Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would humans react to ponies if they invaded our planet?

jackleapp81

Going purely by the OP title, in the case that they are invading us, we will do what we always do when attacked. Fight back.

Now, in the case of Equestria either appearing in our world, or a portal of some sort opening up to link our worlds, or maybe mars gets replaced by Equestria, doesn't really matter how (the difference only being how we go about meeting them and being able to do anything to or with them) It would be...a very thin tightrope. If the ponies clearly appeared to be friendly and peaceful, most people probably wouldn't react horribly to them.

maybe mars gets replaced by Equestria,

post-6061-0-33402900-1348923721.jpg

Dear god man! That would cause more initial panic then the ponies appearing out of nowhere,there it would be udder chaos.

Religious people would be screaming it was the end of days, every shop would end up looted and riots. Hah and then when the magical ponies formed a bridge even more panic would rise!

But hay, it could go either way, the Government could either wanna start fighting (apparently in defence) or try to understand the them, and throw us all, both human and pony alike into a new golden age, they get technology and we get magic. win win

• Brohoof 1

post-6061-0-33402900-1348923721.jpg

Dear god man! That would cause more initial panic then the ponies appearing out of nowhere,there it would be udder chaos.

Religious people would be screaming it was the end of days, every shop would end up looted and riots. Hah and then when the magical ponies formed a bridge even more panic would rise!

But hay, it could go either way, the Government could either wanna start fighting (apparently in defence) or try to understand the them, and throw us all, both human and pony alike into a new golden age, they get technology and we get magic. win win

I was just throwing out suggestions. And as much as that image makes Mars (actually, that doesn't even look like mars) close to Earth, there would be no real reason to panic (considering that Earth and Mars are definitively distant from each other). The first people to notice anything at all would be NASA and other space agencies, as well as astronomers. Then the government would learn, and would do its damn best to conceal the knowledge that the Red planet has suddenly been replaced with an Earth like (or since my theory is that Equestria is on an alternate Earth, a world that resembles Earth almost to a T) planetoid (said governments would, in the Information Age we live in, fail utterly)

As for attacking, theoretically only Equestria would be able to do that, and technically it'd only be Celestia and Luna who would be able to do that. We don't have the tech to launch any sort of invasion of a theoretical Equestria that replaced mars.

As with most foreign things, humans would probably freak out even hate the ponies for a while. If we humans get irritated at immigrants coming into our respective countries and have reacted hostily to peoples of other races, how much more will we treat sentient, talking equines?

there would be no real reason to panic

(Im taking a ride on the negative train today so yea)

But that's the thing, people would still panic.All it would take for everyone to know about it, is just one star gazer looking through a telescope.

Another thing, with all the satellites (which I presume are still orbiting) around mars, NASA and other space agencies would very soon learn that it is practically a second earth, with the exact same resources, it would start a space race, too see who can get there first and claim it for their own,( also im going on the assumption the satellites didn't notice the pony settlements).

Now one of these astronauts just managed to land and get out of his lander, suddenly he gets flying hugged by a certain pinkie pony we all know, his camera gets broken, but his audio is still transmitting and all they can hear back on earth is this man screaming and yelling and then his audio cuts off. TA'DAH, Instant painic and most likely a massive spike in weapon production. :unsure:

Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 1

I would hug all of those ponies...

Why would we be racist to adorable little ponies?

Can you REALLY get mad at this face? post-7662-0-70972000-1349092113.jpg

Explain...

• Brohoof 1

Grab a 1216 shotgun and...

I mean try and be friendly, unless if they don't have friendly intentions.

So it matters of what they came here to do.

• Brohoof 1

I hate to sound like a pessimist, but your friend is right. Anything different from humans would most likely be reacted irrationally upon. In the end, ponies would fear humans, save for a few trying to shelter them from the harm from others, but even then they'd both be at risk of being discovered.

• Brohoof 1

Pony logic

>Sees a zebra

>Entire town panics

>Sees an entire intelligent race of unstudied humans

>Open arms(hooves)?

I don't think so. Sure, there are several different factors and scenarios that would effect which side will become, if any, an aggressor to the other. Perhaps the Equstrain people would be the ones questioning and interrogating people, not the Human government? Maybe they have a magic spell that they use in interrogations or to make people speak the truth. If that DOES happen, then of course humanity (or the majority of humanity) would respond with violence and try to detain our friends.

Although, it seems that so far, posts have been either far too optimistic (Everything will be sunshine rainbows solely because people and ponies are so accepting :DDD) or too pessimistic (Humanity is disgusting and judgmental and our government is a bunch of liars who will try to remove the species from the public and perform tests on them). Truthfully, it won't be a very fantastic meeting at first, but of course over time they would merge into society (Yes, and probably merge species eventually). Probably at first there would be a decent amount of propaganda, tension, distrust, etc., the usual things. But think about it, humanity tends to do two things when they are presented with a way of improving their lives (as stated before; magic from unicorns, weather control from pegasi); they will either coexist and trade off with it or they will take and exploit it. I'm willing to believe that they will coexist with them, like in the Hearth Warming episode.

Speaking of which, why does everyone assume that the hybrid of a pony-human automatically has to meet half/half as a centaur? Why not simply one of their colts but with hands and perhaps a more defined human nose? Or perhaps the other way around, a Human being still with hands (hands seem like more of an adaptive success than hooves) with a coat + wings/horn. Then again, I'm not particularly fantastically familiar with genetics myself, so someone else can decide that.

• Brohoof 2

Pony logic

>Sees a zebra

>Entire town panics

>Sees an entire intelligent race of unstudied humans

>Open arms(hooves)?

To be fair, Voodo133, Zecora wasn't so much an issue with her being a zebra as a hermit that lived in the Everfree Forest all alone, speaking in rhymes, brewing strange potions while chanting in a foreign tongue, wearing a hood that somehow gave her malevolent looking glowing eyes, and such.

Also, they did have Iron Will just stroll in as a massive minotaur with no issue beyond Pinkie and Rarity referring to him as a monster in conversation.

• Brohoof 1

(Im taking a ride on the negative train today so yea)

But that's the thing, people would still panic.All it would take for everyone to know about it, is just one star gazer looking through a telescope.

Another thing, with all the satellites (which I presume are still orbiting) around mars, NASA and other space agencies would very soon learn that it is practically a second earth, with the exact same resources, it would start a space race, too see who can get there first and claim it for their own,( also im going on the assumption the satellites didn't notice the pony settlements).

Now one of these astronauts just managed to land and get out of his lander, suddenly he gets flying hugged by a certain pinkie pony we all know, his camera gets broken, but his audio is still transmitting and all they can hear back on earth is this man screaming and yelling and then his audio cuts off. TA'DAH, Instant painic and most likely a massive spike in weapon production. :unsure:

Found this ^.^

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKTh5Jp1eY

That would be really hilarious. Pinkie unintentionally causing a massive war between the human race and ponies. I can see it

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...