Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you make a bad moderator?

TheBronyHeart

After hearing about the new mods coming in, I really started to think about the people who I thought deserved to be moderators. And then I started to really ask myself what would be the good qualities needed to be a mod. So I made up a list of traits, and started seeing if the the people I knew rather well here on the forums met these standards. I didnt really do it for any particular reason really. After a while I asked myself if I might make a somewhat decent mod... after very little thought I concluded NO. There are a few quite obvious (Or so I think so) reasons for this, but I wont get into them.

Onto the main point of this thread: I am sure there are many of you out there who also believe they would not make very good moderators at all. Yes, it would be nice to have a dhiny little badge that says "Royal Guard" on it, but I and some of you probably realize that there are many traits and / or flaws that would keep you from being a quality mod. I am here to ask all of you: "Would you make a bad moderator? If so, for what reasons? Do you believe that if you were to become a member of the staff, that you would have a positive effect on the community?" I've just been wondering what all you people here would think...

• Brohoof 4

I won't even consider this question, lul. I'd most likely hate being a mod. I'd have to act professional 24/7 (unless you're zoop), lose all my free time, and have to deal with people I hate. Only positive thing is helping the forum, and auto respect. Ew.

• Brohoof 12

In all of reality I would most likely make a very terrible mod. I am hardly ever on anymore contributing plus I never can regonize what needs to be stopped, or what needs to be closed. I just doubt I would be a good mod at all...

• Brohoof 1

Yes, i think i would make a terrible moderator. Cause i just CAN'T act professional 24/7. I just want to act like a normal member sometime. The only thing i can be serious 24/7 in is Minecraft..

Edited by Rain Dance
  • Brohoof 1

I would at least I think would be a moderately bad mod (pun not intended)... I would lose all my free time, and I would have to deal with people that respect me just because of my status. I wouldn't like that very much, so yeah I probably would make a pretty bad mod.

• Brohoof 1

Is this a secret way of the Staff to determine Mods? xD

Meh, I may pass as a half-decent mod. Not even. Hah, nevermind, I would be horrible. The Forum is too big for my liking to be a Moderator.

• Brohoof 3

Yes, i think i would make a terrible moderator. Cause i just CAN'T act professional 24/7. I just want to act like a normal member sometime. The only thing i can be serious 24/7 in is Minecraft..

... You don't have to act professional 24/7. This is one of the biggest misconceptions that people have about being a moderator. Unless you're a total robot with no personality, you have to have your sense of fun here and there! You do have a new sense of responsibility to uphold to of course, but I don't think any of the admins would be totally OK with a guy on their staff with next to zero personality. :P

Besides, have you seen what Zoop posts in the General Chat Thread? He's an insane bald man, I tell ya.

• Brohoof 10

Well: I hate people who act stupid. I tend to make rash decisions sometimes. I am very emotional. But really, if I was to become a mod, I'd force myself to act better. Just giving my reasons why- lolno, I donnt wanna be one.

• Brohoof 1

Lemme tell you one thing.

I'd make a completely horrible moderator. Like, if those crazy jerkfaces that run this place ever so much as thought about making me a moderator, we'd all be able to tell right off the bat that they're all bloody insane. I'd accept the position of course, but I wouldn't really do anything of any value other than screwing with people and messing the site up in very subtle ways that nobody would notice.

In short, I would make a bad moderator because I would burn this place to the ground without mercy or compassion. Nobody would be spared - not even the children.

• Brohoof 21

Yes. Because I would get too involved and moderate too many threads and everyone would be seeing this face all over the place and probably leave the site.

Also I would continue to question authority and it would probably make the rest of the mods look even worse.

Edited by Hollowshield
  • Brohoof 1

Lemme tell you one thing.

I'd make a completely horrible moderator. Like, if those crazy jerkfaces that run this place ever so much as thought about making me a moderator, we'd all be able to tell right off the bat that they're all bloody insane. I'd accept the position of course, but I wouldn't really do anything of any value other than screwing with people and messing the site up in very subtle ways that nobody would notice.

In short, I would make a bad moderator because I would burn this place to the ground without mercy or compassion. Nobody would be spared - not even the children.

But dude, think of all the FREE brohoofs you can receive when you're a moderator! They'll like every single post you make, even if it's off-topic!

• Brohoof 4

I honestly don't think I would make a bad moderator. I'm on here almost 24/7, I love helping the forum and resolving issues. That's why I like when I make a support ticket or, prior to the system, a PM to the mods/admins (usually only for technical concerns). However, after a while, it might get pretty stressful.

Huge respect and thanks to you mods out there (even the new ones, most of which I've been friends with for a while). You are the select few who have been chosen to help keep this forum on its feet.

• Brohoof 1

not even the children.

post-6541-0-66283700-1349131978.jpg

YOU MONSTER!!!

Surely the staff of such a sophisticated and wondrous forum as this would never stoop to such a level as to hire ZOOP!!?!??!

