Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

"Stay away from women. That's my motto." "But I can't." "Neither can I. That's my trouble..."

-Rowlf and Kermit in the Muppet Movie.

"I figured out why Mcdonalds doesn't sell hotdogs... Who could order a McWeiner without bursting out laughing?"

-An old friend of mine that I haven't seen in far too long...

"Hey Dracula, does batman know you're wearing his cape so badly?"

-Yakko Warner

"Female brains must get smaller as their hips get bigger"

-PSSSH!... Who wrote that sexist crap in this post. Heheh.

"If you can do anything else, don't take the waitress' job"

-My mom [she's got tons of these... I don't know if she makes them up or hears them from somewhere]

THEN....are all the ones we've all probably hear a gazillion times... After all, everyone is unoriginal and can only say something witty if they copy&pasted it from somewhere else.

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

"We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police."

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Edited by Fghik
  • Brohoof 2

My two favorite ones are in my signiture. But I have some others I like. Sorry, but I dont remember who said 'em

"All it takes for evil to succeed is for a few good men to sit by and do nothing"

"How can I make this more poetic when there is nothing more pathetic to be said?"

"Whats the point of dying rich? You are not going to take the money into the afterlife, are you?"

"how old are you? 30 going on 12?"

"Dude dude dude! Hold my beer, watch this!" - famous last words

"there is nothing in life that tugs at more heartstrings than a story of love between two people. To watch as the feelings between the two blossom and enfold each other. All mankind loves a lover."

Edited by IrkenFenrir
  • Brohoof 1

"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" -Dracula

"Life... Dreams... Hope... Where do they come from? Where do they go...? Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!" -Kefka Palazzo

"I just don't know what went wrong?" -Derpy Hooves

I have SOOOO much more but I'll post them later

Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

― C.S. Lewis

Happy is he who still loves something he loved in the nursery: He has not been broken in two by time; he is not two men, but one, and he has saved not only his soul but his life.

― G.K. Chesterton

This is always my defense when I encounter anti-bronies.

• Brohoof 5

"Only the insane are truly sane and only those who think their sane are truly insane." - Me. My philosophy.

"Hey that's what I said!" - Pinkie Pie (in which a million That's what she said jokes were promptly cracked because it was literally what she said.)

Edited by Arashi Takamine

Captain: "What happen?"

Crew: "Somebody set us up the bomb! We get signal!"

Captain: "What?!"

Crew: "Main screen turn on."

Captain: "It's you!"

Cats: "How are you gentleman!! All your base are belong to us! You are on the way to destruction!"

Captain: "What you say!"

Cats: "You have no chance to survive make your time. HAHAHA."

• Brohoof 4

"Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?" - Edward Gaines

Always loved that one.

Also love this one:

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

• Brohoof 3

• 7 months later...

Hopefully there's not a topic like this one, I couldn't find one.

Anyway, tell me what your favourite quotes are, no matter the source. Be it words of wisdom, a hilarious outlook on life, a line from a book/song, whatever you want.

I'll start with a few of mine.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

That's from H.P. Lovecraft, and is the first sentence from The Call of Cthulhu.

Now for another Lovecraftian quote.

But by God, Eliot, it was a photograph from life.

This line is the final line from Pickman's Model, probably my favourite Lovecraft story, and taken out of context may not mean much, but as the conclusion to the story, it is very powerful and ties up the story perfectly.

• Brohoof 2

“Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.”

-Bruce Lee

"My dad thought me to be a fighter. you can go on feeling sorry for yourself, or you can be a fighter!"

-Jason David Frank a.k.a Tommy Oliver the Green power ranger

"The very young do not always do as they are told!"

-The Nox, Stargate SG1

(I find this one is a deeper version of "listen to your elders")

The next one is a little on the humorous side but rather then explain it i'll show it to you:

"You are...out of your mind! HAYAAAAAH!!!"

-Tommy Oliver

(I'll probably add some more if i think of any)

These are from MLP: Fighting is Magic. Most are from Twilight Sparkle, last one is from Pinkie Pie.

Dear Princess Celestia, today I have learned to believe in myself.

Dear Princess Celestia, today I have learned how to channel the hadou.

Ok, chapter 3: How to attack

Lookie lookie! The screen says I won!

Edited by Jason Caternolo

Take what you can

Give nothing back

-Jack Sparrow

Also

It is not who you are from the outside

But what you do that defines you

-Batman

And

When you have eliminated all the impossible

Whatever left, however improbable

Must be the truth

-Sherlock

Edited by Princess Cadance

"Seven six two, from me to you" - Christmas Patriarch.

"But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace soubriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona. Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin, van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

Verily this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V."

I'm not even religious, but this (anonymous) quote/poem thingy still gives me chills when I read it:

And when he gets to heaven

To St. Peter he will tell:

"One more soldier reporting sir,

I've served my time in hell."

From the WWII era, I believe

• Brohoof 2

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, Its about learning to dance in the rain."

I also like this one.

"Crying isn't a sign of weakness, infact from the moment you where born it has been a sign that you are alive."

Not sure if either have a definate author. I found them on a random quote site and/or app on my ipod.

I love quotes tho I look at them all the time :D

Edited by Zygen

Also,:

My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?

- Charles M. Schulz

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

-George Carlin

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."

- Frederic Bastiat

" My mind is my church. "

- Thomas Paine

" peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none "

- Thomas Jefferson

“ For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness. ”

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something I'm not!" - Mike Mizanin (WWE Superstar)

"I should win a f***king award for being me." - Tyler The Creator

• Brohoof 1

"You can't eat an orange and throw the peel away; a man is not a piece of fruit!" - Willy Loman, from Arthur Millers "Death of A Salesman"

"Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you." - George Carlin