Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

Well I'm continuing my blood-soaked party of ultraviolence with some Postal 2 and more recently, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, which I just bought the other day. Fun times!

I, too, am taking part in ultraviolence. I'm playing Drakengard 3. Your goal is destroy the gods and anyone else who gets in your way. It's very bloody. :P

Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast (no other consoles or PC, just the Dreamcast) and holy crab-cakes, has it been 16 years since I've played SA2 from countless years of not being able to get the game, and being this close to beating the boss until of course, the inevitable happened that prevented me from finishing BioLizard off. I shut off the console and gave it a rest for today. Now I know why he was difficult to beat from 16 years back...

• Brohoof 1

Been playing the Division on Xbox One lately. Not a perfect game by any means but I am still enjoying it, even alone. Other than that, I am also playing Pokemon Yellow on 3DS, Forza 6 (of course), Garden Warfare 2 and some other games here and there. 

Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast (no other consoles or PC, just the Dreamcast) and holy crab-cakes, has it been 16 years since I've played SA2 from countless years of not being able to get the game, and being this close to beating the boss until of course, the inevitable happened that prevented me from finishing BioLizard off. I shut off the console and gave it a rest for today. Now I know why he was difficult to beat from 16 years back...

I friggin looooooove the Chao garden in that game. The rest of the game hasn't aged so well though, sadly. I have it on 360 and I hope they make it backwards compatible. 

• Brohoof 1

At the moment I'm playing Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and Wolfenstein: The New Order. 

I really like Wolfenstein, but I've been having some trouble really getting into Assassin's Creed.

At the moment I'm playing Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and Wolfenstein: The New Order. 

I really like Wolfenstein, but I've been having some trouble really getting into Assassin's Creed.

Black Flag is the only Assassin's Creed I thought was worth playing. I haven't liked any of the other games. I played it to the point of beating even the Legendary ships. They were actually pretty easy. I was told they were way worse.

• Brohoof 1

Playing "Tom Clancy's The Division."  Waiting for, like, six games I'm interested in to release - and for me to be able to afford them.

Black Flag is the only Assassin's Creed I thought was worth playing. I haven't liked any of the other games. I played it to the point of beating even the Legendary ships. They were actually pretty easy. I was told they were way worse.

Black Flag was the first Assassin's Creed game I ever played (and enjoyed).  After I completed it, I thought I had might as well give III a try...

And I honestly thought it was a piece of crap.  Didn't like the protagonist, didn't like the way historical characters and events were crammed down your throat in the most obnoxious and inexplicable ways possible, didn't like the out-of-Animus segments in the least, didn't like the ending(s), didn't like the magically omniscient AI (that would also sometimes become really stupid and let you pop in-and-out of the same haystack to murder a whole queue of them), didn't like how the assassin / Templar rivalry was handled, didn't like it, period.  Made me miss the hell out of Edward and the pirate's life.

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby

And I honestly thought it was a piece of crap.  Didn't like the protagonist, didn't like the way historical characters and events were crammed down your throat in the most obnoxious and inexplicable ways possible, didn't like the out-of-Animus segments in the least, didn't like the ending(s), didn't like the magically omniscient AI (that would also sometimes become really stupid and let you pop in-and-out of the same haystack to murder a whole queue of them), didn't like how the assassin / Templar rivalry was handled, didn't like it, period.  Made me miss the hell out of Edward and the pirate's life.

Didn't care much for it either outside of setting and the naval combat(Main reason for me enjoying it). Though now Naval Action has replaced that for my age of sail game so AC4 doesn't have as much appeal to me anymore. 

Playing "Tom Clancy's The Division."  Waiting for, like, six games I'm interested in to release - and for me to be able to afford them.

Black Flag was the first Assassin's Creed game I ever played (and enjoyed).  After I completed it, I thought I had might as well give III a try...

I'm hearing mixed things about The Division. The general opinion is that it's meh and has huge connectivity issues. My best friend, whose opinion I trust more than pretty much anyone else, says it's amazing and he's had no such issues.

So I'm not really sure what to think of it but I like the idea at least.

As for AssCreed, I'm unlikely to play any of the earlier games in the series. Black Flag set some trends that later games are also using so I might just play from there onward. The above mentioned friend also shares the same sentiments as you do about the third game and he's similarly not a fan of the series in general.

What games are you waiting to come out?

• Brohoof 1

I'm hearing mixed things about The Division. The general opinion is that it's meh and has huge connectivity issues. My best friend, whose opinion I trust more than pretty much anyone else, says it's amazing and he's had no such issues.

So I'm not really sure what to think of it but I like the idea at least.

As for AssCreed, I'm unlikely to play any of the earlier games in the series. Black Flag set some trends that later games are also using so I might just play from there onward. The above mentioned friend also shares the same sentiments as you do about the third game and he's similarly not a fan of the series in general.

