• Mac OS 9 (or older)
    • Linux
    • Other
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 10
  2. 2. Kind of computer?

• An unstoppable monster
    • Just your average, modern machine - decently fast, but nothing special
    • A slow hunk of plastic that hardly deserves to be called a computer anymore

An Asus mobo, can't remember which one...

PSU of some sort.

AMD Phenom II x4 @ 3.2ghz

4gb 1333mhz RAM

1TB SpinPoint HDD

nVidia GeForce GT 440 1GB

Probably going to get a new computer soon-ish, as soon as I have enough money reserved. I've started to even have to turn down graphics for some few-year-old games lately.

Edited by Storn

Razer Megalodon (One of the best headsets I have tried on!)

I had a Megaladon, it lasted me for around 2 years, great headset, it has to be the 3rd best headset I've ever used! :)

When it does come time to part with your Megaladon, don't buy a Tiamat, it's the worst headset I've ever used, I would recommend an Astro A50 or A40, if you can afford one, I have both, the A50 is the best headset I've ever used, A40 cones in a close 2nd ;)

I hate this thread and everyone who posted on it, damn you and your awesome computers.

Hey don't worry, I spent about three years saving up. Quite a long time, especially with  pocket money :/

There is quite expensive pcs but there is also ways of getting good hardware while saving some money

I guess it's okay to put my dream build on here. Since it's not technically built, I keep upgrading it from time to time.
Also, I see a lot of Intel computers on here, and being a full AMD fanboy makes me a slight bit upset since i'v only seen one FX series processor here.

So anyways..

Case: NZXT Phantom ATX Full tower gaming case.

Processor: AMD FX-9370 8 core processor at 4.4 Ghz.

Cooling: Either stock AMD Liquid CPU cooling or Corsair Hydro Series H80i.

Graphics Card: Either HIS Radeon HD 7870 Iceq Crossfire or MSi Radeon HD 7990, still haven't picked.

Motherboard: Gigabyte ATX AMD AM3+ Motherboard, maybe switching to ASUS if I can find one.

RAM: Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 1600 or AMD Performance Series Radeon 8GB DDR3 1866.

PSU: AZZA TITAN 1000W Power supply.

And HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB hard drive.

So the price ranges from $1179 to $1671. Not bad for a pretty decent computer :3

Edited by Sirius Crescent

Well, I've successfully updated my PC over this summer. So now I'm rocking an i7 4770k, 16 GB of DDR3 1866 RAM stuffed on a Gigabyte Z87-HD3 which I do NOT recommend. I've had to update the UEFI just to get it stable with 16 gigs of RAM and now my "overclocking" capabilites have went from actually being able to overclock to underclocking while overvolting. Still running a Raedon 7870. But now I get to bathe in the obfuscated glory that is Windows 8.1 due to AMD catalyst being rubbish under Linux. Still, beats the crap out of my old Phenom II x4.

I've had my faithful black HP Pavilion G6 for almost a year now, and I don't think I could really ask for anything more performance-wise. At least, not for everyday tasks. It has a bit of kick when it comes to gaming, for sure, despite being a mid-tier PC.

HP Pavilion G6-2129nr:

HP_Pavilion_g6-2129nr_894347.jpg

-2.5GHz Intel i5-2450M Dual Core Processor (Has four virtual cores for some reason.)

-6GB RAM

-Intel HD 3000 Graphics card

-Windows 7 Home Premium

-It can play Skyrim on Medium and various other newer games. Recently tested was Sonic Generations, and it runs just fine, with a few hiccups.

-It also has pony stickers all over it. Yep.

My old desktop's a bit sad, but I love it to death. I've dubbed it a '2005 gaming machine,' though it...really isn't anymore. I'm ashamed of what happened to its graphics card.

Desktop (Custom Build)

CIMG0157.jpg

:

-2.4GHz AMD Athlon 64 3800+ "Venice" Single Core Processor

-4GB RAM (=_=)

-256MB Nvidia GeForce 6800GS XXX Edition Graphics card (There would be a '<3' here, but I kind of killed it while trying to play Skyrim on it. On the lowest graphics settings possible. Yeah.)

-Windows 7 Professional

-Aspire X-SUPERALIEN Silver/Red Case (Crowning JEWEL here, guys. It looks like an Alienware, and it looks classy as all hell.)

