Le Kvlt Dawn

(edited)

These two songs are the most depressing to me

Afghamistam by Botch

and Take Me Somewhere Nice by Mogwai

Also almost every My Bloody Valentine song makes me wanna cry

Edited by Moog
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm, definitely one would be the instrumental version of "Sho's Lament" from "The Secret World of Arriety". It has a beautiful melody but it's so haunting and sad once you've watched the film and you're bawling everywhere (okay, I cried, at least. XD). It gives me chills every time and I can't help it.

I also cry a lot at the Witcher 2 soundtrack, because again, it makes me sad remembering the game and the bad choices I accidentally would make because I'm stupid. But the "Plough Them All" song makes up for it. (Obvious NSFW but hilarious lyrics warning on the link.)

I'll think of more later!

(edited)

I have two, since I can only embed two. These are two that I got off of Sheepy's 'Dawn', An Ambient Mix.

The first one, is a remix of a song by Bon Iver.

Bon Iver - Perth (Teen Daze Remix):

The second one, is a song that mainly gave me some Feels because of the lyrics. Although they're in another language, the happiness of the child's voice and simply imagining what is going on is enough to spark some tears.

sayCet - Dream Factory

Edited by The Paris Swing Box

(edited)

I've never cried out of sadness for a song. I dunno, music can move me and give me chills, but I never shed a sad tear from a song. There was one time where a track made me cry out of joy, though. That one was the Path of Time theme, from Maplestory.

See, back in 2006-2008, Maplestory was a game I absolutely loved. The feeling of a new world to explore, discoveries to make, and a small, close-knit community constituted a massive part of my enjoyment through those years. The soundtrack to Maplestory is the strongest reminder of just how much fun I had. Now that the game has been turned into a terrible pay-to-win situation, I know I will never be able to re-live those moments, so I have to do it through music. And this one time... one time, I missed the game, so I went and listened to this again. It was so damn beautiful that I shed a tear.

I imagine this theme to play when someone flies up to Heaven.

Edited by Flipturn Amaterasu ツ
  • Brohoof 1

Anne Hathaway's cover of i dreamed a dream just hits me like a ton of bricks when i hear it especially with the amount of emotion she puts into it.

Then there's Tom Waits with Martha, Tom Taubert's blues, and Lullaby.

What a wonderful world sometimes brings me to tears cuz it reminds me of how messed up our world is, but it helps me to see that little bit of good in a world gone seriously awry.

Not much makes me cry these days, but a beautiful piece of musical artistry can summon the tears from inside my head's pond. Music is how I express my feelings. Without it, it's honestly hard for even myself to understand what I'm feeling.

There are several songs that have brought a tear to my eye, but this is the one that popped into my brain at this very moment. Truly beautiful melody. 

• Brohoof 1

I listen to a lot of sad music. My name is melancholy afterall. Here are some that really get to me.

First, The Country Death Song by The Violent Femmes. It tells a very sad story...

Second, Today by The Smashing Pumpkins. It's actually a pretty catchy song, but it really gets to me, especially when you think about the meaning behind the song. It's basically saying today is the greatest day because, at the very least, there's no way it could get more miserable. It's about suicide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAZn_dxI9nA

I'ma put the rest in spoiler.

The Churchyard by Voltaire is another country song telling a truly sad story.

Dead Island Theme ;(

Aerosmith's version of We All Fall Down. A friend sent me this while I was depressed, trying to cheer me up, and now I associate it with that.

And a lot more. I'll post more at a later date.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not so much that it makes me sad, but it's really beautiful. It makes me think of everything that's good in the world. mlp-tcute.png

This one too:

Beeeeeeeeautiful. mlp-tsupersmile.png

Edited by ReGen

It's Over (Goodbye) from the Terminator 2 OST, Goodbye Chao from Sonic Adventure 2, Lux Aurumque, Modern Morbid Prophecies by Dead Poetic, Sleeping Sun by Nightwish, and others. These all depend on my mood. Pretty random list, but I am a random person. Oh so shocking.

• Brohoof 1

Songs that make me cry tend to be purely instrumental, and are often new-age or have tribal rhythms in them.  The best example I can think of offhand is one I'm sure nobody here's ever heard of: "Sirens - The Crash and The Call", from Fresh Aire VI, by Mannheim Steamroller.  This song wanders a lot, moving from moments of tranquility to uncertainty, then resolving the uncertainty for a brief, comforting moment before moving on to another uncomfortable place, etc.  The best way I can describe the ending is that you finally arrive in a place about as comforting as a loving mother's arms, and that you finally feel like everything will be okay.

It has special meaning to me, because in a way, I feel like it describes how much of my life has been.

Naturally, this song isn't available on YouTube.

I think the only song that's ever made me cry is Hurt by Johnny Cash. I prefer his older voice, as opposed to when he was young. He sound so amazing.

Wow, nobody has posted Hospice yet? Oh come on

While no form of media has ever made me cry besides a few anime (Sakurasou No pet Kanojo and Madoka Magica), Hospice got a tear or two rolling down my cheeks. 

The most emotional part is the concept of the entire album:

"Hospice tells the story of a relationship between a hospice worker and a female patient suffering from terminal bone cancer, their ensuing romance, and their slow downward spiral as a result of the woman's traumas, fears, and disease"

Forest Rains, Great to be different. It's more "Happy" tears then "Sad" Tears. It reminds me of, me about 1-2 Years ago. But here ya'll go. A little link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUC_AwTKLic

First time I heard this song I started crying. Possibly because I am different, and this song actually made me realize that, as it says, it is "great to be different."

I usually don't listen to songs, but music tracks (technically speaking, a song must have lyrics and voice, if it doesn't contain those, it is a music track), so this list will contain a bunch of tracks:

Lets start with "Small Field" by Danny Norbury. The whole album makes me cry, actually, but this one is just so... Melancholic and sad. Please, please, play it. It is one of the best tracks ever made. Oh, and buy the album.

"Hurt", performed by Johnny Cash. I'm a fan of Cash's music, but this one in particular is just heartbreaking. I know that this one is a NIN original, but Cash's interpretation is superb and just so overwhelmingly sad.The last song he ever recorded, like the last letter to his audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22eIJDtKho

"Ende" by Robag Wruhme. This one really nailed the whole "epic ending" thing in an album. It is really deep and heartwarming, and at the same time feels like the best ending to an incredible journey. Something that stands out of this track is the fact the he used the recordings of his friends mumbling and playing around with the microphone, and at the very end we can listen to his son's voice. Sweet <3

Now, this one might seem odd at first, until you acually listen to the lyrics. "Moan (Trentemøller Remix)" by Trentemøller has a really sad story behing its groovy beats, bubbling bass and lovely synths. Just listen to the heartbreaking lyrics (I actually did everything the song said tongue.png so I relate).

"Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away)" by Deftones is the most surprising song in this list. A lot of people always talk about the aggresiveness in this track, but the desperation of Moreno's voice is almost tangible. You can listen to his voice and relate inmediately, specially if you've ever though about running away from a place that you feel is hurting you (oh, those good 'ol fashion adolescent days...).

I'll edit to add some other tracks later.

(edited)

While this song doesn't really make me cry, it does make me incredibly sad. Just take a look at the lyrics. And Jacob's singing/growling in this song is just spot on and full of despair

It's about loosing someone precious, someone that made your life worth living, someone that you was there during your dark times.

"Your roar of love
Slayed my despair
It ripped me from my path
That led me to nowhere
You shook me from my sleep
That willed me to die
A final goodbye
All we love we leave behind
I'm so sorry
That I missed your lives
While I was on the road
Learning to survive