Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever forgotten to lock your car doors?

super*specialSTAR

Recently, I forgot the lock my car doors before I drove out to see a friend. I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a quick latte and then this girl, about my age, opens the door and gets in the car. I was speechless and about to call the cops but she apologized and said that she thought that I was her sister. Then, she got out before I got to say anything.

Has anything like that happened to you? Did someone ever mistake you for one of their friends or family and tried to greet you?

My brother asked a total stranger at Kohl's if she was a substitute teacher in one of his classes.

In high school I tried to get in a stranger's van that I thought was my carpool driver's. It was a little weird. They just stared at me and I ran away.

Bad thing to do. If your high school has cameras then you could have been charged with attempted car theft.

Bad thing to do. If your high school has cameras then you could have been charged with attempted car theft.

That was a veeeerrrry long time ago (now I feel old) and it was a not so wealthy Catholic all girls school that couldn't afford such things. It was just someone's dad in the car. Luckily the car door was locked. It was still pretty embarrassing.

• Brohoof 1

A guy yelled at me once for messing with his car. I drive a Hyndai Accent. He parked his same make model and color car next to mine. I kept trying my key, and was getting really upset that the liock was messed up and wouldn't work. The jerk just laughed at me when he realized what was really happening.

I started talking to my mom but it was this other woman, who was dressed and looked nothing like my mom. She glared at me as though I was mentally disabled, and walked away. Then I found my real mom.

• 7 years later...
(edited)

The only thing similar to this that has happened to me is....I've been at Walmart and have accidentally grabbed hold of other people's carts thinking it was mine. :laugh: Or even worse, I've dropped food in a stranger's cart before because again, ditzy me ain't payin attention thinkin it's my cart. :twismile:

Edited by Lucky Bolt

At work I've been mistaken for someone else who looks like me. there are actually quite a few like me at my job and it's easy to get us mixed up for a variety of reasons. But if I ever get in trouble I can always say it was one of my doppelgangers! Yay, perks! :yay: