Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you make a bad moderator?

TheBronyHeart

I was a moderator on a forum many years ago. I don't know how to judge my capabilities as a moderator even then because back then I was just incredibly immature all around. All I know was that I was very strict, and I don't think I'd be like that anymore. Well, not as much anyway!

The only reason I'd ever want to be a moderator ever again is to combat annoyances I have with forums these days. Like those members who put themselves above everybody else and try to act like moderators themselves. Particularly those who break the rules doing it. They put it upon themselves to post in topics what they feel about the topic "This is pointless. Lock it." I hate those types, and under my moderation they wouldn't get away with it. I haven't seen it as much here, though.

So in my eyes, I'd be doing good. LOL. I don't know... I don't have time to do such things anymore, anyway. It was fun back when I was a teenager, but now that I have a life it wouldn't work so well.

I've been a moderator at a few forums before without any complaints. Plus I'm the administrator of my own forum (derp) and still no complaints. Except for anti-brony/pony members who complain about us talking about the show sometimes, and some complaints on organization (which is to blame my service for), but nothing having to do with how I run things.

Here, however, I'd be terrible. The rules here are very different than what I'm use to in some places, and I would not be comfortable enforcing them. Plus I'm not very active here as a member due to time and a billion other projects, which means I wouldn't have time to serve.

Edited by Stingray

Me? What about me?

You don't like my opinion? Warning points!

You don't agree with my opinion? Warning points!

You have an opinion that's against mine? Warning points!

You don't like what I like? Warning points!

You like what I don't like? Warning points!

You agree with everything i said? Ohmygodletmeknowifyoueverneedanything

Yep, I didn't manage to destroy a whole subforum years ago for nothing! :P

• Brohoof 4

Yep, I didn't manage to destroy a whole subforum years ago for nothing!

Eegads. Bit tyrannical, this one is. :lol:

Remind me to stay on your good side if I ever come across a forum that you're a moderator on. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Eegads. Bit tyrannical, this one is. :lol:

I believe my behaviours on CDC serve as a clue on how well I will perform as a moderator :*

Things will hit the fan so hard, it would smash through the roof and lands on the moon. There is a banana involved somewhere, I'm pretty sure of that Posted Image

Me? What about me?

You don't like my opinion? Warning points!

You don't agree with my opinion? Warning points!

You have an opinion that's against mine? Warning points!

You don't like what I like? Warning points!

You like what I don't like? Warning points!

You agree with everything i said? Ohmygodletmeknowifyoueverneedanything

Yep, I didn't manage to destroy a whole subforum years ago for nothing! :P

*Will never oppose you, ever*..... :x

.... That Sunshine is such dictator, better be careful guys, you'll never know if you're on the moon the next morning! :D

• Brohoof 2

I would find it very hard to be a moderator considering that I would not be able to be on as much as I would like. But other than that it has got to be a bit hard to be a moderator anyways i would think. Have respect for those who are that is for sure.

I dunno *.*

I mean, I'm a good guy, is that a good quality to be a moderator? lulz :P

for some reason I feel that some users may be scared of me for being a mod, not to mention that I would have to check every single thread to make sure everything is not upside down http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png ...this would take a lot of my time as well

I can't be proffessional, firstly for my grammar, I can't even write a sentence without having a grammar mistake, and if you know me from the forum games, I'm the major jerk :P

• Brohoof 1

Considering I'm brand new, I would be a terrible moderator. :P

Otherwise, if I had been around a while, I don't know. I think the forums are too big for me to ever be very good at it. I admin/moderate other places, but they're a lot smaller. I'm good with smaller.

I think i would get pretty good at it. I'm not afraid to make lengthy posts or tell people how they are wrong.

And I am on here Oft' enough so IDK i guess that would all have to happen before i truly could answer this.

I would be awful. I have a tendency to drift away from sites for several weeks, and I hate being mean to people. Plus I'm super indecisive, so I'd be constantly doubting most of my decisions :S

With great power, comes great responsibility and all that guff.

I would probably be a good moderator because I keep just about everything organized.

I like working so it would probably be pretty cool to be a mod.

I just might fuck up every once and a while (XD) but still I think I'd be a pretty good moderator.

Edited by ~Wubs~

Mod? Nope, nope, nope.

I'm in school for 7 hours a day. I'm too lazy to even post alot anymore, so I'd be doing nothing as a mod, as to checking threads and making sure everything is A-OK.

