Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You can go to equestria but there is a price attached

silvadel

As the basic pony type of your choice BUT  

468 users have voted

1. 1. You must do the following upon arrival -- which ones are acceptable?

• You would have to serve 2 years as a guard pony
    • You would have to serve 5 years as a guard pony
    • You would have to marry twilight sparkle
    • You would have to marry rainbow dash
    • You would have to marry the great and powerful trixie
    • You would have to swear an oath to do ANYTHING Celestia asked of you
    • You would have to swear an oath to do ANYTHING Luna asked of you
    • You would have to swear an oath to protect Equestria
    • You would have to live in los pegasus and never go to ponyville or canterlot
    • You would have to agree to not bother the mane 6 or the princesses
    • You would have to spend 5 years helping fluttershy with her animals
    • You would have to spend 2 years with equestria's historians answering any questions asked about earth
    • You would have to spend 5 years serving ponyville in your best capacity
    • You would have to spend 5 years as Pinkie Pie's assistant
    • You would have to spend 5 years as Prince Blueblood's assistant
    • You would have to do a very dangerous task in the Everfree Forest
    • You would have to be purified by the elements of harmony first

This is a poll that kind of begs the question of "just how far would you go to get to equestria?" Note some of these are kind of rough -- I mean could you keep your sanity after 5 years of being pinkie pie's assistant? What possible thing could Celestia ask of you? Could you wake up to Trixie every morning? Could you live in equestria and know you would never see the mane 6? These and more in the poll.

• Brohoof 4

I mostly voted on the ones that I preferred, being cleansed by the Elements would be like being reborn... assuming one can survive that much magical energy entering their body of course. I'd happily protect Equestria, assist ponyville in my full capacity for 5 years, risk my life in the Everfree Forest, etc. Also becoming a Unicorn and marrying Twilight doesn't sound too bad, but I assume I'd have to survive everything else first and the Everefree Forest and the Elements of Harmony are a big IF on the survival part.

• Brohoof 2

There isn't a "I don't want to go to Equestria" option. Who would be selfish enough to go to Equestria? You'd just "corrupt" it. Equestria is essentially perfect while humans and earth are extremely flawed.

• Brohoof 11

There were only five options I didn't choose. I wouldn't marry Twilight Sparkle, I wouldn't marry Trixie, I wouldn't live in los pegasus and never visit my pony friends, I wouldn't agree to not bother the mane six because let's face it I would go just to talk to them, and I would kill myself before being Blue Blood's assistant.

• Brohoof 2

There isn't a "I don't want to go to Equestria" option. Who would be selfish enough to go to Equestria? You'd just "corrupt" it. Equestria is essentially perfect while humans and earth are extremely flawed.

Actually if you got purified by the elements, you pretty much wouldnt be. Personally in my case I do not think such would have much if any effect on me, although it could have a great effect on many. Also I do not think I would corrupt Equestria in any shape or form -- The strict moral code I go by fits in very well with the elements. My biggest fault would be in potentially pestering certain ponies too much, although if they ever asked me to leave them alone I would accede.

• Brohoof 6

So we can marry Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, or Trixie, but we can't marry Princess Luna? Count me out.

Seriously speaking, these aren't really terrible tasks to undertake. The worst are probably never interacting with the Mane Six and the princesses; being forbidden to travel to Ponyville and Canterlot; serving five years as Blueblood's assistant; and venturing into the Everfree Forest on a dangerous mission. The rest of the choices are either tame or ones which most bronies would welcome.

• Brohoof 5

I disagree. First of all: anything that exists can be improved upon because there really isn't such a thing as perfect. Second of all: Equestria has all sorts of monsters rampant outside of the Pony settlements and if it were to actually exist I'm sure it would be a lot more deep than what little we actually know about it provided by the show.

