Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

(edited)

Death before Dishonour

"People need stories more then bread itself. they tell us how to live and why." - From a miniseries based on Arabian Nights.

"Artists use lies to tell the truth" - V for Vendetta

"For every good reason there is to lie, there is a better reason to tell the truth." - Bo Bennett

"Let justice be done, though the world perish" - Latin phrase and motto of Ferdinand I.

"The irrationality of a thing is not an argument against its existence, rather, a condition of it." - Nietzsche

"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Roald Dahl

"Better to write for yourself and have no public than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Connolly

"A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind." - Robert Oxton Bolt

"No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one." - Elbert Hubbard

"The past is our definition. We may strive with good reason to escape it, or to escape what is bad in it. But we will escape it only by adding something better to it." - Wendell Berry

"Who hindered you from following the truth, whatever persuasion he used, it did not come from God. I am confident you will not take the wrong view but the man who is unsettling your mind, whoever he may be, must bear God's judgement." - Quantum Leap.

"It was not impossible to build Rapture at the bottom of the sea. It was impossible to build it anywhere else." - Bioshock

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are." — Arthur Golden

"The truth doesn't care about our needs or wants. It doesn't care about our governments, our ideologies, our religions." - Chernobyl, episode 5.

"The most important thing a parent can give their child is a good example of how to live their life. Anything else the child can get for themself. But if they have no example they have nothing." - Due South

"People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds. It is something one creates." — Thomas Szasz

"You'd best start believing in ghost stories miss turner, you're in one!" - Pirates of the Caribbean

"Scars remind us where we've been, they don't tell us where we're going" - Criminal Minds.

"...if this long island story of ours is to end at last then let it end only when each one of us lies choking in his own blood upon the ground!" - Darkest Hour

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

"Without heroes, we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go." - Bernard Malamud

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” - Ambrose Redmoon

"Love feels no burden, thinks nothing of its trouble, attempts what is above its strength, pleads no excuse for impossibility, for it thinks all things are lawful for itself and all things are possible." - Thomas Kemp

"What really raises one's indignation against suffering is not suffering intrinsically, but the senselessness of suffering." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Tomorrow, you promise yourself, will be different, yet, tomorrow is too often a repetition of today." — Author James T. McCay

"There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy." — Dante

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Show me your garden and I shall tell you who you are." - Alfred Austin

"To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow." - Audrey Hepburn

"The world is an inferno of evil and there are only two ways of dealing with it. The first is easy and wrong, you accept it and become part of it. The second is hard and right, you fight it, you find those who aren't evil and you help them."- From a miniseries based on Arabian Nights.

"Every nation gets the government it deserves." - Joseph de Maistre

"I don't think I'm that special at all, just like everyone else I wanna feel safe at night, that's what Blankman stands for. Every man who looks out his window, sees something wrong and decides to do something about it." - Blankman

“There are some upon this earth of yours who lay claim to know us, and who do their deeds of passion, pride, ill-will, hatred, envy, bigotry, and selfishness in our name; who are as strange to us and all our kith and kin, as if they had never lived. Remember that, and charge their doings on themselves, not us.”
― Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

"Strange to think that when we're gone, well be preserved forever on a little strip of film, a little bit of who we were and what we did and we'll be remembered when we have gone." - Oh Mr toad! Final episode.

"The artist, entertainer and leisure worker are the most dispensable yet essential of professions. All other professions provide for our lives. It is the artist, entertainer and leisure worker who make that life worth living." - Ashley Miller

I know this is a lot but this is what happens when you ask this question to a fan of Criminal Minds. 

Edited by Casey Pones
  • Brohoof 1