Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc [OOC, Signups Closed] Train Ride Headed West (On hold)

Ganaram Inukshuk

Something that came up when I was waiting for my ride a few hours ago: Yes, I give full authorisation to anyone who wishes to illustrate key events that are happening within the RP, but save them for the art thread.

Something that came up when I was waiting for my ride a few hours ago: Yes, I give full authorisation to anyone who wishes to illustrate key events that are happening within the RP, but save them for the art thread.

HEHE! that's perfectly what I wanted in the game, I'm going to illustrate some of my posts, so everypony can have a better view of what I'm explaining. However I think we are the only artists among the players, that would be a bit unbalanced :/

HEHE! that's perfectly what I wanted in the game, I'm going to illustrate some of my posts, so everypony can have a better view of what I'm explaining.

I'd just put the links in the OOC that lead directly to the proper art thread if they're likely gonna be that good or that detailed. Unless they're that simple or diagrammatic, then I'd leave it in a spoiler tag in the OOC, just to be safe.

Whoa, you guys planned to draw something from the Roleplay?

That'd depend if it's legitimate art or if it's a visual aid. I've yet to know the policy on having illustrative aids directly in the RP thread, but my guess is if it's absolutely needed and in the OOC. Anything beyond that, and I'd say it's for Octavia's Hall instead.

Nah, Octavia's hall is a bit too formal. I don't see anything wrong with posting a quick little visual aid thing in the OOC or even the roleplay itself, if it's just a rough illustration of what's happening.

Also note: The ten or so train cars (I picked an arbitrary number) is a combination of sleeping/passenger, luggage, and dining cars, plus the caboose.

As stated before, don't forget the people who work on the train. Assume that there are other passengers other than the players, but also assume that their trips are short-lived (like a mass-transit system) and that they're not of any significance.

• Brohoof 1

That's what my OC thinks of him at the moment. Plus, I kind of needed to make your OC talk for that post.

I'm not talking about your OC, I'm OK with his reaction, it's cool, but you can't make my OC talk, you can have the same result without making him talk, or at least wait until I make him say something to your OC, or you make yours to ask something to mine.

I'm not talking about your OC, I'm OK with his reaction, it's cool, but you can't make my OC talk, you can have the same result without making him talk, or at least wait until I make him say something to your OC, or you make yours to ask something to mine.

Roger that.

By the way, should we have like a sort of visual aid picture of the train? Maybe a map of the train? Could help with the RP'ing.

EDIT: If Ganaram wants to, I could make a 'schematic' of the train so the RP'ers could use it for reference.

Edited by The Awesome One
  • Brohoof 1

Roger that.

By the way, should we have like a sort of visual aid picture of the train? Maybe a map of the train? Could help with the RP'ing.

Glad you understood :)

what you can do is to put a situation in were you kinda force my OC to interact or react to said situation. That way, it's more realistic for both of us. I liked the fact that you made him seat next to your OC though, I have some great ideas for my next post XD.

The map of the train is a great idea, @Ganaram Inukshuk should makes us a general map that can help us to locate each section of the train.

The map of the train is a great idea, @Ganaram Inukshuk should makes us a general map that can help us to locate each section of the train.

Which I think would help to some extent, though this is what I'm seeing so far:

For diagrammatic purposes.

Posted Image

One passenger (Draco) in the cargo/luggage car, Sandweaver outside, and the other five in the same car, though post-evaluation shows that Sandweaver's supposed to be inside the train now, when I had thought he was still outside. Ganaram's yet to find a seat (as with Beat), and the others have already found a seat.

I'll find some way to rectify my error.

Though I had inadvertently set the number of cars affixed to the train to an arbitrary number of 10 (and dun goofed), you could imagine the cars in this order, starting from the engine and coal car:

- Passenger (Assuming this is where at least five of the players are currently at)

- Sleeping (There should be another car in between)

- Luggage

- Dining

- Passenger

- Passenger

- (etc)

- Caboose

• Brohoof 1

So, can I took random seat on the train? :>

And, uh, where did you get that Sandweaver's cutie mark? o_o

Yes, and I read the description of Sandweaver's CM and created one using only the information that was given. (That's part of the reason that there's a question mark on some of the CMs.)

• Brohoof 1

Yes, and I read the description of Sandweaver's CM and created one using only the information that was given. (That's part of the reason that there's a question mark on some of the CMs.)

Well, I guess that one is good enough for now, I can't draw cutie mark for hell :x

Anyway, I'll take whichever seat behind Ganaram :P

@@Ganaram Inukshuk, that's a really cool looking diagram, it would be really cool if you don't mind doing it every now and then just to show progress and location (like a GPS) , apparently my OC is sitting next to nocturnal.

OK, so in the first car there are the main characters, what about the staff and the other passengers? also Beat is carrying a really heavy saddlebag, where can he put it? And, do you think it's normal if they have "seats"? I mean, they are ponies, they would look weird sitting in a train like humans XD

I tell this for drawing purposes, because I would have to draw him and his environment.

And, do you think it's normal if they have "seats"? I mean, they are ponies, they would look weird sitting in a train like humans XD

Like this?

Posted Image

I believe they can choose whether to sit bonbon style, or Lyra style, or just like the screenshot

• Brohoof 1

OK, so in the first car there are the main characters, what about the staff and the other passengers? also Beat is carrying a really heavy saddlebag, where can he put it? And, do you think it's normal if they have "seats"? I mean, they are ponies, they would look weird sitting in a train like humans XD

1. In the other cars, duh. :P Engine ponies in the engine, and so on.

2. Unless he doesn't wanna put it in the luggage car, he could use one of the other unused seats.

3. Well, I'm basing the seats off of... What Star Weaver just posted.

Like this?

Posted Image

I believe they can choose whether to sit bonbon style, or Lyra style, or just like the screenshot

this seems perfect to me, if Ganaram agrees, I would like this kind of seats, except that I would like a more confy and soft support for the seat XD

Oh yeah, I'm about to make another post, if it's okay with you, Nocturnal puts it in the overhead compartment for you. I didn't have your OC have a dialogue though. So I wouldn't mess with your character.

you did very well and forced my OC to react with a scenario that you put for him, you don't need to think for him to be able to interact with him. Great! ;)

I also responded :)