Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would humans react to ponies if they invaded our planet?

jackleapp81

Me and my friend were talking about My Little Pony one day. Somehow or another, we arrived at the topic of how humans would react if My Little Pony characters came to planet earth.

"I believe that humans would accept the addition of ponies into our society. They're bright, colorful, happy, helpful creatures (with only a few exceptions). There would be no reason for humans to react with hostility." I said.

"My friend, you are very wrong. Think about it. Even bronies would freak out if ponies actually came to earth. They would be treated like alien life forms. The government would capture them and perform experiments on them against their will. Even if some ponies did escape, they wouldn't have a chance of being accepted into society. Because they are so different, they would never fit in." my friend said.

"You seem to have forgotten that ponies (from the FiM universe at least) are very, very similar to human beings. They can speak English, and operate with a degree of intelligence on par with our own. Humans would think twice before they banished or rejected them completely. Plus, the ponies would have no intention but to seek peace. Humans would react positively to that." I said.

My friend laughed at this.

"What an ignorant fool. Have you ever read the book "Metamorphasis" by Kafka? Humans react badly to drastic changes in appearances, values, and mind-sets. Whether they like it or not, humans judge others harshly. Look at how black people and Asians were treated when they first arrived in our country. Heck, we still have racism today! Imagine how intensified that racism would be towards ponies. It would take years for them to integrate into our society." he said.

"Aha! So you at least admit that it's possible for them to assimilate. Consider this: The man in Kafka's story was transformed into a giant cockroach. Wouldn't you agree that a giant cockroach is much more horrifying than a tiny pony who barely comes up to your waist? Their appearance is different, but not frighteningly so. Combine that with their ability to think and comprehend things at the same level as us, I think they'd assimilate faster than you'd think."

After this statement, my friend and I benched the conversation until later. I was so intrigued by our discussion, that I thought I'd post it here to see what you guys think. Do you think that my friend is correct to assume that ponies would be shunned, killed, or experimented on upon their arrival?

• Brohoof 1

There is a whole genre of fanfic about Ponies invading and forcibly converting humans, it's called "The Conversion Bureau" Posted Image

It's doesn't really matter what the form or color, if something is invading our planet, humans will react violently.

If them ponies only come to pay a visit, maybe we won't kill them on sight and will only just capture some of the ponies to dissect.

Need more information about in what manner the ponies even get to this planet

• Brohoof 1

Since we can't really accurately predict how ponies would get here, let's simplify things and say that the ponies would arrive via a mass teleportation spell. With no warning or indication that they were coming. All over the world, ponies would just appear out of thin air, and the humans would be left to react accordingly.

Edited by jackleapp81

Would likely cause a civil war between people that want to harm the ponies (whether from experimentation or just hatred), and those that love and would want to protect them. Also would likely be a three way civil war between the two previous factions, and at least some cloppers that aren't bothered by them being miniature equines.

• Brohoof 2

the ponies would arrive via a mass teleportation spell. With no warning or indication that they were coming.

Are the ponies prepared? How will they react to humans? Instantly hug them or screaming bloody murder?

On the second case, all the ponies will be captured and be caged in some facilities, those who fight will be killed on the spot, and those who are too powerful to subdue (presumably Twilight-like unicorns and Alicorns) will try to free their fellow ponies, resulting in a good rumble which will end with hundreds of dead humans. Of course after this all the military might in the world will works together to annihilate the surviving Alicorns

But, if it was the first case, then things will get awkward real quick. Some humans will freak out, some will try to protect the ponies, some will try to herd and eat the ponies instead

Either way, things will not go well Posted Image

Edited by Star Weaver

This actually reminds me a lot of the movie "District 9", except in this case, the ponies are scattered all over the world and not in just one single colony. One thing I forgot to consider is if the ponies would want to associate us? There's a small group of Asian kids at the college I go to, and they tend to stick together. They rarely speak with the American students. That was the case in District 9 as well.SPOILER ALERT: It wasn't until the main prototanist transformed into an alien himself that he realized that the aliens were more similar to humans than he had initially imagined.