What games are you waiting to come out?

Despite not usually being much for shooters, I'm enjoying "The Division" so far, and I haven't had that many connectivity issues (and I have crap internet).

Star Fox Zero (Wii U), Zelda (Wii U; assuming it isn't pushed to the NX), Dragon Quest VII (3DS), Dragon Quest VIII (not sure if that's confirmed for the U.S. yet, though), Final Fantasy VII (even though I dislike that it's episodic), DOOM, and maybe one other that I'm forgetting.

Despite not usually being much for shooters, I'm enjoying "The Division" so far, and I haven't had that many connectivity issues (and I have crap internet).

Star Fox Zero (Wii U), Zelda (Wii U; assuming it isn't pushed to the NX), Dragon Quest VII (3DS), Dragon Quest VIII (not sure if that's confirmed for the U.S. yet, though), Final Fantasy VII (even though I dislike that it's episodic), DOOM, and maybe one other that I'm forgetting.

Dragon Quest VII is the only other DQ game I've ever been interested in besides DQVIII. I don't generally like the series but I loved VIII and VII is supposedly better.

I don't think the "episodic" nature of FFVII is going to mean what people think it means. They've legitimately said there'll be a full-game experience in each episode so I expect to be "episodic" in the same sense as the FFXIII trilogy. Maybe a bit more connectivity between the episodes based on what you do in each one.

<__< >__> Is the last game Kingdom Hearts 3? Cuz I'm jonesin' pretty bad for that game.

• Brohoof 1

Dragon Quest VII is the only other DQ game I've ever been interested in besides DQVIII. I don't generally like the series but I loved VIII and VII is supposedly better.

I don't think the "episodic" nature of FFVII is going to mean what people think it means. They've legitimately said there'll be a full-game experience in each episode so I expect to be "episodic" in the same sense as the FFXIII trilogy. Maybe a bit more connectivity between the episodes based on what you do in each one.

<__< >__> Is the last game Kingdom Hearts 3? Cuz I'm jonesin' pretty bad for that game.

I'm fonder, overall, of DQ than I am of FF, and I've at least played (and mostly enjoyed) DQ, DQII, III, IV, V, VI, and IX (admittedly only completed the last four listed - and in their DS incarnations).  I'm especially eager to play VII and VIII, never having had the chance before.

Maybe.  I hope so.  The word "episodic," where video games are concerned, has come to worry me, is the main thing.  Maybe if the first episode encompassed, for example, all of the events in Midgar it wouldn't be a big deal.

I've actually never played a Kingdom Hearts game for more than, like, twenty minutes.

I'm fonder, overall, of DQ than I am of FF, and I've at least played (and mostly enjoyed) DQ, DQII, III, IV, V, VI, and IX (admittedly only completed the last four listed - and in their DS incarnations).  I'm especially eager to play VII and VIII, never having had the chance before.

Maybe.  I hope so.  The word "episodic," where video games are concerned, has come to worry me, is the main thing.  Maybe if the first episode encompassed, for example, all of the events in Midgar it wouldn't be a big deal.

I've actually never played a Kingdom Hearts game for more than, like, twenty minutes.

I'm the opposite. Of what I've played the DQ series is way too traditional for me and I care little about the quirks people typically like the series for. I like FF considerably more, sometimes purely for the fact that every single game in the series changes so drastically from the last.

It's a shame. Kingdom Hearts is one of my all time favorite game series'. A lot of people can't look past the Disney parts but for me it's all the non-Disney stuff that keeps me coming back. I also have the unpopular opinion that the KH series would be better if they didn't cling to the Disney stuff so hard. Which has been partially proven by the best games in the series being the ones that stayed furthest away from the Disney storylines, even if you were still in the Disney worlds.

I'm the opposite. Of what I've played the DQ series is way too traditional for me and I care little about the quirks people typically like the series for. I like FF considerably more, sometimes purely for the fact that every single game in the series changes so drastically from the last.

I like that I more or less know what I'm gonna get with a Dragon Quest game.  In the case of FF, one game is virtually unrecognizable from another (with certain exceptions), and it is therefore difficult for me to determine if I'm going to enjoy a particular entry.  The Dragon Quest series feels like one very long - but enjoyably familiar - game.

I like that I more or less know what I'm gonna get with a Dragon Quest game.  In the case of FF, one game is virtually unrecognizable from another (with certain exceptions), and it is therefore difficult for me to determine if I'm going to enjoy a particular entry.  The Dragon Quest series feels like one very long - but enjoyably familiar - game.

Familiarity has its place, I suppose. I guess it's simply a difference in philosophies here. I have a tendency to like every game ever, but I like it more when things change. I like to see new things out of a series. I'm going to like it regardless so I guess that changes the way I see it. I don't have to pick and choose if everything is yes.