He would make a terrible mod...

Feld0 himself will have lost his mind before Zoop becomes a mod here...

Why, if he evr did that would be THE... WORST..... POSSIBLE.... THING!!!

post-6541-0-67595000-1349132097.png

post-6541-0-92918100-1349132264.png

Thats not really true.... dont ban me.... im innocent!

I have been a mod on something before but I was more well known as that crazy chick who tells us what's going on.

I earned some pretty good names.

But in truth, I couldn't know unless I was a mod. Maybe, maybe not. While I act like an idiot most of the time I can be serious when I need to be. But again, who knows. (In my head, I feel like I would be too much of a wuss...*laughs*)

EDIT: I'm also not on that much *sweatdrop* If I was to be a mod I would have to spend all my time on the Forums doing moddy activities. Which I wouldn't mind, of course, but still. I think I would feel like I was letting everyone else down.

Edited by PinkieDaShy
  • Brohoof 1

Hell yes I would make for a horrible moderator. I'm too cynical, judgemental, and biased to really have any form of fair judgement when it comes to making moderator-related decisions. I'm really not qualified in any aspect other than the fact that I can use larger words to explain simple meanings to try and sound smart, as Z00p3rd00p does in Canterlot Castle.

• Brohoof 4

Even though I have a lot of free time, I still need to work around the house, go to the city often, build things, go to my political meetings and what not. I wouldn't be able to properly do the job. Also I don't know much about computer things still....

• Brohoof 2

I think I would be a pretty good mod.

All I do is school and chores so I could be on often. I've got a cool head and some pretty good judgment.

I dunno, I'm sure others would say otherwise. But that's just my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Every response to this thread thus far is some variant of "I'd make a bad mod guys" (cept for Kestrel, but I can't compete with a jet, are you serious?)

Well no longer.

I'd make a great mod, since I'm a perfect entity, and I can preform the duties of a mod perfectly and flawlessly, unlike that gaffe prone child eater Zoop. I will kiss babies on a daily basis rather than slapping them. Think of the children when you head to the polls this November.

I'm Whiteshade, and I approve this message.

• Brohoof 2

I'd make a terrible mod. Anybody who knows me knows I'm hungry for power and won't hesitate to abuse it, so there's no way I'd become one in the first place. Of course, I'd probably also just pretend to be legit for awhile so they'll give me mod powers, then go bat shit crazy with it and inflict irreparable damage on the users here. It would be especially effective because I'd constantly mention in passing about how I'd make a bad mod and how the staff would be insane to appoint me. But once they did, you can;t really expect me not to jump at that, I'd just hope that nobody would notice when I instantly accept the position after spending months saying how I probably wouldn't. But the plan seems to be working so far.

EDIT: this post is funny because I was a mod for over a year.

• Brohoof 10

I would make and do make a good mod. I have been in every position. Mod, super mod, admin and owner. I don't want to sound like a douche but it isn't that hard if you can manage being the enemy sometimes

People make it too hard IMO

Edited by Cupcake Ice Cream

Being a moderator sounds like a lot of FUN! :)

Though I've never moderated anything in my whole entire, but I guess everypony is a moderator at heart. I'd have to go to school which means I wouldn't be so active and I like to do the dishes apparently, because the feeling of water and dish soap against your skin is just refreshening!

Anyway I'd feel pretty bad if I had to hide someone else's post. I'd be all like, sending PMs saying "I am so, so sorry, but I had to do it!" or "Please forgive me! You're not mad at me are you?"

More or less, I'd be a okie dokie lokie mod, I think. Unless mommy and daddy say no.

Edited by Octavinyl
  • Brohoof 3

-In walks the living Discord, chaos and strife fan, paradox in that he's somehow a moderator-

I love being able to help, and I always have. Four years ago I got my first staff job and I loved it. Back then I was, what, fifteen? I was mildly immature and was a bit swelled in the noggin' and didn't fully realize what it means, but I learned a lot of lessons on that board, as well as a few more afterwords. In the end, moderation is a double-edged sword. You're Spider-Man, but without the tights; great power, comes great responsibility. Nowadays, I can proudly say I do it because I like to, even though the negativity and work load you obtain with it can be kind of annoying.

• Brohoof 7

I think most people who read this thread are going to doubt their modding potential. ;) As for me, I'm pretty new but I think I could do it. I've got several years of experience on my side. I used to run my own forum (launched it almost 7 years ago to the day I joined here), just on a smaller scale. Later on a pro wrestling board I delighted in outing trolls and picking apart poorly reasoned arguments, but that's not a major concern here. Other places taught me valuable lessons in professionalism and restraint. The only issue is, I like these forums mainly as an extension of the show. If I had to follow up on reports, enforce rules and resolve disputes, my experience here would be more about keeping order on the site and less about MLP itself, which is the whole reason I came. So I'm not sure if I would enjoy that. ^_^

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 1