Anyhoo, being a guard pony sounds boring as hell since there rarely are any wars raged in Equestria. I'd imagine I'd just be stuck sitting around so screw that. Marrying any of the mane 6 sounds stupid, but why the hell not since I am currently single and bored out of my mind. I'd be cool swearing an oath to anything Luna or Celestia say, I mean maybe it would give my life some meaning so yeah. Swearing to protect Equestria sounds pretty cool, and I could go back to earth and then just come back to Equestria whenever help is needed. Going to Los Pegasus sounds like more fun than no Equestria at all. Screw not being able to mess around with the Princesses. Five years helping Fluttershy sounds fine, as I could simply go visit Ponyville when I'm not working and explore Equestria. Two years with historians also sounds interesting, as once again I guess I could go muck around when I'm not working.

. Five years in Ponyville with my best capacity is kind of like slavery in a way, so nope. Five years as Pinkie's assistant actually sounds like a lot of fun. Screw Bluehood. I'd totally be ready for an attempt to do something dangerous in the Everfree forest, as I actually right now really want to do something extremely dangerous and exciting. I don't exactly know what Element of harmony purification is, but why not find out?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

So we can marry Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, or Trixie, but we can't marry Princess Luna? Count me out.

Seriously speaking, these aren't really terrible tasks to undertake. The worst are probably never interacting with the Mane Six and the princesses; being forbidden to travel to Ponyville and Canterlot; serving five years as Blueblood's assistant; and venturing into the Everfree Forest on a dangerous mission. The rest of the choices are either tame or ones which most bronies would welcome.

Actually I am kind of surprised at the results. I mean the #1 by far is being subjected to a blast from the elements of harmony -- I would have thought that would be at best in the middle. A significant number would risk their life in the everfree forest which was another one I thought would be further down. Third is absolute trust of Luna (with absolute trust of celestia getting only HALF as many votes).

I learned a lot that it is the individual PONIES in ponyville that people are attracted to, not so much the world, because so many people would have a problem living in los pegasus as opposed to ponyville and/or simply not bothering the mane 6 or the princesses. I mean while it would be disappointing to not be able to meet with the mane 6, I wouldnt have a problem even if I had to settle in emeraldine from the austraeoh fanfic making me 100% away from the mane 6.

The stark differences in the votes definitely shows that it is NOT easy choices. I am kind of surprised that being pinkie pie's assistant is as high as it is. While I would be willing to give it a try, I think most would go insane. Think of pinkie pie as your superior on a day to day basis. I also find it interesting that there is not one (as of this moment) person hardcore enough to spend 5 years under prince blueblood as entry fee to equestria.

I didnt put marry princess luna as an option because I figured, who wouldnt want to do that? Sheesh princess of dreams being the princess of your dreams?

Edited by silvadel
  • Brohoof 2

I did not put in marry fluttershy for several reasons -- first I do not think she would be approachable by the typical person from earth. Second I think again -- that isnt a hard enough choice. I put rainbow dash, twilight, and trixie as the three because both Twilight and Rainbow Dash are the types who could be open to the idea for very different reasons and because they are very different ponies. Trixie OTOH was a push -- it was intended as one of the hardest choices because it is a lifetime commitment to well Trixie. I could do that one but many couldnt.

I'll take the oath to protect Equestria (I already would have that mindset if I went there) and doing the dangerous task in the Everfree Forest (challenge accepted, and besides, a little action there sounds fun, preferably with me armed with a method of defense, though, just in case. You know how the place can be).

I disagree. First of all: anything that exists can be improved upon because there really isn't such a thing as perfect.

Not true or else we would not have the idea of "perfect." We do though, so perfect can theoretically exist and what better place then in the imaginary world of Equestria. Imaginary worlds are not limited by what is and isn't realistic.

Second of all: Equestria has all sorts of monsters rampant outside of the Pony settlements and if it were to actually exist I'm sure it would be a lot more deep than what little we actually know about it provided by the show.

You're making assumptions. If the monster problem was really as bad as you think it is then there would be more defense around the Everfree forest. Have you ever seen a pony die? How about when they fought the dragon? No? So it's probably safe to say that the monsters aren't exactly the most evil killers in existence If they were then the mane6 would by much more prepared/hesitant to enter the Everfree forest.

On top of that there doesn't seem to be ANY poverty. There are many ponies that have talents that do not equate to a real job.

The Equestria OP is referring to is the one from the show and since there can be only one canon Equestria, all other assumptions about how Equestria really works are all fanon and thus making it an entirely different Equestria. The canon Equestria is a perfect existence or at the very least a more perfect existence than ours and by traveling there we would corrupt it.