I've got an impending upgrade coming up for this machine, believe me. A friend of mine recently dumped his old GeForce 570GTX Ti Fermi on me, and that's getting paired with an AMD Vishera/ASUS Mobo combo in the near future. $500 for a budget machine that can play Skyrim on Extreme at full speed? Challenge accepted.

My laptop is nothing special:

Intel Core i3

Intel HD Graphics (Seriously, I can't even run minecraft sometimes)

6GB of RAM

500GB Hard drive 

Windows 7

It's terrible now. I'm hoping to get a gaming pc soon. DayZ here I come!!!

I've had my faithful black HP Pavilion G6 for almost a year now, and I don't think I could really ask for anything more performance-wise. At least, not for everyday tasks. It has a bit of kick when it comes to gaming, for sure, despite being a mid-tier PC.

HP Pavilion G6-2129nr:

img-1936917-1-HP_Pavilion_g6-2129nr_8943

-2.5GHz Intel i5-2450M Dual Core Processor (Has four virtual cores for some reason.)

-6GB RAM

-Intel HD 3000 Graphics card

-Windows 7 Home Premium

-It can play Skyrim on Medium and various other newer games. Recently tested was Sonic Generations, and it runs just fine, with a few hiccups.

-It also has pony stickers all over it. Yep.

Your Intel i5 is hyperthreaded, which is why it says it has four virtual cores. My dad's Intel i3-3210m dual core does the same thing, which basically all it does is up the speed on the processor.

Also, if you say it can play Skyrim in Medium then I have to try my laptop out, since it's graphics processor is a little better then the Intel HD 4000. Radeon stuffz is amazing :3

• Brohoof 1

Your Intel i5 is hyperthreaded, which is why it says it has four virtual cores. My dad's Intel i3-3210m dual core does the same thing, which basically all it does is up the speed on the processor.

Also, if you say it can play Skyrim in Medium then I have to try my laptop out, since it's graphics processor is a little better then the Intel HD 4000. Radeon stuffz is amazing :3

I can play Skyrim on ultra. With graphical mods. In 1080p. With a near-flawless 60FPS.

goml.

Then again, I have a Core i7-3630QM, a 2GB GTX 675M and all the other fancy bells and whistles of a high-end gaming laptop.

I can play Skyrim on ultra. With graphical mods. In 1080p. With a near-flawless 60FPS.

goml.

Then again, I have a Core i7-3630QM, a 2GB GTX 675M and all the other fancy bells and whistles of a high-end gaming laptop.

Yeah, mine's just an HP Pavilion entertainment laptop. It has an AMD A8-4500m quad core processor with Integrated Radeon HD 7640G Graphics. If I was to get a gaming laptop, it would be an iBuyPower Valkyrie CZ-28 V1 with the AMD A10-5750m quad core processor with Dedicated Radeon HD 8970D for dem ultra stuffs.

But i'm saving up for a budget desktop right now, has an HD 7790 :3

Edited by Sirius Crescent

Yeah, mine's just an HP Pavilion entertainment laptop. It has an AMD A8-4500m quad core processor with Integrated Radeon HD 7640G Graphics. If I was to get a gaming laptop, it would be an iBuyPower Valkyrie CZ-28 V1 with the AMD A10-5750m quad core processor with Dedicated Radeon HD 8970D for dem ultra stuffs.

But i'm saving up for a budget desktop right now, has an HD 7790 :3

Not a bad card. You gonna get a 1080p monitor to go with it?

...maybe even a 1440p monitor if you have the room for one? I have yet to find one of those smaller than 27".

Not a bad card. You gonna get a 1080p monitor to go with it?

...maybe even a 1440p monitor if you have the room for one? I have yet to find one of those smaller than 27".

Only 1080p, since i'm not into super fancy Graphics.

If I could, then I would get my dream build which you can find if you scroll up. It's a hell of a lot better then my budget build :3

Only 1080p, since i'm not into super fancy Graphics.

If I could, then I would get my dream build which you can find if you scroll up. It's a hell of a lot better then my budget build :3

I'd like a 1440p monitor, but only for video editing and other things like that. I don't exactly have room for a 27" monitor on my desk, with a 15.6" laptop and then a 19" SXGA monitor next to it that I use with my Windows 98 machine, and a whole mess of cables and random junk thrown around with very little care put into where it goes.

