Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How's your Work Ethic?

Shiki

It depends on what work needs to be done. If it's something I really want to get done, It'll be high. If it's literally anything else, non at all. I usually have to find a way to force myself to do it.

It depends. In general, I have no work ethic. I just don't put any real effort into anything if I don't like it, up to and including my job. That said, when I'm writing fanfics or original stories, I tend to look up a lot of stuff I might want to use. In case of a fanfic, I tend to look up if things would fit within the canon, if I can use canon elements to support my story, or I plain look up stuff about the environments I'm sending my characters into, to see what hazards they might contain and if there are any legends about them I can use to my advantage. I even do this for useless stuff that no one but the most pedantic person would ever comment on. This all might be related to the fact that my hope is to one day become an actual writer, so it would make sense I actually do enjoy putting the work in when it comes to that.

If the work in question is something I don't like, I'm going to struggle getting through it--I'll even complain about it. On the other hand, if it's something that I like, I'll make sure to put my absolute best effort in making sure it gets done.

When I get down to doing a job, especially one I've been hired by someone else to do, I have an exceptional work ethic. I can't in good conscience take money for something unless I give it everything I've got and then some. It's a matter of pride; if I've got it, I give it. 

• Brohoof 1

poor

*drum riff

no seriously it is pretty bad XD i mean i have always tried to do my up-most at what i can do in anything expected from me at any detail in life whilst trying to not do harm but it does not seem to be enough for most people :(

*drinks his 12th can of soda in the last 4 hours

well, i have another 24 hours to feel better about this C:

• 1 month later...

Not too good.

Although I don't confirm it, I'm pretty sure my laziness and lack of ambition may have something to do with the climates of the places I've lived in. It's not really as bad during wintertime though. I guess near incessant heat coupled with anxiety is an energy drainer. 

I've been here, working hard, for 11 years with countless more on their way. I've become a fairly integral part of the company's day-to-day operations, but even before when I was brand new I still worked very hard every day for the respect of my peers. To me, a successful life is built upon the foundation of one of two things; fulfillment or happiness. I chose one, and then the other. Seeing as I haven't missed a day for anything that wasn't an annually planned vacation in over 4 years now, I think I'd consider my work ethic to be pretty solid. :)

• 3 weeks later...

When it's something i'm afraid of, I tend to hide from it or put it off. But if it's something I like, I really try to dedicate a lot of my time an energy into it. But I do take breaks often, even if I enjoy what i'm doing. Otherwise I lose any motivation to continue what i'm doing, and that's pretty counterproductive. But I like to make a list of things that I like, and doing those things in between work loads helps make it easier to handle.

I had a pretty rough job for a few years; a lot of long days, double shifts, and not the best people to work with. I think I grew a lot from that and now I've got a pretty hardy attitude about work.

What work ethic? The only time where i really research or do anything like that is if it is due in a day or is for a friend.

Edited by Yumekai

• 1 year later...

My work ethic is really good I’d say. I’m in college and working on top of it. It certainly is not an easy trade off but it’s got its perks. (Like money) ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I used to be hardcore, but now...not anymore. I only work "hard" if I'm getting paid enough for it. Otherwise, you can expect me to do a half-ass work. I'm not working my ass off to make the company richer.

D13A8329-39BC-46A3-A635-785FD2D2DAAB.thumb.jpeg.27ccca2ff28383778055c4ca5db0310d.jpeg

I like my job only marginally more than I like being homeless.

having said that I do put my all into work whenever I can and it’s been recognized by my supervisors. I don’t like working but I figure if I am there I might as well give it my best shot. Unless I am not being paid, in which case I don’t lift a finger to work for you.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 months later...