Edited by Bohtty

I would agree to anything except the marriages, doing anything the Princesses say, living in Las Pegasus and never visiting Ponyville or Canterlot, and not bothering the Mane Six or the Princesses.

Perfect? They still have a capitalist society where ponies are known to try and fleece each other of their money, they apparently have crime and war as the guards have arms and armour, and there is a police force (or sheriffs out in Appleoosa and the like). I'm sure there's other things we've yet to see, but already this doesn't sound like a "perfect" society or world.

Perfect? They still have a capitalist society where ponies are known to try and fleece each other of their money

And they are still fine even after being "fleeced" out of some of their money.

They apparently have crime and war as the guards have arms and armour, and there is a police force (or sheriffs out in Appleoosa and the like). I'm sure there's other things we've yet to see, but already this doesn't sound like a "perfect" society or world.

Assumptions, therefore fanon and therefore not the real Equestria and therefore not what OP was referring to.

Are you trying to tell me that Equestria is equal to or worse than Earth and humanity in terms of corruption? I think everybody here knows that isn't even possibly. My argument was never that Equestria was perfectly perfect. I said it was essentially perfect. There has never been a death in the canon Equestria. There is no internal conflict between ponies. conflict between species is fought with pies. That being said, it's safe to say that the guard spears are formality or decoration.

Edited by Bohtty

You're making assumptions. If the monster problem was really as bad as you think it is then there would be more defense around the Everfree forest. Have you ever seen a pony die? How about when they fought the dragon? No? So it's probably safe to say that the monsters aren't exactly the most evil killers in existence If they were then the mane6 would by much more prepared/hesitant to enter the Everfree forest.

What the heck are you talking about? The changlings almost destroyed Equestria as we know it, Discord managed to take a pretty nice stab at the place, Luna managed to overthrow the planet's rotation (although that's no longer an issue) there's dragons out there that would have beaten the crap out of Twilight, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash if they hadn't gotten away and there's all sorts of weird things in the everfree forest.

Also, about ponies dying

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

What the heck are you talking about? The changlings almost destroyed Equestria as we know it, Discord managed to take a pretty nice stab at the place, Luna managed to overthrow the planet's rotation (although that's no longer an issue) there's dragons out there that would have beaten the crap out of Twilight, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash if they hadn't gotten away and there's all sorts of weird things in the everfree forest.

Alright I give on the dying part, but it's still up in the air on how they died. Could have been simply from old age, but nobody can know.

I don't know about you, but I haven't seen any corrupt politicians, gangsters, racism, sexism, poverty, terminal illness or murder. Do you have screenshots for those?

Alright I give on the dying part, but it's still up in the air on how they died. Could have been simply from old age, but nobody can know.

I don't know about you, but I haven't seen any corrupt politicians, gangsters, racism, sexism, poverty, terminal illness or murder. Do you have screenshots for those?

Actually, I could say a couple things here.

There was a form of discrimination evident in the Christmas episode, where there was huge disagreements and anger between the different types of ponies.

There was actually a pony who was completely bald in a hospital bed right before the episode with the funeral, who wasn't in good shape at all.

As far as politics go, the only politicians we have ever had were Luna and Celestia. Luna did something to be sent straight to the moon for all those years. It's kind of a long shot, but the entire dictatorship that Equestria has makes it hard to really think up something.

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 1

Assumptions, therefore fanon and therefore not the real Equestria and therefore not what OP was referring to.

Are you trying to tell me that Equestria is equal to or worse than Earth and humanity in terms of corruption? I think everybody here knows that isn't even possibly. My argument was never that Equestria was perfectly perfect. I said it was essentially perfect. There has never been a death in the canon Equestria. There is no internal conflict between ponies. conflict between species is fought with pies. That being said, it's safe to say that the guard spears are formality or decoration.

