? What makes the new one a douche? The two are actually very similar in both personality and actions. The only real difference is that the new Dante is culturally different than the original.

The only differences in personality I see is that the new Dante swears a lot more (which doesn't really bother me), he's a bit more serious (which the old Dante was in Devil May Cry 2) and he's a bit more unfriendly (well, a bit more than the old Dante at least). The new Dante still comes up with a few one-liners and insults his enemies, so like you said they're very similar.

-Brothers: A tale of two sons.

-Team Fortress 2

-World of Warcraft

-Hearthstone

-Fire Emblem: Awakening

Speaking of which: I'm always looking for people to play with!

So contact me if you wanna play some of the games I listed.. or perhaps you have a suggestion for a game to play!  ;)

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (via Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix)

I actually just officially got myself further through the game than I ever did the original Kingdom Hearts. For some reason I always found the original daunting, but it has been a lot more fun this time around.

(edited)

The only differences in personality I see is that the new Dante swears a lot more (which doesn't really bother me), he's a bit more serious (which the old Dante was in Devil May Cry 2) and he's a bit more unfriendly (well, a bit more than the old Dante at least). The new Dante still comes up with a few one-liners and insults his enemies, so like you said they're very similar.

You know and that's the thing: The original was very standoffish. The way he interacted with friends and foe alike left him being a huge smartass. The new one actually seems to care for his new allies. You can see it in the way he talks to them. He's actually far more friendly than the original Dante.

Edited by Discordian

Can't stop the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, been forging some of the best weapons like Cera Cymmetry, Grongigas, and Bushido and trying to upgrade some others here and there. Around HR 52 atm and am feeling rather powerful, but I have been having a little trouble with the Tower monsters... I'm sure I'll find a way to grind them easier before long though, hopefully... :unsure:

I've also been replaying Metal Gear Solid 3. Just felt like it I guess. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well 

Can't stop the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, been forging some of the best weapons like Cera Cymmetry, Grongigas, and Bushido and trying to upgrade some others here and there. Around HR 52 atm and am feeling rather powerful, but I have been having a little trouble with the Tower monsters... I'm sure I'll find a way to grind them easier before long though, hopefully... :unsure:
I've also been replaying Metal Gear Solid 3. Just felt like it I guess. :lol:

I'm replaying Metal Gear Solid 3. I never beat the original snake eater on ps2 so I'm playing the HD version for ps3.

That game barely feels like MGS at points it's just so random, the general dude will just start talking about James bond for like 10 minutes and the bosses are bat shit insane. I just beat the hornet guy again, how can they explain him? Ocelot makes sense but the rest feel to out there. I prefer the more grounded feel of Peacewalker but I'm gonna try to beat MGS3 before I beat peacewalker.

Edited by Gamer Twilight
  • Brohoof 1

Well

I'm replaying Metal Gear Solid 3. I never beat the original snake eater on ps2 so I'm playing the HD version for ps3.

That game barely feels like MGS at points it's just so random, the general dude will just start talking about James bond for like 10 minutes and the bosses are bat shit insane. I just beat the hornet guy again, how can they explain him? Ocelot makes sense but the rest feel to out there. I prefer the more grounded feel of Peacewalker but I'm gonna try to beat MGS3 before I beat peacewalker.

Yeah, it's weird alright, and some other little things about it bother me too like how all the russian characters have American voice acting... but inherently, it's a great game imo, sneaking around in camo just feels so satisfying to me. :derp:

Yeah, it's weird alright, and some other little things about it bother me too like how all the russian characters have American voice acting... but inherently, it's a great game imo, sneaking around in camo just feels so satisfying to me. :derp:

Ha I tuned that out about the voice acting. Yeah I try to make myself grin and bear the stuff that doesn't fit tonally. On one hand it's a spy plot about CIA conspiracy and rivaling factions of communists during the cold war. On the other hand it's some bizarre farce with enemies that can dodge attacks more than characters from the matrix, and then there is the un-explained bizarre codec calls and paranormal stuff that isn't even explained.

The sneaking is pretty decent, hiding in long grass before walking up to a guard and killing him with a single stab before doing the same to another guard is good, it's more in-depth than peacewalker is, although I find the tone of peacewalker is way more consistent. And also I like the fact that Tara Strong is in it. I'm gonna try to finish MGS3 before going back to PW.

• Brohoof 1

My brother is playing Minecraft.

I played that game for 2 hours then never touched it again. I felt like I had wasted my time, there was no objective, no achievable goal, no possibility of end game. Just building and crafting and destroying...forever. The concept of this maddens me to this very day.

• Brohoof 1

I played that game for 2 hours then never touched it again. I felt like I had wasted my time, there was no objective, no achievable goal, no possibility of end game. Just building and crafting and destroying...forever. The concept of this maddens me to this very day.

Oh well. It's kinda fun to play if you are bored and need something to do.

Now he's playing Clash of Clans.

Oh well. It's kinda fun to play if you are bored and need something to do.

Meh I'd rather post on forums or watch YouTube videos or something. I don't like not having a measure of progress in a game. Most people probably don't care about that.  :catface: 

• Brohoof 2