Plus, people will expect greater things from me. And let's face it, I'm a total mess.

Dealing with haters? No thank you. Dealing with trolls? No thank you either. Having fun? Probably the only thing that I'm good at, and I won't be able to do it thanks to required leadership I'm supposed to take on certain tasks.

In conclusion, I would be a bad mod. These forums would not get the attention they need from me.

Edited by Swit Swat
  • Brohoof 1

I would probably be a pretty bad choice at this point in my life. I'm a nice and calm guy, and I'd have a good idea of what to do, but...

I'm currently studying full time at college, which means my time as a moderator would be incredibly limited, and because of that I'd probably start bouncing between projects like a pinball machine rather than having a steady path.

Any friends I've made along the way here will probably start to dislike me slightly due to me suddenly being higher up (Or, I'd see a lot of "I'm jealous that you were made mod instead of me").

Because of the higher perch, everyone will start to brohoof me more because my opinion will seem much better than anyone else's, when really it's not.

I suppose I'm just thinking too much about the negatives of becoming a staffie instead looking at how much I'd be helping out a community that's under constant fire from haters...

• Brohoof 1

I'm the hero this forum deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So I'll... lurk?

That didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.

I was a moderator on a forum many years ago. I don't know how to judge my capabilities as a moderator even then because back then I was just incredibly immature all around.

That seems to be a necessary qualification for most forums I've been to. A big reason I started spending most of my time here and haven't been back to many others.

• Brohoof 1

i'll be trhe best mosd there is. i will prove myself to fellowq mods, to felds0, and to my own being.

i accxpet this honer. i will not let you doqwn, felds0. i can do thisa. hopefully then, i will be loved. :'(

As much as I hate to say it... I would make a terrible moderator, I wish I could be good at it but I wouldn't.

I would never get around to reading through peoples posts I would just kinda forget about the whole thing and I would feel really bad about kicking or banning people unless they did something reaaaallly bad.

As a moderator on various other forums, I already know that I'm a terrible moderator XD.

But in all seriousness, I do what I have to do and still have fun at the same time. Generally I don't proactively go after posts, but instead rely on reported ones :\

I would not want to be a mod. I have thought about this in the past, and don't get me wrong, I love to be in a position of leadership/responsibility. But I have nil free time as it is, my entire social life would be gone if I had to moderate. The time I do spend on these forums is mostly time spent role playing, if I was a mod I would probably have to drop my role plays. If I was a mod I would do a good job, maybe even a great job, but being a mod does not sound like a fun endeavor. That is why I believe you mods out there deserve some major props, because you are doing something that I would really not want to do, and I salute you for it.

For the past 12 years I've been a moderator and/or admin for various communities covering a variety of interests. Sometimes it is interesting, challenging and rewarding. Other times it consists of grabbing idiot children by the craniums and bashing them together in an attempt to achieve some semblance of brain activity (or a departure from life...either is fine).

On this particular forum, there is no way I could perform effectively as a moderator. But for all the shit I talk about this very community, I stick with it. Why? I think it's because here, I have found a new appreciation for the simple joys of youthful hope, the passion borne from new discoveries, and the eagerness of a community loyal to its own members and ideals. Individually, we can be annoying twats (including me), but together we are pretty cool overall.

Um... Well... Not saying I want to be a mod... (Not yet... I'm only a parasprite.... When I posted this...) but I think I'd make a relatively good mod.... I'm on most of the time... I'm strict, but light, and... Well... I don't give a shit for light things... But maybe with the proper training... I'd be 10x better... But for the question...

Would you make a bad mod?

Errm.... Lets just say: when I'm in a bad mood... Yes...

Probably. I work terribly under pressure, and I just can't function knowing tons of people depend on me. Plus, the extra attention is uncomfortable.

Hmm... I hope I'm not derailing the topic by doing this, but I might as well take the oppertunity given the relevant subject.

Two of the four moderators on my forum have stepped down from their roles. I was just wondering if anyone might be interested in taking over. PM me if anyone's interested.

• 2 years later...

I suppose I would make a decent mod if I had more experience in doing it. Sometimes when I see a topic in the wrong section I'm like "Well that should be here, oh wait, I'm not a mod.". Ah, I might submit a test for it someday if I stay on here a lot like I usually do just to see if I'm cut out for it or not.