Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

I was just playing Halo Anniversary.

The game gives off a very strange feeling of nostalgia while at the same time feels like a new game.

The graphics are well done and detailed though it is easy to notice the limitations the game has do to the old physics engine.

One of the most annoying sites are the attempts to compensate for the limit of only the bottom jaw having capability of moving which when combined with modern animation just leaves a silly look.

The graphics are well done and detailed though it is easy to notice the limitations the game has do to the old physics engine.

I... really wish they would've just gone for a proper remake. Granted, the Anniversary treatment is FAR better than the near constant slew of half-assed "HD remakes" of last gen games that other developers have been spitting out, but still. -_-

I... really wish they would've just gone for a proper remake.

I'm not sure what you mean by a proper remake. Do you mean you would prefer just an HD re-shipping or that they should have completely remade it (new physics engine, etc.)?

I'm not sure what you mean by a proper remake. Do you mean you would prefer just an HD re-shipping or that they should have completely remade it (new physics engine, etc.)?

Complete remake. I can think of a lot of places that could have benefited from a complete redesign, rather than simply a graphical upgrade.

Complete remake.

But it wouldn't be Halo: CE anymore, and that's the whole point. It would have been Reach 1.5 if that happened.

I'm playing Super Meat Boy again after finding out about the Remnant levels. I was all, "20 more levels?"

Posted Image

But it wouldn't be Halo: CE anymore, and that's the whole point. It would have been Reach 1.5 if that happened.

I'd like to point at Resident Evil for the Gamecube as a prime example of the wonders that a proper remake can do for an older game. ;)

On Xbox I've played Gears of War 3 when my friends are online. Though I've been playing Saints Row 1 & 2 since I'm buying 3 here soon!

On PS3 I have a save on Batman Arkham City that I've neglected to finish.

On PC I've been playing Pony Fortress (Heavily skin swaped Team Fortress 2)