Unfortunately, I don't think the ponies would have a spell to make humans see their perspective on things if they did react negatively. Or maybe they do. It's impossible to know I suppose. If we assume that they did (and they might judging by how many spell books they have), then perhaps disaster could be averted. If their magic works on earth, that is. I forgot to think about that part of it

Remember, humans have this weird tendency to freak out whenever something different suddenly appears around them Posted Image

Just imagine, a normal human society doing normal human activities, then out of freaking nowhere a bunch of colorful ponies appeared and started blabbering how they should be friends and how the ponies would love to co-exist with humans.

I bet all of my kidneys somehuman will start screaming how the ponies are demons incarnate, while others are just too scared or confused to say anything Posted Image

Are the ponies prepared? How will they react to humans? Instantly hug them or screaming bloody murder?

Posted Image

Ooh, hadn't thought of that. Well, assuming the unicorn ponies' magic works, I'd say they'd be adequately prepared for conflict. Pegasus ponies would be able to avoid the humans if they chose to attack, but earth ponies would be kind of screwed. I think the ponies, if presented with a perfectly normal, neutral, non-panicking human being would kindly inquire about him and his species. They'd be a bit spooked at first, but they must have had some idea of what humans were before they came to earth, so maybe they wouldn't be as afraid of them when they arrived. I'd like to think that they'd get along with the humans provided they are neutral or kind towards the ponies, but I may be a bit too optimistic about their initial encounters, especially since it would be a HUGE surprise to the humans

Edited by jackleapp81

I think the ponies, if presented with a perfectly normal, neutral, non-panicking human being would kindly inquire about him and his species.

Now that's where shit hit the fan.

We all knows how well humans react to anything magic. One human can be reasonable, but how about hundreds? A panicking human can easily spark a riot.

And don't forget, ponies are the stranger here. They better have a very good reason why they suddenly appears on Earth.

And don't forget, ponies are the stranger here. They better have a very good reason why they suddenly appears on Earth.

Especially en masse. Combining a mass appearance in heavily populated areas with the way mob mentality works would create a pretty big shitfest.

The only way I see this working is slow, generational conversion though mutual world connection, and even then, our side would probably try to take over Equestria for it's untapped resources/attempts at controlling the inherent magic.

• Brohoof 1

I can picture a 'District 9' situation.

Us humans can't even accept minorities in our own species, I find it hard to believe that the public would fully accept another sapient species without discrimination; Regardless how cute they look.

humans are disgusting creatures. We have an irrational fear of change, and I weep for us. It will inevitably lead to our downfall.

Edited by Eljordo
  • Brohoof 2

Talking about where I live(in the middle of Europe) probably nothing would happen. People here are often grumpy but harmless and the politicians are afraid of any kind of conflict. So they probably would ask them nicely to integrate in our society and not causing any trouble. The adults may be sceptical but I doubt there will be any attacks on ponies.

There may be some panic in the first weeks(more of the "Please colorful ponies don't kill us" kind), but after that people would simply stop caring.

Edited by Wildcard

Not to mention ponies appearing en masse would prompt that one asshole brony to suddenly hop up on a conveniently placed soap box and begin spewing lines such as "THEY'VE FINALLY COME TO OVERTHROW OUR SOCIETY AND REPLACE IT WITH ONE BUILT UPON THE IDEALS OF LOVE AND TOLERANCE, AND WILL UNITE THE WORLD!"

Which will then make most people view them as hostile and dangerous invaders, which will effectively screw any chance the ponies have for a peaceful visit.

As far as I'd be concerned on the matter:

Posted Image

Edited by Vy'drach
  • Brohoof 5

Us humans can't even accept minorities in our own species, I find it hard to believe that the public would fully accept another sapient species without discrimination; Regardless how cute they look.

A war would be unfortunate, but the silver lining would be that racism would likely die out, as everyone would have something else to hate.

Funny how that works. (No, no it's not.)

Well, shoot, I guess you're right. If they arrive in the incredibly widespread manner that I suggested, chaos would inevitably arise, regardless of the ponies' true intentions. They would need a pony representative to arrive first and tell them of the forthcoming herd. Kind of like Jesus when he went around preaching the word of God to (then) ignorant ears. Now Christianity is a widely accepted religion, so perhaps a pony representative would be a good choice to start out with to avoid conflict when the ponies do arrive in large numbers.

