Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of Filthy Rich?

RedParadoxin

His daughter makes me want to sneak off in the middle of the night, put on a mask, and patrol all Equestria hunting down all the orphan ponies, stuffing them in a sack, carrying them to Sugar Cube corner...And bake cupcakes with Pinkie Pie.

But as for Filthy Rich himself, he didn't seem too annoying, or full of himself. Although wanting the first 100 jars of Zap Apple Jam is a bit odd. But he purchased them all, so it's not too awful.

I really like him. He's a successful businesspony who hasn't lost sight of the little things and the little people who helped him get to where he is.

Also I burst out laughing whenever he got called Filthy.

He seemed to be a reasonable pony considering his position, it does push the idea that he spoils his daughter because he doesn't have time to spend with her though.

That seems to be the way of it to me.

Question though... who's the mother?

A definite shrewd businesspony who knows that to run a good business one needs to keep those at Sweet Apple Acres happpy, otherwise, no zap apples.

It seems to me he knows the true value of money having being brought up in a family where money comes from hard work building a business from nothing, one thing his daughter may not know...... yet, but hopefully she'll one day become as grounded as FR.

Greedy? No. Pretentious? A bit. Douchey? Not nearly as much as I expected.

To me, he just seems like a respectable business pony who's only real crime in life was raising a daughter like DT.

• 9 years later...
  • 2 months later...

He's far less annoying than Spoiled Rich and I do enjoy how they never gave him a minor antagonistic role of the stereotypical greedy businessman in the show, unlike Equestria Girls and one arc of the comics. :maud: I do like him for that reason of going against cliches.