Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How's your Work Ethic?

Shiki

Disclaimer - Yo, modz i made a serch so dont h8 on me if dis is a dupe thred dawg

I was wondering how everyone's work ethic is whenever it comes to, well, anything. Some people have trouble doing things that they don't like doing, while others can blast through anything as if it's nothing. This can be school-related for all you younger members out there, or can be work-related for all you old geezers like Zoop more-experienced-in-life members out there.

Quite honestly, I think I'm lazier than... crap, who's someone even remotely as lazy as me... There's no one. I am the laziest person on Earth. I refuse to do any schoolwork, I avoid getting out of bed every day because I just don't feel like moving, and if I'm not given food to eat from my guardians, I'm most likely going to be too lazy to actually make anything for myself to eat. I don't eat breakfast or lunch because I'm too lazy to make it in the morning and then buy it in the afternoon. I am, by all means, lazy. 100 point paper due in a month? Wait until last minute to get it done? No. Just don't do it. It's possibly my worst feature, but I shan't go in this direction right now.

Even if I'm in the mood to draw something, I just simply won't do it, because I'm too lazy. I refuse to do things that I enjoy because I am just THAT lazy.

How bad/good are you guys/gals with this?

• Brohoof 3

Almost non-existent, unless it's something I want to do. I never refuse to do things I enjoy, but no one ever asks for me to do anything so I don't do anything.

I'll push myself to do something, and set goals to complete certain things depending on imprortance and personal interest. Usually..... I try to get all the work I can get done at once (A.K.A: School work = no home work), so I have more room fore watching Game Grumps on youtube and have more me-time like art, Xbox, or Facebook or whatever. :D If it's something I wouldn't like doing, but it's something that'll challenge my abilities and help me improve then I'll do it probably, but I won't agree with the out-come usually. Basically, anything that sparks interest and is of any importance or personal importance, then I'll probably do it, but anything besides that then probably not. :)

Edited by Ad Foedera Cresco

I'm a lazy bum who does nothing all day and makes you do more work.

I'm lazy, sadly to confess, but I try my best, honestly.

My grades show it :P

Hmmm... I failed both sixth and seventh grade because I was too lazy to do any work.

(For state exams, I often got above the 95th percentile, so it wasn't because I was stupid.)

I've gotten better over the years. I'm a junior now, passing all my classes with at least C's.

For manual labor, I'm all "ugghh this is boring" in my head, but I work steadily and efficiently.

Honestly, my work ethic is "lay on my bed playing video games and watching TV", I'm way too lazy to actually put effort in things. Except School. I get straight A's in school, because, y'know, we have to go there, might as well do good at it.

I have become not lazy, but extremelly irresponsible for not priorizing properly my activities for the day. the reason of that? MLP forums and ponies, yep! that's the reason, I cannot put down this forum, even if I really tried.

I'm a graduate student meaning that I'm super busy with my subjects, always preparing speeches and big projects, another thing is that working from home doesn't help either, I get distracted way too easily u_u

not to mention the house chores that I have to do, 24 hours a day is not enough! actually I should be preparing a speech I have for tomorrow, and I DON'T EVEN CARE! I rather be here XD

If its something i like, Consider it done

If is something i dont like, you'll have to handcuff me to whatever it is. (and even then theres no guarentee)

Ive made it to grade 11 mostly procrastinating. I may have to change soon though..... It doesent get any easier after all.

I really don't put more effort towards anything besides band. And with all the practices afterschool i've gotten pretty lazy with practicing that to.

As for schoolwork i'm usally quite the procrastinator. And I'm just plain lazy most of the time.

I have some times where I'm totally willing to work tho. I have those days where I just feel like helping people.(However alot of times this gets wasted because i'm unable to actually do anything with the energy)

Well, it's really hard to push myself to actually do things considering I have little motivation to work at all, let alone do my morning obligations. I'm the kind of person that reads a page of literature, takes notes, and tells herself "I'm such a hard worker, I need to give myself a break" and then plays Zelda until it's too late to work at all. Even so I have straight As in all my classes except politics, which is in spanish. I'll probably blow my AP world history grade too eventually, I read the crap sometimes but I don't process it permanently.

