Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Music that Brings Tears to Your Eyes

Le Kvlt Dawn

Yea so one day I met this really pretty girl on the first day of school and she was really into Nirvana. Then I found out she had a boyfriend. Then they broke up. Then she got a girlfriend and that's when I realized she was bi. They've been together for over a year now. Well at least I have her as a friend on Facebook. My life is pathetic. F*ck man she's pretty. So every time I listen this song I think of her, and that what this song reminds me of. I don't burst into tears over it, It just makes my eyes water a little bit. :(

So anypony else have a song that makes you cry a little for personal reasons?

• Brohoof 3

I always say this song is one of the most perfect songs ever made. Lyrically and musically, everything is beautiful. Gets me all goosebumpy and teary eyes. This was the only song I listened to from this band until I actually decided to listen to the full thing and 'Ma Fleur' is just as perfect. Damn good band.

Edited by Kodan
  • Brohoof 2

Just watching and listening to the lyrics of this song makes me sad... I do not know how anyone cannot relate to this song. Created by trent reznor of Nine Inch Nails covered by Johnny Cash one of his last songs. The video & the song go together and is simply just that.

Another song that gives me chills and makes me realize what is happening to this world. It is a long song but it now remains on of my favorite songs of all time. Masterpiece created by Iron Maiden.

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne

This song......*sigh....this song

Sung by the one and only famous Ole' Blue Eyes, this is with no doubt one of my favorites.

Why? well, not only does it make you realize what a beautiful and magnificent city New York is, it makes me feel like the most proud American anyone could ever be.

Not only that, it kinda makes me sad knowing I can't go to new York right now. I will in the summer!

• Brohoof 1

This song......*sigh....this song

Sung by the one and only famous Ole' Blue Eyes, this is with no doubt one of my favorites.

Why? well, not only does it make you realize what a beautiful and magnificent city New York is, it makes me feel like the most proud American anyone could ever be.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqlJl1LfDP4

Not only that, it kinda makes me sad knowing I can't go to new York right now. I will in the summer!

Brings back memories when I went down to New York City back in 2005 when I was in middle school :D! I really would love to go back someday... nice song btw

This Sad Cello Melody makes me quite sad.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwxLHqBDVNs

But the number one song that makes me sad is "If we hold on together" by Diana Ross I think it really touches on mortality, dreams and how friends are important in the short life we live.

It also reminds The Land Before Time (it was it's theme song), this first one, the rest suck.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 2

Brings back memories when I went down to New York City back in 2005 when I was in middle school :D! I really would love to go back someday... nice song btw

Heh, yeah, Frank Sinatra is the best. He also has another song that makes me pretty teary, it's called yesterday. Frank Sinatra is known to be very optimistic.....but, yesterday is just......very sad.

I always say this song is one of the most perfect songs ever made. Lyrically and musically, everything is beautiful. Gets me all goosebumpy and teary eyes. This was the only song I listened to from this band until I actually decided to listen to the full thing and 'Ma Fleur' is just as perfect. Damn good band.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhHKfSFGdUI

Very beautiful and relaxing song. The singer's voice goes so well with the music I enjoyed listening to this song. I could listen to this and drift away to another world.
  • Brohoof 1

But the number one song that makes me sad is "If we hold on together" by Diana Ross I think it really touches on mortality, dreams and how friends are important in the short life we live.

It also reminds The Land Before Time (it was it's theme song), this first one, the rest suck.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObPneATgASs

BAM! Right in the childhood. Those were my favourite movies growing up, and I would have no problem watching them right now.

As for me, I have two really.

*WARNING* This one is a little bloody, in case that bothers you.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdWhlo9b9zg

Sorry, I don't know what it is, probably the melody, but when I hear it, I just get choked up.

Hehe, this inability to post multiple youtube videos at my current... level, I guess you'd call it, is making for some might weird goin's on's.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnnHprUGKF0

This one's a bit more evident as to why.

Edited by Vy'drach

This is kinda sad:

Also all parts of "Unforgiven" by Metallica are pretty depressing.

And, of course, I must mention "The Wall" by Pink Floyd. I can't choose only one song, because the whole album is like one, very long song divided into 26 parts. I simply love this album, because it's not only a CD with a few good songs. It's a huge masterpiece; sad and depressing story about loneliness and solitude.

• Brohoof 1

One of the only bands to ever drive me to tears is Sigur Ros. Not just because of the music, but because that music was stuck in my head as I read the saddest story I've ever read: John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men. The final scene of this book was really heartbreaking.

This isn't your typical mau5. You know, the bass pumping, rave-y kind of house music which a lot of his stuff consists of (not that it's a bad thing, I love that kind of music too). This gives me the manly tears, though. Starts off slow but the last half of the song is amazing Edited by bluetrace

This song always gets me all emotional. The quote from Jacob's Ladder and tone just goes perfectly with what this song was intended to mean.

"It's dedicated to those that have passed on and to those who have lost loved ones. The original version was the first D&B track I had published and was written for someone lost to cancer. I do not know what happens after life but I do hope this song can ease those who have feelings of distress."

These three songs make me sad (I don't cry to music. At least, not usually) mainly because when I hear them I think of "My Little Dashie" (especially the third one, for obvious reasons).

/watch?v=5mfyCI82lWM

/watch?v=git6DCXSqjE

/watch?v=LX7Fo266uX0

This one just makes me sad, but where it came from is what really surprised me.

/watch?v=MXi0GpOSArw

(Sorry for the lack of links, I can't post that many.)

Edited by whoovesfan7698

Yes, Pink Floyd and more specifically their, "The Wall" album. Admittedly, I've cried to a couple of the songs from The Beatles while sleeping but I'd rather not think of the implications.