How is it fanon? We've seen the arms, armour, and police forces. Also, one thing I forgot to mention is they apparently have at least thieves and burgalars, given Dash was mistaken for one when breaking into the hospital to finish her book. As for there being no internal conflict between ponies, there's two notable cases. Twilight's spell to make everyone want Smarty Pants caused several hoof-fights, not pie fights, and before you say they were under a spell so it doesn't count, they were under a spell that increases their desire for an object, and that's it. The spell did not increase aggression. The other example, is Rarity wanting to keep Tom all to herself, and attacking Apple Jack over it. Same as before, she was bewitched to have increased greed, not aggression.

As for canon deaths, there's that funeral that Lord Bababa beat me to, and also word of Faust is that Apple Jack's parents are dead, just it hasn't been covered since they felt it may be too mature of a topic for younger viewers.

And how is it safe to say the guard spears are formality or decoration? That's fanon right there, and contradicted by canon. We don't see the spears until Canterlot receives a threat. When Equestria is entirely at peace, the spears are nowhere to be found. I say it's safe to say they are functional instruments of warfare, and are stored in an armoury until they are needed.

And Lord Bababa once again beat me with the discrimination part. The three pony types hated each other at the time

• Brohoof 1

There was a form of discrimination evident in the Christmas episode, where there was huge disagreements and anger between the different types of ponies.

There was actually a pony who was completely bald in a hospital bed right before the episode with the funeral, who wasn't in good shape at all.

As far as politics go, the only politicians we have ever had were Luna and Celestia. Luna did something to be sent straight to the moon for all those years. It's kind of a long shot, but the entire dictatorship that Equestria has makes it hard to really think up something.

The was racism in the past, but the world is still dealing with racism in the present.

It was never said that he had cancer. Cancer itself is not canon. It is entirely possible that it was a brain or head operation where they needed to shave off the hair to get to the skull.

It's not a dictatorship, it's a monarchy. Neither of those forms of government are inherently bad. It is just from human experience that those forms of government usually lead to poor living conditions and unhappy citizens. That is clearly not the case with Celestia. Everybody seems to love Celestia.

As for there being no internal conflict between ponies, there's two notable cases. Twilight's spell to make everyone want Smarty Pants caused several hoof-fights, not pie fights, and before you say they were under a spell so it doesn't count, they were under a spell that increases their desire for an object, and that's it. The spell did not increase aggression.

No, but the increased aggression was a result of the spell. The ponies do not normally do that under any circumstance except under the influence of a spell and therefore does not count.

The other example, is Rarity wanting to keep Tom all to herself, and attacking Apple Jack over it. Same as before, she was bewitched to have increased greed, not aggression.

Discord inverted their nature and is therefore the opposite of how they normally act. If anything, that scene enforces my claims.

As for canon deaths, there's that funeral that Lord Bababa beat me to, and also word of Faust is that Apple Jack's parents are dead, just it hasn't been covered since they felt it may be too mature of a topic for younger viewers.

Faust doesn't own My Little Pony and it is therefore fanon.

I'll give you the spear thing, but they still never use them to kill anything.

It's not a dictatorship, it's a monarchy. Neither of those forms of government are inherently bad. It is just from human experience that those forms of government usually lead to poor living conditions and unhappy citizens. That is clearly not the case with Celestia. Everybody seems to love Celestia.

I don't wanna be mean here, but if you are getting us on assumptions, isn't this an assumption?

Anyway, whether or not the fact his illness was cancerous or not is besides the point, as it still links to the fact that there are awful illnesses out there in Equestria. The idea that brain surgery would be needed really would go against the idea that Equestria is a perfect place as well.

If you really want to argue with "racism", I'd say there's a huge chance it could still be there. Since we are already using big words here, I might stretch this and be honest when I say that it is probably still an issue in certain parts of Equestria. Whether or not it's racism, the rich ponies still despise the simple ponyville folk. While its not "race" its still blatant discrimination.

I wanna argue more because I'm having fun but I gotta get to class fffffffffff

Edited by Lord Bababa

I don't wanna be mean here, but if you are getting us on assumptions, isn't this an assumption?

None of that was an assumption.

Anyway, whether or not the fact his illness was cancerous or not is besides the point, as it still links to the fact that there are awful illnesses out there in Equestria. The idea that brain surgery would be needed really would go against the idea that Equestria is a perfect place as well.