Ella's Custom Built Gaming Rig:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H Motherboard (Worst fucking motherboard ever)

Intel Core i5 3570K - 4.2Ghz - H80i Closed-Loop Watercooler

MSI Lightning GTX 770

Corsair Vengeance RAM - 8GB - 1600Mhz

Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Read 170+MB/s, Write 160+MB/s

Corsair CX600 600W Power Supply

Ella's Gaming Peripherals:

Acer 21.5in 1920x1080 Monitor - Refresh Rate Overclocked 66Hz

Razer Blackwidow Stealth - Keyboard

Razer Abyssus - Mouse

Razer Electra - Headphones

Samson CO1U w/ Pop Shield - Microphone

Ella's Upgrades For This Year (Green is completed, Red is ongoing):

MSI Power Edition GTX 670 > Asus Matrix Platinum 7970Ghz Ed. > MSI Lightning GTX 770

Intel i5 3570K > Intel i5 4670

Corsair H80i > Noctua NH-C14

Fractal Define R4 > Bitfenix Prodigy-M

Asus H61M-LE > Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H > Asus Gryphon Z87

Edited by Ella_Ess

I'd like a 1440p monitor, but only for video editing and other things like that. I don't exactly have room for a 27" monitor on my desk, with a 15.6" laptop and then a 19" SXGA monitor next to it that I use with my Windows 98 machine, and a whole mess of cables and random junk thrown around with very little care put into where it goes.

Sounds like a good thing, you should get a big desk to put it on along with your other stuffz. Also, you still have a windows 98 machine? I remember I used to have one, but when my dad bought a laptop we said this desktop was way too slow.

32 gb

retina display

iOS version 7...

Oh wait.

This is the thread for...

computer people...

post-19568-0-13854500-1382134474_thumb.jpg

Hahaha!

No, but really,

my actual computer is from like... 2006.

It's an Aspire.

I'll just let that sink in for a second.

A goddamned Aspire.

Sounds like a good thing, you should get a big desk to put it on along with your other stuffz. Also, you still have a windows 98 machine? I remember I used to have one, but when my dad bought a laptop we said this desktop was way too slow.

It actually wasn't originally mine, it was a retired Me > XP machine given to us by family friends, but I took it out of retirement earlier this year and installed Windows 98 on it.

• 3 months later...

So, the title says it all!

My specs:

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate dual booted w/ Ubuntu 13.10 (Gnome classic desktop environment
  • 2 High resolution IPS monitors (3286x1080)
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM
  • Intel Core i5 (3.10 GHz)
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M
  • 2 TB HDD (Contains W7 and Ubuntu partitions)
  • 258 HB SSD (using as boot)

XYM3HGo.jpg

What are yours? :D

• Brohoof 1

I have an 8 core AMD processor,

16 GB of ram,

An AMD 7870 Radeon HD series GPU,

1tb+160gb hard drive,

And am running windows 8.

Oh yeah and I have a raspberry pi hooked up to another monitor.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah well I run the lowest of low everything so my lappy (lap top) doesn't over heat.. Currently there are frozen hot dogs atop it.. this feature allows me to stay on the interwebs longer... I also have an external key board as I have stepped on the actual one and puked on it too many times. I am willing to trade! or you can gift me new comp :D

• Brohoof 1

I have an 8 core AMD processor,

16 GB of ram,

An AMD 7870 Radeon HD series GPU,

1tb+160gb hard drive,

And am running windows 8.

Oh yeah and I have a raspberry pi hooked up to another monitor.

Nice, I bought a Rasperri Pi starter kit for £70, included a 64 GB SD, HDMI, small 1 inch Ethernet cable, really cheap keyboard and mouse

Other than i know its a 8core proccesor AMD/10 gig ram whit windows 7

i dont really remember the full specs, but i can play any games at ultra grapics whit 0 lag/latency/fram rate drop

2tb hard drive, i bought the whole set up for under 800 bucks a year ago so yeah, i usually do a lot of video/photo editing at any giving time i have 3 to 6 programs open and zero delays whatsoever xD

Edited by Dark Heart