I try doing everything in class since work at home is done too late at night unless it's math. If it's over the weekend, I never do it until late sunday night, and if it's reading I don't often do it. I'm lucky I manage without trying my hardest :P

I'm a very organized person so I prioritize really well. I also hate the feeling of procrastinating so I try to avoid it as much as possible. With homework I usually do it the day it's assigned just so I don't have to worry about it in the future. I'm a good student as I try my hardest, but I can be extremely lazy if I don't like something. I tend to have the "I'll do it only if I love it" attitude which is both good and bad. On the plus side, I do music and poli sci stuff with a lot of effort and enjoyment. On the bad side, my gen eds aren't fantastic. But, whatever. I do my best and try.

As for life in general, I try to do the same though sometimes it doesn't always work out. Things just get in the way and I learned this year that there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything. So, try to do what's important and wait until tomorrow. "After all, tomorrow is another day." Scarlett O'Hara. :wub:

I can do what I do not want to do so long as there is a real reason to do it. If I can not come up with a good reason to do it then I have a hard time with it. When I was a kid this made me kind of a problem because if I was told to do something, if I saw a good reason for doing it then I would but if I thought there was not a good reason or it was something like raking leaves -- why rake more than 95% of them since in a few hours there would not be any difference when my parents preferred a more complete job.

I'm extremely vigilant when it comes to getting stuff done. Especially college stuff. I wanna have extra time for friends, Basketball, and of course, PONIES!!!!! I mean, hey, even ponies go to school and get stuff done. They are my role models!

However, if it's something that has to do with Math, you'd probably catch me in the other room watching television rather than in front of algebraic expressions lol.

I'll be able to motivate myself when it comes to school, or at least the min amount of work it takes to get mostly A's... but other than that, I'm just a flat out lazy person. Like a few other people have said; If I like it, sure ill do it... But If I don't, then get it out of my face. ^_^

When I put my mind to something, I want to see it get done. My first job was as kitchen staff at McDonalds and it was very high stress. All the jobs I've had since then are zen in comparison to that pressure. Despite this though, I try to preserve a similar effort into those jobs as I did in the kitchen. Maybe a little less to avoid burnout.

Edited by Celtore
Holy crap it's 2018!

In terms of working/employment, I work as efficiently as I can. I hate disappointing anybody so if I have a superior I'm working for, I work harder to get stuff done. I think I'd rather work for someone than own my own business because of that drive. If I worked for myself I'd be a lazy sack.

Heh I'm lazy. Right now I have to answer some seatwork but I'm just secretly posting on my phone.

My motto is, "Put off till tomorrow what you don't want to do today."

Pretty non-existent. I did horribly in school, because I just couldn't find any motivation to do my work or pay attention. I'll put off things like cleaning my apartment or even simple things like putting money in the bank because I just don't feel like doing it. Even things I want to do often get delayed, because they require more work than I am willing to give. But I'm really trying to work on that; laziness gets you nowhere, and I'm sick of being there.

My work ethic depends on some things.

1. Do I enjoy it?

2. Is the result worth it?

If I really enjoy working at something, I will spend hours upon hours doing it. ICTX, my technology course, I have spent more homework time on that than any course, but Math, my least favorite subject is something I don't work as hard at. It varies depending on what I'm doing.

As Roy brown would say in his song Mighty Mighty Man, "he'll be on the job until the job is done". This is the case with me. It's because I have developed such an ambitious guide on proper work ethic, which I may share with you all later, that I pretty much have the opposite problem. I love to work. It's really weird. I love working so much that I actually think it's kind of bad for me. Sometimes I even need to tell myself, I can't work today, I need to give myself a break! I used to have a problem where I'd start something but lose interest and never finish it, but after I created the guide, that problems gone. Come hell or high water I'll finish whatever needs to be done. Sometimes though I have a problem of starting things, because of my fears.

Edited by Modphase

I won't stop working until the pile of papers on my desk sorted or disappears into oblivion, after that I will procrastinate like hell :P

I enjoys my job, and I can do it much faster than any of my co-workers, so most of the time I ends up sitting around doing nothing while waiting they finished theirs before I could start working on my parts.

When I'm actually working on something and putting my mind to it, I'm extremely dedicated. However, I have untreated adult ADD so it makes it extremely difficult to focus on anything, even if I enjoy it. Otherwise though...

Never ask someone how his work ethic is. Ask the people he works with. ;)

They might say I'm very quiet, serious and committed to the job, to the point that I barely talk to anybody. But who knows. I try not to slack off.

Edited by TailsAlone