I never said Equestria was perfectly perfect, I said it was essentially perfect. Plus it doesn't have to be brain surgery either. It could have been something to do with his mane and it's actually more likely that it was his mane because there are no scar marks.

It is entirely possible that he could have fallen and gotten his hair stuck and they had to cut it to remove him.

If you really want to argue with "racism", I'd say there's a huge chance it could still be there. Since we are already using big words here, I might stretch this and be honest when I say that it is probably still an issue in certain parts of Equestria. Whether or not it's racism, the rich ponies still despise the simple ponyville folk. While it's not "race" it's still blatant discrimination.

It doesn't show racism so there isn't racism in present day Equestria. There isn't any discrimination that I can recall, only rich ponies acting condescending towards none rich ponies.

None of this matters though because it is still blatantly obvious that Equestria is better than Earth and that by traveling there you would corrupt it.

I answered yes to all, except stay in los pegasus or never bother the mane 6 or the princesses. Other than that, I'm up for anything. I wouldn't mind serving my new country, and if I absolutely had to, yes, I would do something dangerous in the Everfree forest (but only if I absolutely had to).

No, but the increased aggression was a result of the spell. The ponies do not normally do that under any circumstance except under the influence of a spell and therefore does not count.

The aggression arose from greed and an attempt to wrest the doll from the other pony's hooves. The spell didn't make them more aggressive than normal, it just made it so the doll was the most desireable thing in the world to them, and they were willing to fight for it.

Discord inverted their nature and is therefore the opposite of how they normally act. If anything, that scene enforces my claims.

This is debateable, but it's largely a moot point as well, so let's drop this example.

Other examples I forgot are Dash kicking the dragon, with dragons being intelligent, sentient creatures, in the face. While on the subject of dragons, there's also the dragon teens who were going to smash the phoenix eggs, killing the young phoenixes inside, with a phoenix also being an intelligent, if perhaps not sentient (though they may be as well), creature. And then there's the adult dragon attempting to attack Spike, likely with intent to kill. While one may say that dragons are just savage and violent by nature, this doesn't stop Celestia from allowing one to live in Canterlot and Ponyville, and while being raised by ponies, he still reverted to his draconic nature.

And Faust may not own My Little Pony, but she did create the characters. If any one person has a say in what is and isn't right now, it's her. Until AJ's parents are retconned into the show, Faust's statement that the parents of Big Mac, Apple Jack, and Applebloom are dead still stands as far as I'm concerned, as the Apple family was designed from the beginning to be in that situation.

The aggression arose from greed and an attempt to wrest the doll from the other pony's hooves. The spell didn't make them more aggressive than normal, it just made it so the doll was the most desireable thing in the world to them, and they were willing to fight for it.

That is like saying everyone is a murder because they physically could. Obviously that is a false statement. Your example of conflict still does not count.

Other examples I forgot are Dash kicking the dragon, with dragons being intelligent, sentient creatures, in the face. While on the subject of dragons, there's also the dragon teens who were going to smash the phoenix eggs, killing the young phoenixes inside, with a phoenix also being an intelligent, if perhaps not sentient (though they may be as well), creature. And then there's the adult dragon attempting to attack Spike, likely with intent to kill. While one may say that dragons are just savage and violent by nature, this doesn't stop Celestia from allowing one to live in Canterlot and Ponyville, and while being raised by ponies, he still reverted to his draconic nature.

Or we could say that dragons are savage and violent by culture. Celestia doesn't kill random dragons because they don't usually involve themselves with ponies. Killing them because they can be violent is like killing a person because they can be violent. Spike doesn't kill anyone during his draconic episode.

And Faust may not own My Little Pony, but she did create the characters. If any one person has a say in what is and isn't right now, it's her. Until AJ's parents are retconned into the show, Faust's statement that the parents of Big Mac, Apple Jack, and Applebloom are dead still stands as far as I'm concerned, as the Apple family was designed from the beginning to be in that situation.

No, if anyone has a say in what is and isn't right it is Hasbro, the owners of MLP. You can believe it to be canon, but it's simple fact that it's not and probably never will be. MLP was designed to be for girls enjoyment only. Just because it was designed as something doesn't mean it actually is in reality.