I realize that I'm comparing the ponies to God, but I know that the comparison is largely invalid since God Does not manifest himself in physical form like the ponies would, and also God is not as widespread (at least not in a physical sense). But I do think that a single pony representative could still lessen the shock of the humans considerably if he let them know of the coming of the ponies enough in advance, and in a very public way, so that the news reached other countries around the world

• Brohoof 2

I think it depends a lot on where the ponies would arrive. I am sure things would escalate if they invade one of the "big" countries like China, America or Russia, but if they would come to smaller European countries I think it wouldn't be too much of a problem

A war would be unfortunate, but the silver lining would be that racism would likely die out, as everyone would have something else to hate.

hmmmmm, maybe not a full blown war, but racism xenophobia would be a major issue for a long time. Us humans are too used to being the only sapient species around; because of this, we are a very arrogant species. We would very likely try and hold ourselves above them.

The fact that their species resembles our earthly equines wouldn't help in the slightest either.

Anyways, the human race has a hard enough time tolerating itself as it is, let alone an alien species that resembles cartoon ponies.

Edited by Eljordo

Well, having a common enemy can do wonders to unite a warring race Posted Image

hey would need a pony representative to arrive first and tell them of the forthcoming herd. Kind of like Jesus when he went around preaching the word of God to (then) ignorant ears. Now Christianity is a widely accepted religion, so perhaps a pony representative would be a good choice to start out with to avoid conflict when the ponies do arrive in large numbers.

Remember, it took more than a century for Christianity to be widely accepted. I rather doubt ponies can last that long surrounded with humans with nifty machines of death

hmmmmm, maybe not a full blown war, but racism would be a major issue for a long time. Us humans are too used to being the only sapient species around; because of this, we are a very arrogant species. We would very likely try and hold ourselves above them.

Well, that's the difference. It's not racism to hate something of a different species. That's called xenophobia.

It's still terrible.

Well, that's the difference. It's not racism to hate something of a different species. That's called xenophobia.

It's still terrible.

Doh! x(

well, disregarding my incorrect terminology, I still believe my point stands. Ponies would not be accepted for a long time.

This kind of makes me wonder (and it's a bit disgusting) but how would hardcore cloppers react? Hah, not quite sure I WANT to know.

In all seriousness though, I can definately see a situation similar to racism occurring. It'd probably be worse though, if you also factor in how they are a different species completely and not just another race.

We bronies would welcome them with loving arms though. And considering the slowly rising amount of bronies, we'd probably try to protect them in some way.

Edited by YeahManWAZZAP
  • Brohoof 1

The sapient MLP FIM Ponies would most likely win the resulting war we started with them by magic (immortal (maybe) Ponies and help from other Humans that willingly sided with them) if war was to even happen.

When they win the war, being the good nature beings they are they would not wipe (seeing good in us and that not all Humans are evil) our race out nor try turn us all into Ponies, if they are truly a representation of the good Ponies from MLP FIM. They would help us rebuild and enlighten us and not rule us with a Iron Hoof (ruled by both Humans and Ponies) to change our war like ways to a new age of peace and prosperity.

They may even grow to love us, and we may even see Human and Pony Love Pride Parades holding signs of both races kissing and stuff. As well as peaceful groups pursuing rights for Human And Pony relationships peacefully.

And who knows? We may even see Humans and MLP Ponies having Human And Pony hybrid babies like centaurs maybe?

Edited by Rush

There's really no sign that Celestia and Luna are immortal. Timeless, perhaps, but the amount of armed guards they have around and ones that intentionally step between Celestia and a threat shows that she is not invulnerable. I imagine Celestia and Luna are mortal in the sense that they can be killed.

• Brohoof 1

There's really no sign that Celestia and Luna are immortal. Timeless, perhaps, but the amount of armed guards they have around and ones that intentionally step between Celestia and a threat shows that she is not invulnerable. I imagine Celestia and Luna are mortal in the sense that they can be killed.

You may be right, but they would still use force field magic to protect themselves from anything we could hit them with (maybe not nukes) as well as teleport away from us, and in general kill us with magic and aid the Humans that sided with them with magic to help them win the war.

Edited by Rush